1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 20:59
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Are time wins automatic in OTB tournaments? Or do they still need to be claimed? (Rhetorical question).

Wins on time need to be claimed. If you are not looking for a rule change, then you need to go with that. (Some sites out there do have automatic time losses after a given period to stop delays in tournaments and the like).
    I think the issue for Russ is that unclaimed timeouts clutter up his server by wasting memory. I don't see any issue for the players. I let two games go on for about a year before timing them out, just to be sure the other player had not made any other moves at RHP.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 12:31
    @moonbus said
    I think the issue for Russ is that unclaimed timeouts clutter up his server by wasting memory. I don't see any issue for the players. I let two games go on for about a year before timing them out, just to be sure the other player had not made any other moves at RHP.
    I'm in a game that was started 2 years and a week today. My opponent has a tendency to travel a lot and moves somewhat infrequently but then he is, after all, Irish and they are known for their lackadaisical attitudes/ways. πŸ€” 😲 πŸ˜‰
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 12:34
    Unfinished games are periodically cleaned up. (deleted) If a player is inactive, and their opponent isn't inclined to take the timeout, it is a candidate for being removed.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 12:36
    @russ said
    Unfinished games are periodically cleaned up. (deleted) If a player is inactive, and their opponent isn't inclined to take the timeout, it is a candidate for being removed.
    OK, now that makes perfect sense. My opponent and I are in contact in PMs and other ways.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 12:37
    @russ said
    Thanks, just reminded me to check and see if I have any skulls to take! πŸ˜‰

-VR
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 13:06
    @very-rusty said
    Thanks, just reminded me to check and see if I have any skulls to take! πŸ˜‰

-VR
    It would be good for you to get a few wins.

😲
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 13:08
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It would be good for you to get a few wins.

😲
    LOL@ goad, it would be good for you to play a few games....Let me know when you catch up in the amount of games played to skulls I've taken!!! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 13:15
    @very-rusty said
    LOL@ goad, it would be good for you to play a few games....Let me know when you catch up in the amount of games played to skulls I've taken!!! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR
    As a general rule, I tend not to gloat about time wins.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 15:01
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    As a general rule, I tend not to gloat about time wins.
    Which is just fine in your case as you wouldn't have much to gloat about anyways!!! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree