1. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 17:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Let's have it then, no more beating around the bush.

Do you think Apartheid was a good idea? The people didn't think so. I'm guessing the only ones who did were De Klerk and the rest of the white ruling party.
    Before I answer your question, let me say that the rest of that paragraph is a lie. Apartheid was around long before De Klerk and was supported by millions of people.

Secondly, do I think it was a good idea? Hmm... I'll answer that question by telling you about the greatest tragedy of the last 100 years in South Africa. It was not Mandela's death. It was not the invention of Apartheid. It was not the Sharpeville Massacre. It was District 6. Probably the greatest cultural melting pot in the history of planet earth, destroyed by bulldozers because of fear. I hope that gives you some perspective about me.

I am old enough to have lived during and after Apartheid, seen the changes made, I think we're better off without it, thanks.
  2. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 17:31
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    The world mourns the loss of Nelson Mandela.

He was a towering champion of freedom and human rights.

Don't be distracted by the pig squeals of racists.
    Nelson Mandela was not Martin Luther King Jr.
    Nelson Mandela was not Gandhi.
    Nelson Mandela was not Jesus Christ.

If anything he was Joan of Arc. The mascot which rallied a great army.

(during a civil cold war but you people don't want to hear much about history)
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 17:33
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    In his defence, he is South African. I wasn't there, neither were you. He has the right to his opinion.
    Thanks huck, but tread carefully, they will thumbs you down!
  4. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 17:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you figure it was ok for the minority whites to suppress the blacks of SA for generations, raping their women at will, killing them if they spoke up against the white supremacists and all that. Those nasty blacks should just be thankful for all they had, given to them by the selfless whites and how DARE them that they fought back.

Is that about it?
    No, sonhouse. Not at all. As usual you just don't get it at all. I'm glad to see some things never change. Try to follow the thread instead of inventing tangents.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 17:55
    <3 you, Hopscotch.
  6. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 18:10
    In his defence, he is South African. I wasn't there, neither were you. He has the right to his opinion.
    I'm South African and his behaviour is inexcusable! I am also white and feel that these comments are outrageous.
  7. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 18:11
    Originally posted by Tygert
    I'm South African and his behaviour is inexcusable! I am also white and feel that these comments are outrageous.
    Calm down.
  8. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 18:13
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Which side of Table Mountain are you on? I want to be covered when you start shooting rainbows out your ass.
    Upp. Kenilworth.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 19:18
    I went to his 70th birthday party, but he failed to show.
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 19:21
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I went to his 70th birthday party, but he failed to show.
    *&$@& stole my girl.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 19:25
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    *&$@& stole my girl.
    Whinny? (cowboy)
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 19:45
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    *&$@& stole my girl.
    It was an awesome gig; took the missus, then my girlfriend of 6 months. 1988 wembley stadium; we danced all night.
  13. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 21:01
    Why blame Hopscotch though? As an Englishman, all the ills of the world can basically be blamed on the British empire in some way...maybe rather than arguing with him, you should apologise.
    From what ive seen on the television today, one thing is for sure, you and Hopscotch are certainly in the minority. The majority of the world today is mourning the passing of Mandela. And as far as asking me to apoligise to Hopscotch, get a life Huckleberry, because it isn't going to happen.
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 21:05
    I'm selling a range of plush toys in colorful shirts called Madibears. They have a really dinstinctive style of dance.
  15. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 21:06
    Originally posted by Tygert
    I thought you were Jewish.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree