1. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    16 Jul '14 17:531 edit
    Originally posted by lolof
    🙂
    I guess my opening post wasn't exactly new to anyone but me. It has some wisdom though I think, but wasn't very entertaining perhaps.
  2. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    16 Jul '14 18:091 edit
    I guess my opening post wasn't exactly new to anyone but me. It has some wisdom though I think, but wasn't very entertaining perhaps.
    Nothing wrong with your opening post at all.It was the second post that spoilt your thread.
  3. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    16 Jul '14 18:14
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    Nothing wrong with your opening post at all.It was the second post that spoilt your thread.
    Humour has a lot to do with culture and language.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Jul '14 21:13
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I say it's breathing.
    Him breathing is way further down my list.

😀
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jul '14 21:321 edit
    Originally posted by lolof]A meteorology professor stood before his Meteorology 101 class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a very large and empty glass mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a jar of pebbles and poured th ...[text shortened]... to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers."
    "If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued..." lolof, we all have sand in our "jars" each of which is shaped like an hour glass: sand is trickling from the top to the bottom. Nice thread. I hope you'll start many more as ideas come to mind.
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    17 Jul '14 19:48
    People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used.-Unknown
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    17 Jul '14 20:22
    Live and let live...unless you're really hungry, then do what you have to do.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jul '14 21:121 edit
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    It didn't spoil it at all you drama queen, feel yer bum and be brought back to reality! If anything it emphasised its message!
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '14 21:57
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You say you disagree and then just re-state the professor's priority list. Trying to make it look like you have the higher priorities when they're exactly the same.
    No reply. Usual childishness.
  10. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    18 Jul '14 07:27
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used.-Unknown
    the good the bad and the ugly ,its a fine blurred lnie
  11. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    05 Aug '14 11:43
    "What ever you decide to do, make sure it makes you happy."
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '14 16:161 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I say it's breathing.
    ok yes yes...but apart from the breathing and general good health, the loving wife, the kids, the extended family group, charitable giving, peace on earth and good will to all mankind*

...what is really important is a Porsche.

*a nod to Cleese of course
  13. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 17:09
    "Be happy for no reason, like a child."
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 19:38
    "Be happy for no reason, like a child."
    Thumbs Up, lolof. The open mind, discovery focus, sense of whimsy and appreciations of a child are so easily lost.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 00:14
    Life philosophy
    Do not harm, deceive, coerce. Empathize. Be curious. Embrace doubt. Savour things. Always be growing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree