General Forum

General Forum

1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 19:21
    @mwmiller said
    I remember a special place that burned off a great deal of my built-up energy as a child. It was a very nice place called "OUTDOORS". Just saying..... ๐Ÿ™‚
    It's amazing when you compare your childhood to that of kids today, I'm not talking about kids in lockdown just in general. I used to practically live outside then you would hear your name being shouted to go in and eat and then head back out again if it was still clear. I see it with my nephews, all but one of them would rather stay inside and look at a screen than go out, it's really sad.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Hero of the Masses
    London
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 21:20
    @trev33 said
    It's amazing when you compare your childhood to that of kids today, I'm not talking about kids in lockdown just in general. I used to practically live outside then you would hear your name being shouted to go in and eat and then head back out again if it was still clear. I see it with my nephews, all but one of them would rather stay inside and look at a screen than go out, it's really sad.
    I spent half my childhood up a tree.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 21:31
    @yo-its-me said
    Na, it's good to learn to share.
    Any anyway where would that leave us!?
    we'd have double everything, there'd be no room for running around ๐Ÿ˜€
    Teach them to take turns, use a kitchen timer if necessary to establish a framework.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 21:32
    @rajk999 said
    Thats the nice thing about parents with unruly kids. They have nobody to blame but themselves. lol .. love it. The lockdown in a God-send for teachers and the general public that had to face the results of your failure as a parent. Now you are stuck all alone with them. Deal with it. I hope also you learn something.
    Parents do not raise children. It is the parents who grow up by this process. Their kids grow up later.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 21:36
    @moonbus said
    Parents do not raise children. It is the parents who grow up by this process. Their kids grow up later.
    You know you just might have something there! ๐Ÿ˜‰

-VR
  6. SubscriberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 22:15
    @moonbus said
    It goes without saying that learning and growing up is a lifelong process, for some.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 22:17
    @rajk999 said
    It goes without saying that learning and growing up is a lifelong process, for some.
    I would say for all of us.

-VR
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Jan '21 21:29
    Oh, one more thing. Insanity is hereditary.

You get it from your kids.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Hero of the Masses
    London
    Moves
    31 Jan '21 21:38
    @moonbus said

Mine came from eating talc.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Jan '21 21:41
    @moonbus said

LOL@ moonbus......You could possibly be correct on that one!

-VR
  11. New York
    Moves
    31 Jan '21 21:51
    Surely its not easy to work from home, especially when you have children to deal with. I have been working from home for about three months and with my two kids "One eight year old boy and other 5 year old girl", I am having real issues doing my work with full attention. Not only with my work I was having issues playing my games as well because my kids don't go to bed unless I go to bed as well because they don't have to go to schools in the morning so they can afford to go to bed even after midnight. I am currently playing cyberpunk 2077 and there are many issues with the game but thanks to websites like psychosquad.com I got solutions for most of the problems but I didn't find any solution on any website on how to handle my kids while playing the game or doing my work ๐Ÿ™‚
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '21 03:37
    @dominic3 said
    Surely its not easy to work from home, especially when you have children to deal with. I have been working from home for about three months and with my two kids "One eight year old boy and other 5 year old girl", I am having real issues doing my work with full attention. Not only with my work I was having issues playing my games as well because my kids don't go to bed unless ...[text shortened]... find any solution on any website on how to handle my kids while playing the game or doing my work ๐Ÿ™‚
    Ever considered drugging them?
  13. Subscriberdivegeester
    violent delights
    have violent ends
    Moves
    01 Feb '21 06:57
    @trev33 said
    Ever considered drugging them?
    I think parents are developing a new found depth of respect for teachers.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Feb '21 07:24
    @yo-its-me
    I gather you don't have a den or mancave.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    01 Feb '21 08:35
    @divegeester said
    I think parents are developing a new found depth of respect for teachers.
    Children do not need school holidays. It's the teachers who need them. To recover.