General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscriberlemondrop
    pawn grabber
    Joined
    19 Jul '13
    Moves
    197461
    01 Oct '18 18:01
    one number does not belong
    1026
    941
    1126
    861
    1202
    453
    which number and why
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    01 Oct '18 18:09
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    one number does not belong
    1026
    941
    1126
    861
    1202
    453
    which number and why
    453... Others begin or end with 1
  3. Subscriberlemondrop
    pawn grabber
    Joined
    19 Jul '13
    Moves
    197461
    01 Oct '18 19:31
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    453... Others begin or end with 1
    good try
    but no
  4. Subscriberlemondrop
    pawn grabber
    Joined
    19 Jul '13
    Moves
    197461
    01 Oct '18 20:07
    here is another set of numbers with one that doesn't belong for same reason as in the original set

    100
    943
    627
    372
    411
    1245
    1123
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52782
    02 Oct '18 00:55
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    one number does not belong
    1026
    941
    1126
    861
    1202
    453
    which number and why
    1,9, 1,8, 1, maybe next should be 743, so first digits: 1,9,1,8,1,7 Of course that is wrong but it looks nice.
  6. Subscriberlemondrop
    pawn grabber
    Joined
    19 Jul '13
    Moves
    197461
    02 Oct '18 01:14
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    1,9, 1,8, 1, maybe next should be 743, so first digits: 1,9,1,8,1,7 Of course that is wrong but it looks nice.
    looks nice but wrong
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10325
    02 Oct '18 05:36
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    one number does not belong
    1026
    941
    1126
    861
    1202
    453
    which number and why
    941 is a prime number, the others aren't.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10325
    02 Oct '18 05:37
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    here is another set of numbers with one that doesn't belong for same reason as in the original set

    100
    943
    627
    372
    411
    1245
    1123
    Here it's 1123, the rest aren't.
  9. Subscriberlemondrop
    pawn grabber
    Joined
    19 Jul '13
    Moves
    197461
    02 Oct '18 12:41
    Originally posted by @trev33
    Here it's 1123, the rest aren't.
    nice try but for these sets of numbers but not solution I was looking for

    the answer to this puzzle is not mathematical but visual
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52782
    02 Oct '18 17:57
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    nice try but for these sets of numbers but not solution I was looking for

    the answer to this puzzle is not mathematical but visual
    More than a nice try. That is the thing with these kind of puzzles, more than one potential answer, just not the one the puzzler was looking for, but just as valid.
  11. Subscriberlemondrop
    pawn grabber
    Joined
    19 Jul '13
    Moves
    197461
    02 Oct '18 18:121 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    More than a nice try. That is the thing with these kind of puzzles, more than one potential answer, just not the one the puzzler was looking for, but just as valid.
    yes and I should have been aware of this when selecting those numbers

    my fault
    and so I will give the answer


    all numbers except one are times which can be displayed on a digital clock

    the first set 861 does not belong and in the second set 372 does no belong
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52782
    02 Oct '18 18:55
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    yes and I should have been aware of this when selecting those numbers

    my fault
    and so I will give the answer


    all numbers except one are times which can be displayed on a digital clock

    the first set 861 does not belong and in the second set 372 does no belong
    Nice one.
Back to Top