Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscriber Ponderableonline
    chemist
    05 Sep '17 12:33
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    Hurrah! My second-best result, but if I count self-killed threads I am No 1.
    And I think, Ponderable, that you're competing deliberately, by seeking lonesome, forgotten threads to euthanize in the dark of the night...
    I had one killed with the first post myself
  2. Standard member BongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    30 Sep '17 04:21
    the thread's dead
  3. Subscriber Ponderableonline
    chemist
    30 Sep '17 06:56
    Results for July 2017:

    50 threads killed

    Thread Killing Champ: wolfgang59 7 ( 14 % )

    runner up: sonhouse 6

    Joint 3rd: Great Big Stees and Ponderable 5

    also runs:

    3: Kewpie
    2: divegester, Shallow Blue, Bongallo Joe, HandyAndy, Captain Strange, Ghost of a Duke
    1: vandervelde, moonbus, Suzianne, Thunderrook, apathist, abejnood, Torunn, Very Rusty, FreakyKBH, Rus, FMF, Lakie

    Honourable mentions:
    nobody maganed to kill threads with 100+ posts
    vandervelde, snhouse and Ponderable managed to kill a thread with the first post.
  4. Subscriber Ponderableonline
    chemist
    31 Oct '17 05:45
    Results for August 2017:

    Number of threads killed: 31

    Joint Thread killing champs: sonhouse and Very Rusty 4 each (12.6 % )

    Joint runners up: vandervelde and Ponderable 3 each.

    Also runs:
    2: moonbus, robbe carrobbie, Torunn
    1: Larkie, Captain Strange, wolfgang59, aranya10, GreatBigStees, ogb, Shallow Blue, abejnood, karoly aczel, Silverstriker,Kewpie

    Nobody managed to kill a thread with more than 100 posts.
    Larkie, sonhouse (2) and abejnood managed to kill threads withthe first post.
  5. Subscriber Ponderableonline
    chemist
    05 Dec '17 09:07
    Results for September 2017:

    Number of threads killed: 49

    Thread killing champ: sonhouse 9 (18.4 % )

    Joint runners up: wolfgang59 and moonbus 5 each.

    Also runs:
    3: Very Rusty, Ponderable, divegester, josephw
    2: FMF, Torunn
    1:vandervelde, lemondrop, Kegge, HandyAndy, C J Horse, midelleon, Karoly Aczel, ogb, caissad4, Bongallo Joe, Paul A Roberts, JS357, whodey, Monty Moose

    Torunn (368) managed to kill a thread with more than 100 posts.
    sonhouse (3), FMF, vandervelde and wolfgang59 managed to kill threads with the first post.
  6. 05 Dec '17 09:45
  7. Subscriber Ponderableonline
    chemist
    02 Jan '18 10:43
    Results for October 2017:

    Number of threads killed: 39

    Thread killing champ: sonhouse 8 (20.5 % )

    Joint runners up: moonbus, mghrn55, vandervelde, Torunn, Ponderable 3 each.

    Also runs:

    2: FMF, Very Rusty, divegester, Indonesia Phil, wolfgang59
    1:Velns, Shallow Blue, Captain Strange, Great Big Stees, whodey, ogb

    Torunn (300) managed to kill a thread with more than 100 posts.
    sonhouse (2), FMF and wolfgang59 managed to kill threads with the first post.
  8. 02 Jan '18 10:46
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Results for October 2017:

    Number of threads killed: 39

    Thread killing champ: sonhouse 8 (20.5 % )

    Joint runners up: moonbus, mghrn55, vandervelde, Torunn, Ponderable 3 each.

    Also runs:

    2: FMF, Very Rusty, divegester, Indonesia Phil, wolfgang59
    1:Velns, Shallow Blue, Captain Strange, Great Big Stees, whodey, ogb

    Torunn (300) managed to ...[text shortened]... e than 100 posts.
    sonhouse (2), FMF and wolfgang59 managed to kill threads with the first post.
    Are you calibrating for volume of posting?
  9. Subscriber Ponderableonline
    chemist
    02 Jan '18 10:48
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Are you calibrating for volume of posting?
    In fact I count the numbers of threads in which a given poster had the last post.

    If I would count postings I would probably grow grey hair...
  10. 02 Jan '18 10:51
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    In fact I count the numbers of threads in which a given poster had the last post.

    If I would count postings I would probably grow grey hair...
    haha true.

    One thought occurred to me when reviewing August killers; robbie carrobie was a thread killer, who was himself killed by a thread.
  11. 02 Jan '18 12:45
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Results for October 2017:

    Number of threads killed: 39

    Thread killing champ: sonhouse 8 (20.5 % )

    Joint runners up: moonbus, mghrn55, vandervelde, Torunn, Ponderable 3 each.

    Also runs:

    2: FMF, Very Rusty, divegester, Indonesia Phil, wolfgang59
    1:Velns, Shallow Blue, Captain Strange, Great Big Stees, whodey, ogb

    Torunn (300) managed to ...[text shortened]... e than 100 posts.
    sonhouse (2), FMF and wolfgang59 managed to kill threads with the first post.
    Thank you, Ponderable - I'm making some progress here
  12. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    05 Jan '18 10:23
    Jimslyp was a gay
  13. 06 Jan '18 14:29
    Originally posted by @huckleberryhound
    Jimslyp was a gay
    What's he now?
  14. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    06 Jan '18 14:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    What's he now?
    Probably still a gay, not sure if there is a fix for that.


    For the record, Jimslyp was also a friend of mine (or at least, we were friendly on the forums) and genuinely a homosexual. So those thumbing down the post can go virtue signal elsewhere. I feel your judgement, i reject your judgement.

    Dr Strangelove, never forgotten.
  15. 06 Jan '18 15:07
    Originally posted by @huckleberryhound
    Probably still a gay, not sure if there is a fix for that.


    For the record, Jimslyp was also a friend of mine (or at least, we were friendly on the forums) and genuinely a homosexual. So those thumbing down the post can go virtue signal elsewhere. I feel your judgement, i reject your judgement.

    Dr Strangelove, never forgotten.
    I agree. Who cares about someone's preference? It's "their" preference and those object, be damned.