lol

lol

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jul 13

lol

This may or may not sound silly but the use of "lol" is so pervasive on the internet that it's stimulated my curiosity to ask: has anyone here ever said, "lol" to mean "laughing out loud", "lots of luck" or "lots of love" in person or on the phone? lol

Z

Moves
30 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
lol

This may or may not sound silly but the use of "lol" is so pervasive on the internet that it's stimulated my curiosity to ask: has anyone here ever said, "lol" to mean "laughing out loud", "lots of luck" or "lots of love" in person or on the phone? lol
I have when mocking/mimicking an airheaded teenager.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Jul 13

[b]lol

This may or may not sound silly but the use of "lol" is so pervasive on the internet that it's stimulated my curiosity to ask: has anyone here ever said, "lol" to mean "laughing out loud", "lots of luck" or "lots of love" in person or on the phone? lol[/b]
There's no reason to use "lol" when people are listening to you. It's obvious if you are laughing "out loud".

On the internet, no one can hear you scream.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
30 Jul 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
There's no reason to use "lol" when people are listening to you. It's obvious if you are laughing "out loud".

BUT CAPS LOCK = YELLING!!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jul 13

Originally posted by Suzianne

... hand or head gestures?

Australia

Moves
31 Jul 13

I've never used "lol" in any place and I never will. To me it's just bubblegum.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Kewpie

I've never used "lol" in any place and I never will. To me it's just bubblegum.
Excellent metaphor!

lol's (regardless of their colour) would lose their flavor after being chomped on for awhile. It would, also, become quite an arduous task to stick an lol on your bedpost in the middle of an interesting sequence of a dream with sound. Imagine the desperation of some poor bloke attempting to make an emergency repair on the road by flares at midnight with an lol.

Thanks.

Read a book!

Moves
31 Jul 13

lol's (regardless of their colour) would lose their flavor...
Colour? Flavor?

If you're sucking up to the Brits, Bobby, you have to be more consistent.

Australia

Moves
31 Jul 13

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Colour? Flavor?

It's not the Brits, it's the "everybodybuttheAmericanswhydon'ttheygetinlinewiththerestoftheworld" people. 😀

Read a book!

Moves
31 Jul 13

It's not the Brits, it's the "everybodybuttheAmericanswhydon'ttheygetinlinewiththerestoftheworld" people. 😀
But the world belongs to us! 😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Jul 13

"It's not the Brits, it's the "everybodybuttheAmericanswhydon'ttheygetinlinewiththerestoftheworld" people." lol

I think the point of "bubblegum and lols" IS IS that this is a metaphor with teeth.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Jul 13

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Colour? Flavor?

... ok.

Moves
31 Jul 13

... ok.
*LOL*

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
31 Jul 13

[b]lol

This may or may not sound silly but the use of "lol" is so pervasive on the internet that it's stimulated my curiosity to ask: has anyone here ever said, "lol" to mean "laughing out loud", "lots of luck" or "lots of love" in person or on the phone? lol[/b]
abbreviations are for the net
saying them out loud is silly
unless it is for satire against nerds, and/or preteens

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Jul 13
5 edits

Factoid 1): many words are the children and grandchildren and nephews and nieces of mister lol and his lovely bride, lols. Space allows only a truncated portion of their family tree: lolocopter, lolar skates, lolar eclipse, lolcano, lolcanic eruption, lollopops... Factoid 2): mister lol and his lovely bride, lols were lolmates from day one. (lolume one)