1. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 16:32
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    And you spelt spelt wrong. I hate smarty-pants kids.
    Actually, "spelt" is a type of old fashioned grain used in old bread. To avoid confusion, modern people use "spelled". So you hate me now, hey? Like I care what an old geezer like you thinks of me.
  2. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 22:18
    Originally posted by Tygert
    Actually, "spelt" is a type of old fashioned grain used in old bread. To avoid confusion, modern people use "spelled". So you hate me now, hey? Like I care what an old geezer like you thinks of me.
    "Modern people", lol. "Modern people" certainly don't know that spelt is a type of grain used in "old bread". And they often don't know how to spell either. Spelt is a perfectly acceptable word for the past tense of 'to spell' in Britain.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 00:15
    Originally posted by Tygert
    I don't hate you, little man. But you're really hard to like.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 01:50
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And I hate French spelling. Especially when the English use it.

"Labor Day" is a holiday in America. So it is NOT misspelled.

"Labour Day" is a holiday in most other English speaking countries, except England, curiously.
    International Workers Day. (1st May)
    The UK have the following Monday off.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 18:15
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    International Workers Day. (1st May)
    The UK have the following Monday off.
    So why do they celebrate a day that the rest of the world celebrates over a day that the rest of the English-speaking world celebrates?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree