1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 05:59
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Who's joking?

I also have a cardigan that is old enough to vote.
    All cardigans are old enough to vote - they are born old.
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 06:45
    Originally posted by Ashiitaka
    The debates forum is especially futile. I don't think I've ever seen anyone ever change someone else's mind.
    And there's a good chance you never will. But this doesn't mean no one ever plays a part (or is intrumental) in someone changing their mind. By the way, there's a big difference between someone changing their own mind and someone working to change someone else's mind. The second way rarely works because changing one's mind is an act of self will... compliance can be forced, but it's nearly impossible to force a belief.

There are people in my past who were instrumental in me later changing my mind about positions I've held, but I can't think of one who was actually there to see it happen.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 07:23
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Beaver's dad and Ozzie Nelson both wore cardigans.

Proof positive.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 08:21
    Do you think sir the world would be a different place if cardigans could vote?

I often wonder this.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 08:26
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Do you think sir the world would be a different place if cardigans could vote?

I often wonder this.
    I don't know ... but I have some very Conservative socks and some underpants with Liberal tendencies.
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 12:14
    I don't know ... but I have some very Conservative socks and some underpants with Liberal tendencies.
    My socks are all from the 'Looney Left' (which invariably has me walking in circles believing I'm Napoleon).

My own concerns about cardigans having the vote is that it might lead to the political emancipation of tank tops.

*Apologies for the above post. I'm wearing socks.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 12:19
    The debates forum is especially futile. I don't think I've ever seen anyone ever change someone else's mind.
    When not in the in the entire 2 months you've been here?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 13:28
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    And there's a good chance you never will. But this doesn't mean no one ever plays a part (or is intrumental) in someone changing their mind. By the way, there's a big difference between someone changing their own mind and someone working to change someone else's mind. The second way rarely works because changing one's mind is an act of self will... compli ...[text shortened]... ind about positions I've held, but I can't think of one who was actually there to see it happen.
    Changing another's mind would require providing a sufficiently persuasive argument contrary to the position held by the other. And even if such an argument was made that was sufficiently persuasive enough to change another's mind that's no guarantee the other will change their mind.

I think most people's minds are not their own. A "mindset" is a skillfully crafted perspective held by the individual based on information and perception. The "mind" is too easily deceived by false information which skews perceptions of reality, hence the need for arguments sufficiently persuasive enough to "change a mind".

What makes it even more improbable that anyone here is capable of providing an argument sufficiently persuasive enough to change another's mind is the fact that no one posting in these forums is sufficiently equipped to do so.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 13:33
    I turned 18 earlier this month, and it has hit me how fast life is going, and it only gets faster from here...

According to an age calculator I am 570 million seconds old but it feels like nothing already.

My childhood is officially over. It's a scary thought that the springtime of my life is past.
    Life is short, any of us could go at any timmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm./'aef ga r
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 14:31
    Originally posted by whodey
    Life is short, any of us could go at any timmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm./'aef ga r
    whodey,

You are correct! It can happen in a split second. Here today gone tomorrow!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree