JMHO -

JMHO - "make them!"

General

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
25 Dec 22

Many would say it's silly to make New Year's resolutions. I say, "make them!" Write them down and keep them where you can see them everyday. You may only accomplish 5 - 10% of them, but that's still better than accomplishing nothing.

👌

Moves
25 Dec 22

I agree.

I failed this year so it's the same resolution for 2023.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
23 Feb 23

@mchill said
Many would say it's silly to make New Year's resolutions. I say, "make them!" Write them down and keep them where you can see them everyday. You may only accomplish 5 - 10% of them, but that's still better than accomplishing nothing.
So: Did it work out?

Moves
23 Feb 23

@ponderable said
So: Did it work out?
He left the site, only time will tell if he actually left or will come back like someone else who made a thread about leaving and didn't.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
23 Feb 23
3 edits

@a-unique-nickname said
He left the site, only time will tell if he actually left or will come back like someone else who made a thread about leaving and didn't.
A Unique Nickname - I left correspondence chess to pursue OTB events. If I do return here to compete, it won't be as "someone else."

Regarding these forums (all of them) I drop in once a week or so to read them, but don't plan to comment as much as in the past.

Ponderable - Did it work out? Yes, but only because my resolutions were modest.

- Nice to know you folks are thinking of me though, and hope your day is a good one. 🙂

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
23 Feb 23

@mchill said
I left correspondence chess to pursue OTB events. If I do return here to compete, it won't be as "someone else."

Regarding these forums (all of them) I drop in once a week or so to read them, but don't plan to comment as much as in the past.

- Nice to know you folks are thinking of me though. 🙂
and how did your resolutions go?

It's lent here, so a lot of folk are giving things up till Easter. Usually chocolate and then having chocolate eggs on Easter Sunday.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Feb 23

@a-unique-nickname said
One should always follow through on what they say, or no one is going to believe what they say.

-VR

Moves
23 Feb 23

@very-rusty said
One should always follow through on what they say, or no one is going to believe what they say.

-VR
So when are you going to duff Dive up?

Moves
23 Feb 23

@mchill said
A Unique Nickname - I left correspondence chess to pursue OTB events. If I do return here to compete, it won't be as "someone else."

- Nice to know you folks are thinking of me though, and hope your day is a good one. 🙂
Aw, I took it to mean you'd be leaving the forums as well.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Feb 23

@a-unique-nickname said
I already said he wasn't worth my time and can't fight is way out of a large paper bag if someone started the hole for him. Perhaps, you'd like to stand up for him? 🙂 😛

-VR

Moves
23 Feb 23

@mchill said

LOL, another drama Queen 😆

Thread 196044

Moves
23 Feb 23

@a-unique-nickname said
I’ve offered to accommodate him with a meet up in the UK but he’s not going to “follow through” apparently.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Feb 23
1 edit

@divegeester said
I’ve offered to accommodate him with a meet up in the UK but he’s not going to “follow through” apparently.
No you were coming over, until I told you about the freezing rain.....Growing feathers anywhere on your body? 😛 🙂 Is your nose growing longer?

-VR

Moves
23 Feb 23
1 edit

@very-rusty said
No you were coming over
You want me to fly 3000 miles to accommodate your threats to duff me up?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Feb 23

@divegeester said
You want me to fly 3000 miles to accommodate your threats to duff me up?
Only one talking about duffing up is YOU! I am Canadian, we don't say duffing up. We call it putting someone in their place, as I said in your case not even worth my time. 😛 🙂

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.