1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 21:15
    NO! Don't go in there! You don't have to die! No one has to die at 30! You could live! LIVE! Live, and grow old! I've seen it! She's seen it!
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 21:16
    Originally posted by Russ
    Its no coincidence that this site was initially developed shortly after the arrival of my first son.

Suddenly the pub wasn't an option, how to fill those evenings? Write a chess site.

Pros : No kids, no RHP.
    Cons : Everything else. (I joke 😉 )
    "Its no coincidence that this site was initially developed shortly after the arrival of my first son." -Russ

Hmm... that timing suggests your first son is of age to join an online correspondence chess site like rhp.com. If so, please tell RHP Code Monkey, Jr. that Grampy Bobby would appreciate the honour of being his first opponent in a casual game.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 21:18
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Its no coincidence that this site was initially developed shortly after the arrival of my first son." -Russ

Hmm... that timing suggests your first son is of age to join an online correspondence chess site like rhp.com. If so, please tell RHP Code Monkey, Jr. that Grampy Bobby would appreciate the honour of being his first opponent in a casual game.
    Not creepy.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 21:30

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 21:46
    Originally posted by darvlay

My first is going to be two very soon. I have found that being a parent means first and foremost being a selfless person. That means getting up early sometimes with her. Sitting with her for an extra twenty minutes while she falls asleep. Having to get to her level and comfort her when she's frustrated and can't express herself like her mama and papa. ...[text shortened]... s of pain when she needs you, the joy in watching her learn to jump, dance, hug, talk and laugh.
    "My first is going to be two very soon. I have found that being a parent means first and foremost being a selfless person."

You've just spoken the enduring sentiments of every grateful father on this site; thanks, darvlay.
  6. Joined
    02 Apr '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 22:47
    Matthew 19:14 " allow the little children to come unto me for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Jesus Christ loved little children. Their unbridled and unemcumbered faith, trust and love is a joy to behold and a blessing not only to parents but to us grandparents as well. It's a shame that many times growing older robs them of the pure attributes of their childhood.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree