Most Ridiculous, Insensitive Solutions to Killing Sprees

Most Ridiculous, Insensitive Solutions to Killing Sprees

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
18 Dec 12
3 edits

I was thinking what the best solution would be and I was thinking way outside the box.

Here are 2 ideas I immediately rejected -- and even laughed at myself for considering them in the first place:

1. Once a citizen is proven to be mentally challenged on a certain level - such as consistent disturbing, anti-social behavior, or autistic and unpredictable... the government inserts a permanent chip inside their bodies so they can be tracked at all times.

2. Have all citizens mandatorily tested at a certain age, and if determined to be under a certain IQ, or mentally challenged as described above, they are not given a (required) license to carry a gun.

Now then. However ugly, despicable, insensitve #1 may be, this would likely work. Even if the tracking system was unreliable or didn't function well, just the fact that you might be being tracked is an excellent deterrent. #2 is bad both on a politically correct level as well as a practical level. Even worse, it probably wouldn't be very effective anyway.

Anybody else got any bad ideas?

u
semper fi

Moves
18 Dec 12

Originally posted by sumydid
I was thinking what the best solution would be and I was thinking way outside the box.

Here are 2 ideas I immediately rejected -- and even laughed at myself for considering them in the first place:

1. Once a citizen is proven to be mentally challenged on a certain level - such as consistent disturbing, anti-social behavior, or autistic and unpredictab ...[text shortened]... ven worse, it probably wouldn't be very effective anyway.

I think this thread was a bad idea... does that count?

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
18 Dec 12

Somethin's gotta be done, our country's leaders have made that abundantly clear. There is a morbid point to this. Ideas are being kicked around by the powers that be, as we speak, and they are just as insenstive, ridiculous, and ineffective.

Australia

Moves
18 Dec 12

If there was a sensitive, sensible and effective option, it would already be in place, surely. 😕

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
18 Dec 12

1. Once a citizen is proven to be mentally challenged on a certain level - such as consistent disturbing, anti-social behavior, or autistic and unpredictab ...[text shortened]... ven worse, it probably wouldn't be very effective anyway.

If everyone carried rocket launchers, this kind of crap wouldn't happen.

Now that would be an ultra-polite society.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
18 Dec 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
If everyone carried rocket launchers, this kind of crap wouldn't happen.

Now that would be an ultra-polite society.
Aircraft Carriers are the answer, we all need one, then we'd be safe unless the bad guys build a nuclear submarine fleet. Wait that's already been done. Hey I keep reading all these crazy conspiracy stories. Multiple gunmen, Town flooded with actors. This is all a part of the NWO agenda.
I know the incident is bad, but do we really think our govt is capable of 911 and this type of thing? 🙁

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
18 Dec 12

Option 2 has the seeds of a good start, i.e everyone should have to undergo much more stringent testing to make their case for gun ownership, rather than the state has to have some reason not to give them a gun license.

This could be an ongoing assessment as a persons psychological state can improve, or deteriorate over time.

Storage seems to be big issue, in the UK even before more recent gun controls, any weapons kept at home were required to be secured in a weapons cabinet, rather than a weapons display cabinet, these lockers were sporadically checked by local police to ensure ongoing compliance, if standards were breached the gun owner could lose their license and weapons.

Moves
18 Dec 12

Clearly people need to be tested for the evil gene.

Moves
18 Dec 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
Option 2 has the seeds of a good start, i.e everyone should have to undergo much more stringent testing to make their case for gun ownership, rather than the state has to have some reason not to give them a gun license.

This could be an ongoing assessment as a persons psychological state can improve, or deteriorate over time.

Storage seems to be big i ...[text shortened]... going compliance, if standards were breached the gun owner could lose their license and weapons.
Remember if someone wants to get a gun they'll find a way...perhaps on the "Black Market"?
The chip idea might work if EVERYONE had to have one because we all know that even the "smartest/sanest ones" can have breakdowns. How could this possibly work? How many people would it take to administer it?
I think we're stuck with the situation and just hope that these instances only happen very infrequently.
Maybe someone will come up with an "out-of-the-box" idea and this kind of dialog is the way start the process.

Moves
18 Dec 12

How would the chip thing work? Come on, sleeping with knee pads on is a better idea.

Moves
18 Dec 12

Originally posted by Trev33
How would the chip thing work? Come on, sleeping with knee pads on is a better idea.
Only if the solar panel on your ski "touque", that energizes your knee pads, is in working order.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Dec 12

Originally posted by Trev33
Clearly people need to be tested for the evil gene.
There goes RHP! :'(

Moves
19 Dec 12

Here's another crazy off-the-wall I'm just foolin' around idea you may have thought of...

take away the guns...

t

Moves
19 Dec 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Here's another crazy off-the-wall I'm just foolin' around idea you may have thought of...

take away the guns...
Like I said to some other idiot. You go right ahead and do that, report back here when you have finished.

Historically, amendments to the US constitution have granted rights.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by tomtom232
Like I said to some other idiot. You go right ahead and do that, report back here when you have finished.

Historically, amendments to the US constitution have granted rights.
If registered crazies had chip implants, they could be sneaky, go about their business, get guns, have someone remove the chip and then they do their evility.

If everyone in the US were ISSUED handguns, some creep with an AR15 would be less likely to even START firing on kids in a school, he would be shot as soon as he revealed the weapon.

There was a scene in some cop movie, pretty funny, where two thugs with guns goes into a bar and draw out their guns and said 'Stickup', but the place was crawling with off duty cops and 20 guns came out all pointed at them. Forget the name of the movie but that was priceless!

Of course, that scenario would make the US more like Dodge City than Boston but anyone with ideas should speak out. The same thing happened in Australia where guns were just as prevalent as they are in the US, kids shot at school and they changed the laws about owning assault rifles and those kind of shootings went way down.

Who in the hell needs a 300 round per minute assault rifle anyway? Bragging rights? Come on, you need to protect yourself against the Mafia? the Outlaws? Hell's Angels? The question then would be what did you do to bring on the wrath of those organizations? There are a lot more of them than you anyway and eventually you would be dead, AR15 or no.

So get these damnable weapons away from people, let them have their shotguns, hunting rifles, handguns and so forth but automatics with 100 round magazines? Come on, get real.