General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    39731
    05 Dec '13 23:06
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Not that great. Alexander was great. Mandela was just another politician.
  2. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    39731
    05 Dec '13 23:23
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    32 years. Not long enough.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    95105
    05 Dec '13 23:321 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    i cant comment on him as man. but as an icon, for me growing up in the 80's and 90's he's a legend, a true hero.

    YouTube
    (free nelson mandela)
  4. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    39731
    05 Dec '13 23:51
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    a true hero.
    A true hero who was part of an organisation whose military branch had an operation to kill all the whites to take over the country.
    A true hero who was convicted of sabotage involving blowing stuff up with explosives and potentially killing innocent people.
    A true hero who dressed so badly I don't even have adjectives for it.
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    06 Dec '13 01:25
    Good riddance, he was a terrorist.
  6. Standard memberSteve45
    Garry Kasparov
    liverpool
    Joined
    24 May '12
    Moves
    28058
    06 Dec '13 01:56
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    A true hero who was part of an organisation whose military branch had an operation to kill all the whites to take over the country.
    A true hero who was convicted of sabotage involving blowing stuff up with explosives and potentially killing innocent people.
    A true hero who dressed so badly I don't even have adjectives for it.
    Partly true Hopscotch. But lets not forget that Mandela decided that enough was enough. He wanted the black mans voice to be heard, and lets face it, the white race has dealt out some violent and humiliating actions for alot longer than what Mandela did. I think the world has lost a political statesman, and a true gentleman.
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    325685
    06 Dec '13 02:24
    Originally posted by hopscotch

    A true hero who dressed so badly I don't even have adjectives for it.
    I guess this is so important that it needs to be said. 😲
  8. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    39731
    06 Dec '13 02:29
    Originally posted by steve45
    But lets not forget that Mandela decided that enough was enough. He wanted the black mans voice to be heard
    HA HA. HA HA HA HA.

    You mean, the mounting bloody, violent, revolution had nothing to do with it? It was all Mandela writing letters from his jail cell? The National Party were %$£$ing their pants, they were going to all get killed by angry mobs. Outnumbered, alone, outgunned, De Klerk decided to let Mandela out to soothe the seething masses.

    Let me put in another way
    Mandela e4.
  9. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    39731
    06 Dec '13 02:35
    Originally posted by steve45
    Mandela decided that enough was enough
    I just can't get over how funny this is.

    27 YEARS IN PRISON LATER
    Wait... okay NOW, it's time. Enough is enough. I have decided.
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Joined
    22 Dec '11
    Moves
    20930
    06 Dec '13 04:46
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    HA HA. HA HA HA HA.

    You mean, the mounting bloody, violent, revolution had nothing to do with it? It was all Mandela writing letters from his jail cell? The National Party were %$£$ing their pants, they were going to all get killed by angry mobs. Outnumbered, alone, outgunned, De Klerk decided to let Mandela out to soothe the seething masses.

    Let me put in another way
    Mandela e4.
    "the mounting bloody, violent, revolution" was a perfectly understandable response to the continuing oppression of the white fascist minority regime that imprisoned Mandela for committing a tiny proportion of the violence that the regime perpetrated on the non white majority.

    Mandela is up there with Ghandi because of the way He conducted Himself and the bloodshed he helped avoid when that regime was crumbling, deal with it!
  11. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    13105
    06 Dec '13 07:34
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Not that great. Alexander was great. Mandela was just another politician.
    Shut up you old bat. The man was our national hero and you dare not insult him.
  12. Standard memberSteve45
    Garry Kasparov
    liverpool
    Joined
    24 May '12
    Moves
    28058
    06 Dec '13 11:30
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    I just can't get over how funny this is.

    27 YEARS IN PRISON LATER
    Wait... okay NOW, it's time. Enough is enough. I have decided.
    Come back to the forum, when you actually know what your talking about. Im a white man, and i feel embarassed about how the black race has been treated by the white man. And your HA HA HA HA comment just tells me what type of person you are. If you dont agree with something, then it must be a load of rubbish. There's only one person on this forum so far whose talked rubbish, and it isn't me.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52874
    06 Dec '13 11:321 edit
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    I just can't get over how funny this is.

    27 YEARS IN PRISON LATER
    Wait... okay NOW, it's time. Enough is enough. I have decided.
    So you figure it was ok for the minority whites to suppress the blacks of SA for generations, raping their women at will, killing them if they spoke up against the white supremacists and all that. Those nasty blacks should just be thankful for all they had, given to them by the selfless whites and how DARE them that they fought back.

    Is that about it?
  14. Subscriberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Joined
    12 Oct '05
    Moves
    42038
    06 Dec '13 12:03
    Originally posted by steve45
    Come back to the forum, when you actually know what your talking about. Im a white man, and i feel embarassed about how the black race has been treated by the white man. And your HA HA HA HA comment just tells me what type of person you are. If you dont agree with something, then it must be a load of rubbish. There's only one person on this forum so far whose talked rubbish, and it isn't me.
    In his defence, he is South African. I wasn't there, neither were you. He has the right to his opinion.
  15. Standard memberSteve45
    Garry Kasparov
    liverpool
    Joined
    24 May '12
    Moves
    28058
    06 Dec '13 12:32
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    In his defence, he is South African. I wasn't there, neither were you. He has the right to his opinion.
    And ive got my opinion, and i don't appreciate his comment, regarding the HA HA HA HA.
Back to Top