1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 13:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    4340 shooting victims in Chicago this year, and we have a few more days to go.
    4,340 shot dead?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 13:282 edits
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Would you like to link us to your sources? This seems to be highly unlikely given the ongoing war in Iraq.
    Statista puts the civilian death in Iraq due to the war at 16.100 in 2016.
    The number for fighters is most probably significantly higher.

A third of the chigaco populace would be roughly 900000 people or about 3% of US citizens...hardly believab ...[text shortened]... ia. About each person in the US would know at least some person who would have lost someone...
    The BBC did a documentary on the violence in Chicago.

http://chicagoist.com/2016/09/07/the_bbc_made_a_mini_doc_on_violence.php

In fact, there are a lot of similarities to life in certain parts of Chicago as there are in places like Syria. For example, when "trouble starts', people learn to scatter quickly. There is also an understanding of where to travel and where not to travel in terms of where gang wars are currently taking place. That means if you are a mailman, you need to keep up to date as to what gang is attacking on what streets, or lose your life.

Of course, in the US this is a political football because Chicago is the heart and sole of Progressivism. That is why you only seem to see foreign documentaries on it and none from places like CNN. Men like Obama come from Chicago, which I think is why you never hear him utter one thing about it. Instead, he spends his time talking about whitey shooting only one black man in Ferguson cuz it is politically expedient to do so.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 13:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    4,340 shot dead?
    My bad, about half did not have very good aim.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 13:39
    The bottom line is, Progressives don't care about black on black crime. In fact, I believe they are still the racists that Margaret Sanger was. They secretly hope that blacks kill themselves off cuz they are genetically inferior.

The abortionist Dr. Gosnell is another prime example. He was an abortion doctor in the 1970's who was found to have multiple health violations. But instead of making him fix them or closing him down, they simply stopped coming round to observe him because in the mind of a Progressive, any limitations on abortion is a threat to decreasing the number of abortions, and doctor Gosnell served mostly a poor minority neighborhood. In fact, Dr. Gosnell would treat minority women far worse because they were typically less capable of coming after him legally. He would intentionally cause more pain to women who opted for lower cost care because they could not afford it. To make a long story short, his mistreatment of women and full term infants went on for decades as he became the biggest mass murderer in US history.

There was a film done about it but unfortunately, it was too controversial for Hollywood to embrace so the movie was a low budget film you will have some trouble in finding. After all, Hollywood is merely a political extension of the DNC so they must toe the party line and ban such films.

Meanwhile, Hollywood has no trouble in producing controversial films like the Last Temptation of Christ which had many Christians up in arms because they thought it blasphemous.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 13:40
    FMF: Let me guess... because he's a Muslim Kenyan?

Spoken like a true Progressive.
    BUMP

Huh? Spoken like Eladar and checkbaiter and FreakyKBH and others, surely? You've never tackled them on it.
    ReplyReply & QuoteEdit
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 13:41
    So how is that "about a third of the population of Chicago" in the last week or two alone?
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 14:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    So how is that "about a third of the population of Chicago" in the last week or two alone?
    FMF,

Welcome to the General Forum, Topics can change even in the same thread several times!

-VR
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 19:52
    Michu Meszaros, the guy playing ALf dies...seems like the 2016 orbituaries are not over yet.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 20:15
    Chicago had more people shot than in Iraq last year.

Crazy, huh?
    But I thought Black Lives DON'T Matter to conservatives? Why do they care how many people die in Chicago? Aren't most of them black? They sure as hell don't care how many get gunned down by cops.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 20:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But I thought Black Lives DON'T Matter to conservatives? Why do they care how many people die in Chicago? Aren't most of them black? They sure as hell don't care how many get gunned down by cops.
    Suz,

I've heard some say the Police don't even care about the blacks killing each other!!! There are a lot of gangs from what I hear, so they don't mind seeing them kill each other off.

It really is a terrible situation. Someone should be looking into it!!!

-VR
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 12:50
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Who are these "conservative"?

Perhaps I should talk to their leader and ask them.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 20:15
    Peter Sarstedt. 75.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 20:29
    RIP Vern Peters.

For those that did not know him, he was the world record holder for playing the harmonica while jumping up and down on one foot.
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 20:31
    Hand guns aren't efficient. If it comes your way, move! Move! Not a big deal.
  15. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 20:32
    RIP Vern Peters.

For those that did not know him, he was the world record holder for playing the harmonica while jumping up and down on one foot.
    A tragic loss to hopping

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree