1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '15 01:37
    Originally posted by orangutan
    Deja-vu ... all over again ...

Which side of what?
    Please state what your metaphorical sand represents and just what it is that the line is supposed to be dividing - otherwise you're just asking "heads or tails?" without stating what the choices mean.
    "On the side of "civilization" (civility) because the alternative of reverting to jungle savagery at home, our neighborhoods and online is unthinkable . And you?

In actual as well as metaphorical terms, it's an either or universal, dichotomous proposition. Why? Because any human being attempting to straddle the "line in the sand" runs the risk of serious injury and/or incapacitation of vital organs in the nether region of the body commonly referred to as the "groin".(Page 1)
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '15 01:38
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    @Grampy Bobby
    "My left is weakened"

Hope it strengthens soon.
    Good news. Thanks.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '15 04:431 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "On the side of "civilization" (civility) because the alternative of reverting to jungle savagery at home, our neighborhoods and online is unthinkable . And you?

In actual as well as metaphorical terms, it's an either or universal, dichotomous proposition. Why? Because any human being attempting to straddle the "line in the sand" runs the risk of s ...[text shortened]... on of vital organs in the nether region of the body commonly referred to as the "groin".(Page 1)
    There is no "line in the sand". There may be a continuum going from savagery to civilization, but to suggest that there is a "line in the sand" somewhere along this continuum is a nonsensical and naive take on the reality of the human condition.

I think you probably already know this, and that [with this thread] you were simply seeking to toss the words "jungle savagery" out there, where it can hang sneerily in the air along with other words you've tossed out in recent weeks, like "psychotic jealousy", "fouled diapers", "stinking vomit", "pathological liars" ~ all aimed at people who are unimpressed by your chosen persona ~ words which form part of the vocabulary of the relentless and profoundly misanthropic 'Gold Standard' that your behaviour amounts to.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Dec '15 19:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    There is no "line in the sand". There may be a continuum going from savagery to civilization, but to suggest that there is a "line in the sand" somewhere along this continuum is a nonsensical and naive take on the reality of the human condition.

I think you probably already know this, and that [with this thread] you were simply seeking to toss the words "ju ...[text shortened]... ry of the relentless and profoundly misanthropic 'Gold Standard' that your behaviour amounts to.
    It's better than constantly "sneeringly" interrogating them.

Given the difference in your posting styles, his a little more inventive, yours a little more bland and "same old, same old", who really adds more to the forum?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '15 19:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Given the difference in your posting styles, his a little more inventive, yours a little more bland and "same old, same old", who really adds more to the forum?
    How could one possibly measure such a thing? And why would one want to?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '15 19:35
    It's better than constantly "sneeringly" interrogating them.
    Do you think there is a "line in the sand": on one side savagery, and on the other civilization? Or do you think it's a continuum going from, at one end, savagery, to the other, civilization?
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    16 Dec '15 22:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think there is a "line in the sand": on one side savagery, and on the other civilization? Or do you think it's a continuum going from, at one end, savagery, to the other, civilization?
    There really is a line in the sand. One side is Brooklyn, the other side is Queens. Forget about it.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 01:56
    "I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go." —Jeffrey McDaniel
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 04:28
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln
  10. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 05:34
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    There really is a line in the sand. One side is Brooklyn, the other side is Queens. Forget about it.
    C'mon now....
    It's "fuhgeddaboudit!"
    😉
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 05:35
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln
    or Mark Twain
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 05:36
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    C'mon now....
    It's "fuhgeddaboudit!"
    😉
    That too.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 07:10
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    or Mark Twain
    or Maurice Switzer apparently!

http://www.bestquotes4ever.com/authors/maurice-switzer-quotes
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 12:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    How could one possibly measure such a thing? And why would one want to?
    You don't have to measure it, nor did I imply that one should. It's quite obvious, at least to anyone who is not you.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 12:21
    You don't have to measure it, nor did I imply that one should. It's quite obvious, at least to anyone who is not you.
    You asked "who really adds more to the forum?" Seeing as this involves calculating whether there is "more" [or 'less'] of something, then unless you have some way of measuring it, all you are saying is that you prefer someone else's posting to mine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree