1. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 14:39
    @yo-its-me said
    Oh bless you
    Thats the nice thing about parents with unruly kids. They have nobody to blame but themselves. lol .. love it. The lockdown in a God-send for teachers and the general public that had to face the results of your failure as a parent. Now you are stuck all alone with them. Deal with it. I hope also you learn something.
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 14:41
    @rajk999 said
    Thats the nice thing about parents with unruly kids. They have nobody to blame but themselves. lol .. love it. The lockdown in a God-send for teachers and the general public that had to face the results of your failure as a parent. Now you are stuck all alone with them. Deal with it. I hope also you learn something.
    You're so sweet to point this out to me dear.
    Your halo is shinning.
    You sweetie 😀
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 14:46
    @yo-its-me said
    You're so sweet to point this out to me dear.
    Your halo is shinning.
    You sweetie 😀
    Thank you. I know you mean it. It is only a fool that loves to hear the lies they want to hear. I know you are a smart person that prefer the hurtful truth than a comforting lie.
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 14:53
    @rajk999 said
    Thank you. I know you mean it. It is only a fool that loves to hear the lies they want to hear. I know you are a smart person that prefer the hurtful truth than a comforting lie.
    Quite, it takes one to know one.
    You'll have kids one day yourself, I wouldn't wonder, and you'll see a reflection of yourself in them. It's something wonderful to behold. Most amazing thing that's ever happened to me for sure. It's a real pleasure watching your children grow and take thier place in the world.
    I have grown up children and toddlers. It's an exciting time.
    Enjoy it when it happens to you!
  5. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 14:59
    @yo-its-me said
    I'm sure this happens when not in lockdown. But working from home, it's like this:
    They're fighting over a dressing up cape
    The older one won, he's happy.
    He no longer wants the cape and throws it on the floor
    Younger one seizes their opportunity and grabs it
    Now older one wants it again...

How dose anyone get any work done? I mean really!! I guess not playing chess probably helps....
    You should take the cape and wear it proudly. You’ve earned it.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 15:13
    @yo-its-me said
    Quite, it takes one to know one.
    You'll have kids one day yourself, I wouldn't wonder, and you'll see a reflection of yourself in them. It's something wonderful to behold. Most amazing thing that's ever happened to me for sure. It's a real pleasure watching your children grow and take thier place in the world.
    I have grown up children and toddlers. It's an exciting time.
    Enjoy it when it happens to you!
    What a lame cliché ... it takes one to know one. One day I will have kids ? I have two, 37 and 7. Was a teacher for 13 yrs of my career as well so I know of the horrors of dealing with incompetent parents. Take some good advice, if you have unruly kids, fix it when they are young because when they grow into teens its too late, and the only place they will take in the world will be in the local jail.
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 15:14
    I remember a special place that burned off a great deal of my built-up energy as a child. It was a very nice place called "OUTDOORS". Just saying..... 🙂
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 15:261 edit
    @rajk999 said
    That's not entirely fair. Teachers may have a whole classroom of kids, but they are at work. If you gave a teacher a couple of kids, but have the teacher earn a living in some other manner as these parents do, they would be just as unruly. Its near impossible to do both things ( teach and work ) with significant effectiveness.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 15:291 edit
    @mwmiller said
    I remember a special place that burned off a great deal of my built-up energy as a child. It was a very nice place called "OUTDOORS". Just saying..... 🙂
    So true, we were always outside when we were kids playing games climbing trees, going swimming, playing baseball, ice hockey, ball hockey, soccer, football, basketball, tennis, volleyball at the beach was a lot of fun. Only time we were inside was for meals or when it was raining too hard to go out. Snowstorms we would be out playing in.

-VR
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 15:30
    @very-rusty said
    So true, we were always outside when we were kids playing games climbing trees, going swimming, playing baseball, ice hockey, ball hockey, soccer, football, basketball, tennis, volleyball at the beach was a lot of fun. Only time we were inside was for meals or when it was raining too hard to go out. Snowstorms we would be out playing in.

-VR
    No snow presently...just cold and grey here.
  11. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 15:42
    @rajk999 said
    What a lame cliché ... it takes one to know one. One day I will have kids ? I have two, 37 and 7. Was a teacher for 13 yrs of my career as well so I know of the horrors of dealing with incompetent parents. Take some good advice, if you have unruly kids, fix it when they are young because when they grow into teens its too late, and the only place they will take in the world will be in the local jail.
    What's worked for me when my teens had something they needed to say, was to let them have the last word.
    So go ahead.
  12. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 15:43
    @mwmiller said
    That's what's so difficult about lockdown in the UK.
  13. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 15:56
    @yo-its-me said
    That's what's so difficult about lockdown in the UK.
    Do you have duct tape in the UK? (As a last resort, or course...)
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 16:081 edit
    @mwmiller said
    Absolutely correct ... Outside - playing, swinging, running football, cricket outdoor games. This childhood + smart parents = personality and character for the kids later on. A lot of parents have fallen into the technology trap. Give the kids a tablet and internet access and they will be quiet. Ifs a recipe for failure.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 16:11
    @yo-its-me said
    What's worked for me when my teens had something they needed to say, was to let them have the last word.
    So go ahead.
    I already said it. But you wont listen to me. Its like kids failing in school and the teacher gives them a gold star for attendance. Its BS, it encouraging failure, but if you like to learn the hard way then go ahead 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree