General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    30 Aug '15 10:22
    Missile
    noun:
    an object which is forcibly propelled at a target, either
    by hand or from a mechanical weapon.

    Synonyms: weapon (noun)
    Bilbo, Browning, Colt, Remington, Sidewinder, Winchester,
    ammunition, armament, arrow, artillery, axe, battery, bayonet,
    bazooka, blowgun, blowpipe, blunderbuss, bomber, boomerang,
    bow and arrow, broadsword, bullet, cannon, carbine, claymore,
    club, cutlass, dagger, firearm, flamethrower, gun, handgun,
    heater, howitzer, javelin, knife, lance, luger, mace, machete,
    machine gun, mortar, musket, muzzle, ordnance, peashooter,
    piece, pistol, rapier, repeater, revolver, rifle, rocket, sabre,
    scimitar, shell, shooter, shotgun, spear, stiletto, sword,
    torpedo, trigger, weapon, weaponry.

    Anus
    noun
    GB


    If you happen to come across definitions worth keeping and you're not sure where to store them, surprise us all by placing them here.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    30 Aug '15 10:56
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Anus
    noun
    GB
    tee hee
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    30 Aug '15 12:093 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Missile
    noun:
    an object which is forcibly propelled at a target, either
    by hand or from a mechanical weapon.

    Synonyms: weapon (noun)
    Bilbo, Browning, Colt, Remington, Sidewinder, Winchester,
    ammunition, armament, arrow, artillery, axe, battery, bayonet,
    bazooka, blowgun, blowpipe, blunderbuss, bomber, boomerang,
    bow and arrow, broadswo ...[text shortened]... nitions worth keeping and you're not sure where to store them, surprise us all by placing them here.
    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." ~Charles Caleb Colton [His "Biography: Author Profession: Writer;
    Nationality: English; Born: 1780; Died: 1832" Google Brainy Quotes] Useful thread, wolfgang. Thumbs Up!
    Postscript: Here's "Missile anus"' twin brother in the USA: "Miscellaneous" Thread 165329
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    30 Aug '15 14:57
    The joke was that he called you an anus, GB.

    I suppose this is what passes for clever on the GF these days.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    30 Aug '15 15:51
    Originally posted by Red Night
    The joke was that he called you an anus, GB.

    I suppose this is what passes for clever on the GF these days.
    Specifically, a 'royal pain in the arse'.
    Hey, Red, when life hands you a lemon...
    Suum Cuique lol
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35770
    30 Aug '15 20:30
    Originally posted by Red Night
    The joke was that he called you an anus, GB.

    I suppose this is what passes for clever on the GF these days.
    What is the matter, Red? Not enough people bad-mouthed you when you were here before that you had to come back and get a whole new lot bad-mouthing you again?

    You talk a lot about people too stupid to learn from their mistakes, and yet you come back here for more.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    02 Sep '15 04:46
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Missile
    noun:
    an object which is forcibly propelled at a target, either
    by hand or from a mechanical weapon.

    Synonyms: weapon (noun)
    Bilbo, Browning, Colt, Remington, Sidewinder, Winchester,
    ammunition, armament, arrow, artillery, axe, battery, bayonet,
    bazooka, blowgun, blowpipe, blunderbuss, bomber, boomerang,
    bow and arrow, broadswo ...[text shortened]... nitions worth keeping and you're not sure where to store them, surprise us all by placing them here.
    "incivility: noun in·ci·vil·i·ty \ˌin(t)-sə-ˈvi-lə-tē\

    : a rude or impolite attitude or behavior : lack of civility

    : a rude or impolite act" (Merriam Webster)
  8. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    02 Sep '15 05:45
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"incivility: noun in·ci·vil·i·ty \ˌin(t)-sə-ˈvi-lə-tē\

    : a rude or impolite attitude or behavior : lack of civility

    : a rude or impolite act" (Merriam Webster)[/b]
    Here you are, yet again, wittering on pompously about "civility" and yet you have admitted to trolling the Spirituality Forum (and have been called out on it numerous times) and you're always handing out reprimands about this that and the other - but only to people you have differences with or who have asked you questions or made comments you are unable to answer. Talking of "civility", do you really think divegeester deserves a forum ban for that joke he made on the other thread?
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    02 Sep '15 06:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Here you are, yet again, wittering on pompously about "civility" and yet you have admitted to trolling the Spirituality Forum (and have been called out on it numerous times) and you're always handing out reprimands about this that and the other - but only to people you have differences with or who have asked you questions or made comments you are unable to answe ...[text shortened]... do you really think divegeester deserves a forum ban for that joke he made on the other thread?
    Sssshhh, he's pioneering and unafraid.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    02 Sep '15 23:42
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Sssshhh, he's pioneering and unafraid.
    @Seitse "I am, basically, the chosen one."

    Cool.
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    03 Sep '15 05:48
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Cool.
    Using that term after the age of 60 is very, very uncool.
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    03 Sep '15 06:08
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Using that term after the age of 60 is very, very uncool.
    Wo... bummer, man.

    not groovy
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    03 Sep '15 06:33
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Wo... bummer, man.

    not groovy
    Totally not kosher, homie.
  14. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    03 Sep '15 06:50
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Totally not kosher, homie.
    Write on, homely...

    farm out
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    03 Sep '15 10:14
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Using that term after the age of 60 is very, very uncool.
    True enough, except when you're speaking with a much younger person in order to overcome the possibility of a language barrier.
Back to Top