"line in the sand"

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
14 Dec 15
2 edits

Originally posted by GHOST HUNTER
i find it a strange word to use, you make it sound sinister, perhaps English is not you"re native tongue?
The only "motive" should be the merit of the post, not previous history
One would think but retrospective trolls like FMF like to cast elements up from the past so as to either discredit or humiliate people. Its how he gets his kicks, humiliating people. Creepy I know but what are we to expect from someone who likes to figuratively scourge people. Its really a form of on-line sadism I think, the only way he feels alive is by inflicting pain on others.

GH

Moves
14 Dec 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
One would think but retrospective trolls like FMF like to cast elements up from the past so as to either discredit or humiliate people. Its how he gets his kicks, humiliating people. Creepy I know but what are we to expect from someone who likes to figuratively scourge people.
There does seem to be a few "Alpha male" posters on here, not interested in the point of view of any one else.
Its a wonder they can find their thumbs from their dragging knuckles

F

Moves
14 Dec 15

There does seem to be a few "Alpha male" posters on here, not interested in the point of view of any one else.
Its a wonder they can find their thumbs from their dragging knuckles
So you speculate that "Alpha males" give thumbs up, or thumbs down, or do not use the thumbs feature?

F

Moves
14 Dec 15

A huge difference
if an unpopular poster makes an interesting post, it will be hidden by the "pack" maybe some just read the recommended post section. it seems to be like "tactical voting" in a general election to me
How could the number of thumbs down cause a post to be "hidden"? Do you yourself not read posts that have received some thumbs down?

Moves
14 Dec 15

Originally posted by HandyAndy
[b]We don't want you killed, Bobby. b]
Speak for yourself.

F

Moves
14 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
One would think but retrospective trolls like FMF like to cast elements up from the past so as to either discredit or humiliate people. Its how he gets his kicks, humiliating people. Creepy I know but what are we to expect from someone who likes to figuratively scourge people. Its really a form of on-line sadism I think, the only way he feels alive is by inflicting pain on others.
As for me, I stand by ~ that is I take full personal responsibility for ~ everything I've ever posted. If my views have changed, I am perfectly willing to say so. If I made an error, I am happy to correct it or apologize if appropriate.

GH

Moves
14 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
How could the number of thumbs down cause a post to be "hidden"? Do you yourself [b]not read posts that have received some thumbs down?[/b]
i can READ just fine, so can you obviously, the difference is i can understand,
if posts are thumbed down they do not make it to the "recommended posts" section, if members are having a quick look, an interesting post could be unfairly "hidden"
Just ask if you"re still confused

GH

Moves
14 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
So you speculate that "Alpha males" give thumbs up, or thumbs down, or do not use the thumbs feature?
No the Alpha males are normally argumentative individuals who sadly lack the intelligence of creating anything. just interested in putting down other creative posters. like GB.

when beaten by facts they normally join a pack, or turn to personal insults. most are thumbs downers or glass half empty types

F

Moves
14 Dec 15

i can [b]READ just fine, so can you obviously, the difference is i can understand,
if posts are thumbed down they do not make it to the "recommended posts" section, if members are having a quick look, an interesting post could be unfairly "hidden"
Just ask if you"re still confused
So what if posts with a lot of thumbs up make it to the "recommended posts" section? How does posts making it to the "recommended posts" section result in posts in the forums (i.e. those that don't get thumbs up) getting "hidden"?

F

Moves
14 Dec 15

No the Alpha males are normally argumentative individuals who sadly lack the intelligence of creating anything. just interested in putting down other creative posters. like GB.
But on page 52 of the "Internet Trolls" thread, Grampy Bobby was clearly identifying himself as an "Alpha male". Are you really saying that "Alpha males" are "argumentative individuals who sadly lack the intelligence of creating anything"?

GH

Moves
14 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
So what if posts with a lot of thumbs up make it to the "recommended posts" section? How does posts making it to the "recommended posts" section result in posts in the forums (i.e. those that don't get thumbs up) getting "hidden"?
i am really struggling to figure out why you can"t understand.
i posted maybe some members might have a quick look at the forums, might just go to recommended posts, perhaps an interesting post will be missed, if say an unpopular member has posted it.then gets hit with the usual thumbs down
"hidden" as in not easy to find, not in plain sight
i trust you finally understand the meaning of hidden

GH

Moves
14 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
But on page 52 of the "Internet Trolls" thread, Grampy Bobby was clearly identifying [b]himself as an "Alpha male". Are you really saying that "Alpha males" are "argumentative individuals who sadly lack the intelligence of creating anything"?[/b]
i just read page 52, can"t see a post where GB calls himself an alpha male, plenty abuse in his direction, members calling him a pervert, not nice or mature

F

Moves
14 Dec 15

i just read page 52, can"t see a post where GB calls himself an alpha male, plenty abuse in his direction, members calling him a pervert, not nice or mature
How many people did you think were calling him a pervert? I can only see Seitse doing it.

rc

Moves
14 Dec 15
2 edits

It constitutes nothing less than slanderous defamation of character. Its much more sinister than merely making fun of people. Thats how I perceive it, sinister and creepy.

F

Moves
14 Dec 15
1 edit

i just read page 52, can"t see a post where GB calls himself an alpha male
Yes, I should have said page 54, sorry.

Would you say your definition of "Alpha male" is different from Grampy Bobby's?