On being a teacher

On being a teacher

General

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
10 Dec 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
We have teachers quitting left and right. One teacher quit, we hired another, he quit, and now we have a long term sub asking me "where do I get my lesson plans from?"

Sigh...
What was he, a lesson-plan mooch? Jebus.

STS

Moves
10 Dec 08

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
What was he, a lesson-plan mooch? Jebus.
Substitute teachers are generally not responsible for developing lesson plans and designing course curriculums. Jebus.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
10 Dec 08

Originally posted by Sam The Sham
Substitute teachers are generally not responsible for developing lesson plans and designing course curriculums. Jebus.
So you could shorten the description to 'sub-teachers', really.

When I was a substitute teacher, I was required to have a brain. I didn't ALWAYS use it, but I wasn't reliant on others for lesson plans, at least. Why? Because -- as a 'long-term sub' -- I had an idea of what the course was and what the kids were supposed to be doing. JEBUS!!!

STS

Moves
10 Dec 08

So you could shorten the description to 'sub-teachers', really.

When I was a substitute teacher, I was required to have a brain. I didn't ALWAYS use it, but I wasn't reliant on others for lesson plans, at least. Why? Because -- as a 'long-term sub' -- I had an idea of what the course was and what the kids were supposed to be doing. JEBUS!!!
Uh-huh, so you were familiar with all the state requirements and felt qualified to build lesson plans all by yourself with no input or guidelines. Right.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
10 Dec 08

Uh-huh, so you were familiar with all the state requirements and felt qualified to build lesson plans all by yourself with no input or guidelines. Right.
Surely any qualified teacher, substitute or otherwise, should be familiar with all the state requirements before pretending to be capable of taking a class for even one lesson. You make it sound like substitutes are ignorant clowns.

STS

Moves
10 Dec 08

Surely any qualified teacher, substitute or otherwise, should be familiar with all the state requirements before pretending to be capable of taking a class for even one lesson. You make it sound like substitutes are ignorant clowns.
You obviously have never been a substitute as you claim. In most states the only requirement for a sub is to possess a bachelor's degree, they don't have a clue as to what the state requires for all the different classes they may fill in for.
You are a liar, we're done here. Blather away all you want.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
10 Dec 08
1 edit

You obviously have never been a substitute as you claim. In most states the only requirement for a sub is to possess a bachelor's degree, they don't have a clue as to what the state requires for all the different classes they may fill in for.
You are a liar, we're done here. Blather away all you want.
I live in a different country to you, fool! Evidently the substitutes here are more highly qualified than yours! 'We're done here. I'm a walking, talking cliche.'

Even on the Internet, your voice has a whining, defeated quality. But Jebus loves you, Sam.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
10 Dec 08

I live in a different country to you, fool! Evidently the substitutes here are more highly qualified than yours! 'We're done here. I'm a walking, talking cliche.'

Even on the Internet, your voice has a whining, defeated quality. But Jebus loves you, Sam.
Didn't you hear him?! Talk to the Hand.

N

The sky

Moves
10 Dec 08

Evidently the substitutes here are more highly qualified than yours!
LIAR! We all know they don't have schools in THE AFRICA!

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
10 Dec 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
LIAR! We all know they don't have schools in THE AFRICA!
I'm going to blather away all I want.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
10 Dec 08

Surely any qualified teacher, substitute or otherwise, should be familiar with all the state requirements before pretending to be capable of taking a class for even one lesson.
It's funny how even something so obvious can be disputed.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
10 Dec 08

Originally posted by Palynka
It's funny how even something so obvious can be disputed.
Actually, ATY made it sound like in his school it's not the case. I have no reason to disbelieve him. Also, in my experience, many teachers -- substitute or otherwise -- coast along without proper lesson plans, or even, sometimes, knowledge or qualifications. It cuts both ways. Whatever the hell it is.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
10 Dec 08

Actually, ATY made it sound like in his school it's not the case. I have no reason to disbelieve him. Also, in my experience, many teachers -- substitute or otherwise -- coast along without proper lesson plans, or even, sometimes, knowledge or qualifications. It cuts both ways. Whatever the hell it is.
I know, but he disputed the "should".

In LA, they try to weed out the unmotivated ones. More so than the Dutch, or so I've heard.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
10 Dec 08

Originally posted by Palynka
I know, but he disputed the "should".

In LA, they try to weed out the unmotivated ones. More so than the Dutch, or so I've heard.
Sam disputed it. I'm more interested in ATY's viewpoint.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
10 Dec 08

Sam disputed it. I'm more interested in ATY's viewpoint.
You started your post with "actually", which implied a rebuttal of my post. What your interests are, is irrelevant to the value of that rebuttal.

ARE YOU HAVING FUN NOW?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.