1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 00:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    But no one has claimed there is "nothing to see here" and no one has suggested that what has happened in Chicago is "more right wing lies". You are fabricating stuff, whodey.
    I said it, weren't you listening?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 01:08
    Originally posted by whodey
    I said it, weren't you listening?
    I suggest you keep your poisonous, dissembling, U.S. retail politics, post-truth antics for the Debates Forum. 🙂
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 01:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    I suggest you keep your poisonous, dissembling, U.S. retail politics, post-truth antics for the Debates Forum. 🙂
    You first.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 01:36
    FMF: I suggest you keep your poisonous, dissembling, U.S. retail politics, post-truth antics for the Debates Forum.

You first.
    Agreed. I'll see you there when such topics arise and I deem them to warrant a response from me. In the meantime, you and I can spare this forum any of the dissembling nonsense that you offered this thread ~ or anything similar. Deal?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 03:39
    There's a dissembler on the loose in this thread and it ain't whodey.
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 04:03
    Originally posted by josephw
    There's a dissembler on the loose in this thread and it ain't whodey.
    Is it you, Joe?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 04:321 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Is it you, Joe?
    Perhaps josephw sincerely thinks that the recent events in Chicago never made it into the news. Although there were more than 15,000 civilians who died violent deaths in Iraq in 2016, perhaps josephw sincerely thinks that were there more than that killed in Chicago in 2016. Maybe josephw actually thinks that a third of the population of Chicago died. Perhaps josephw sincerely thinks that people who whodey sees as his 'opponents' are actually going around saying that what has happened in Chicago is "more right wing lies". Perhaps josephw sincerely thinks that whodey isn't dissembling.
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 08:16
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    And now Carrie Fisher
    I remember her from the film 'When Harry met Sally' - she had a supporting role as Marie.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 12:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps josephw sincerely thinks that the recent events in Chicago never made it into the news. Although there were more than 15,000 civilians who died violent deaths in Iraq in 2016, perhaps josephw sincerely thinks that were there more than that killed in Chicago in 2016. Maybe josephw actually thinks that a third of the population of Chicago died. Perhaps jo ...[text shortened]... icago is "more right wing lies". Perhaps josephw sincerely thinks that whodey isn't dissembling.
    It may have made some news but by in large people don't seem to dwell on it as they do other stories where less loss of life occurs, nor do you ever hear Obama express concern over the deaths in Chicago.

Why is that?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 13:03
    It may have made some news but by in large people don't seem to dwell on it as they do other stories where less loss of life occurs, nor do you ever hear Obama express concern over the deaths in Chicago.

Why is that?
    Let me guess... because he's a Muslim Kenyan?
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 13:07
    Chicago had more people shot than in Iraq last year.

Crazy, huh?
    Would you like to link us to your sources? This seems to be highly unlikely given the ongoing war in Iraq.
    Statista puts the civilian death in Iraq due to the war at 16.100 in 2016.
    The number for fighters is most probably significantly higher.

A third of the chigaco populace would be roughly 900000 people or about 3% of US citizens...hardly believable that that number would have been undetected und not covered by the media. About each person in the US would know at least some person who would have lost someone...
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 13:081 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Let me guess... because he's a Muslim Kenyan?
    Spoken like a true Progressive.

Yep, you got me there, it's all because of Obama's race, unless you are talking about an Uncle Tom like Ben Carson.

Tell me, do you think that racism can be overcome through education? If so, explain one of the most educated minds at the beginning of the 20th century in Margaret Sanger who said this:

"We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with
    social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most
    successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal.
    We don't want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro
    population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if
    it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."
    -- Margaret Sanger's December 19, 1939 letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble, 255
    Adams Street, Milton, Massachusetts. Original source: Sophia Smith
    Collection, Smith College, North Hampton, Massachusetts. Also described in
    Linda Gordon's Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth
    Control in America . New York: Grossman Publishers, 1976.
    "Our failure to segregate morons who are increasing and multiplying

Or what of the scientific god Darwin who said this?

“It has been asserted that the ear of man alone possesses a lobule; but ‘a rudiment of it is found in the gorilla’ and, as I hear from Prof. Preyer, it is not rarely absent in the negro.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 13:12
    Spoken like a true Progressive.
    Huh? Spoken like Eladar and checkbaiter and FreakyKBH and others, surely? You've never tackled them on it.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 13:151 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Would you like to link us to your sources? This seems to be highly unlikely given the ongoing war in Iraq.
    Statista puts the civilian death in Iraq due to the war at 16.100 in 2016.
    The number for fighters is most probably significantly higher.

A third of the chigaco populace would be roughly 900000 people or about 3% of US citizens...hardly believab ...[text shortened]... ia. About each person in the US would know at least some person who would have lost someone...
    4340 shooting victims in Chicago this year, and we have a few more days to go.

http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings/

In Iraq, it depends on the year. In 2011 Iraq had less civilian deaths due to violence with a little over 4100.

.https://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 13:22
    4340 shooting victims in Chicago this year, and we have a few more days to go.
    How is that "about a third of the population of Chicago during Christmas"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree