London Meetup July 2006

London Meetup July 2006

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

silicon valley

Moves
09 Jun 06

do tourists pay congestion charge?

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
09 Jun 06

are we still on july 29?

London

Moves
01 Jul 06
1 edit

There's a pub 2 mins walk from the Chess & Bridge Centre on Euston Road that is chess friendly and has hosted chess events before. I don't know if it's big enough but it's good for Euston/Kings Cross rail and the underground. It's also good for the Chess & Bridge centre where you can satiate your chess book fantasies (if you have them) and spend £300 on a smart chess set...😛 If anyone wants to follow it up chess & bridge ltd are: www.chess.co.uk or email:info@chess.co.uk

Moves
15 Jul 06

Originally posted by Mahout
It's also good for the Chess & Bridge centre where you can satiate your chess book fantasies (if you have them)
Unfortunately these fools send me three spam per week, even though I have asked them not to. I bought something from them once, but did not give them my email address. If I ever find out who did, there will be hell to pay.

Damned if they are getting any more of my money. Plus I get to give them free bad publicity every time someone mentions them - It's not slander if it is true.

Gezza

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
15 Jul 06

If James doesn't pull his finger out....😠

The last meet was held in the Wargrave Arms off the Edgeware Road, near Marble Arch. It is a 10 minute walk (max) from the tube station. The pub has a local chess team who leave their sets there, and we used them last time. Please, Please sign here if you intend to come so that some tables can be booked off for us. I'll message everyone who has posted in here to let them know.

OD

Hoagy's Alley

Moves
15 Jul 06

i would like to come, having missed the last one, but there's a danger i'll be in edinburgh, so can't be relied on, sorry.

mcdibble

TSP
HIT THE LIGHTS

Moves
15 Jul 06

I'll be there (as long as you make sure I'll have enough pawns to play with, LOL) ... Hope its a good day for it !!

TSP

Sais

Berks.

Moves
15 Jul 06

Still up for it.

Although is Euston within walking distance of Paddington?

S

Moves
15 Jul 06

I'll be there under duress, or is that in a dress? I'm not sure...

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
15 Jul 06

Originally posted by Peakite
Still up for it.

negative

but bus 205 will do the business in half an hour (or a tube for 15 minutes but then you have to go downstairs)

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
15 Jul 06

Originally posted by Peakite
Still up for it.

Is it being held in euston? 😕 I assumed we would be going to the same place as last year?

MH

Moves
16 Jul 06

It seems like I might have to miss this year as I'm out of London from 21st July until 5th August. I heartily recommend the idea of meeting up for chess and beer to anyone wavering, though. Have fun, and count me in if the date settled on is after Aug 5th.

b
Lisa

Moves
16 Jul 06

Originally posted by Matt Hortin
It seems like I might have to miss this year as I'm out of London from 21st July until 5th August. I heartily recommend the idea of meeting up for chess and beer to anyone wavering, though. Have fun, and count me in if the date settled on is after Aug 5th.
I'm away for the same dates (although of course not with Matt), lol. Sorry I can't make it this time.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
16 Jul 06

It all depends when it is.

g
Mad Murdock

I forgot

Moves
16 Jul 06

Originally posted by shavixmir
It all depends when it is.
That's the only thing I know so far. It is on 29th July.

I will probably come (from the North), but I need information where it is, how to go there and where I can sleep nearby.