1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 12:52
    Because of my age, his brilliance marked my growing real-time awareness of football at its best ~ perhaps ~ more than Pele's did. This may not be backed up the video evidence, I don't know. But Cruyff did one other thing brilliantly that Pele didn't: manage at the very highest domestic level.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 14:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Because of my age, his brilliance marked my growing real-time awareness of football at its best ~ perhaps ~ more than Pele's did. This may not be backed up the video evidence, I don't know. But Cruyff did one other thing brilliantly that Pele didn't: manage at the very highest domestic level.
    Are you in the habit of, daily, reading the obits?
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 14:06
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Cruyff was a really big number in Football (a game with a ball played using the foot, hence the Name as opposed to "american Football" which neither played with a ball nor with the feet). So it is big and sad News.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 14:14
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Cruyff was a really big number in Football (a game with a ball played using the foot, hence the Name as opposed to "american Football" which neither played with a ball nor with the feet). So it is big and sad News.
    Like rugby, American football uses a ball and like soccer, the foot is used in both of them, on occasion. Any death is sad news for someone.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 14:551 edit
    Having been told so many times on the Spirituality Forum that my life is "meaningless" because I'm not a religionist, I suppose - it's taken its toll - and I've nothing better to do than be counting the days down to my own demise and oh my they are strewn with the demises of famous people who, year after year, seem - on average - to be getting closer and closer to my own age. 😛
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 15:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    Having been told so many times on the Spirituality Forum that my life is "meaningless" because I'm not a religionist, I suppose - it's taken its toll - and I've nothing better to do than be counting the days down to my own demise and oh my they are strewn with the demises of famous people who, year after year, seem - on average - to be getting closer and closer to my own age. 😛
    Remember, "Birth is a terminal disease".
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 15:44
    Remember, "Birth is a terminal disease".
    And it's sexually transmitted too!
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 16:24
    Sad day for football 🙁

P.S. Also a sad day for the Catalonian independence propaganda machine
    disguised as a football team, for it has lots one of its mouthpieces.
  9. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 17:08
    He was one of the greatest and will be missed.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 18:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    And it's sexually transmitted too!
    Sometimes it's done "alternatively". I much prefer the former of course.
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 19:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Probably played in the greatest national team not to win the world cup ( bloody Germans again )
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 19:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    Didn't your mom ever tell you that if you continue making that face that it might "get stuck" that way? In this forum, your upper lip rises more than Elvis'.

And meanwhile, we "religionists" just go on living our lives more abundantly.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 21:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Didn't your mom ever tell you that if you continue making that face that it might "get stuck" that way? In this forum, your upper lip rises more than Elvis'.

And meanwhile, we "religionists" just go on living our lives [b]more abundantly
    .[/b]
    A new low tuts, this is a thread to respect one of the greatest footballers of all time, go and and talk about other peoples mums elsewhere.
  14. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 21:55
    Originally posted by Trev33
    A new low tuts, this is a thread to respect one of the greatest footballers of all time, go and and talk about other peoples mums elsewhere.
    it is a new low for the 2 sad b%8tards who gave the initial post on the thread a thumbs down!

the link between Pele and Maradonna as the best player in the world

a truly great footballer RIP
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 04:17
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    [Johan Cruyff] is the link between Pele and Maradonna as the best player in the world

a truly great footballer RIP
    Who would be your two or three "best players in the world" since the Maradonna era?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree