On This Date in History

On This Date in History

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Jun 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Monday, May 25, 2015

[b]Footnote to History:
The divine establishment principle of freedom through military victory is as applicable today as it was during World War II. Please join me in giving thanks for God’s continued protection of the United States of America and the constitutional liberties we still ...[text shortened]... ory books on the United States of America in New Zealand along with your own "psychology books".[/b]
You have not defined "Pavlovian Denial" nor substantiated that ridiculous "history" video.

You really think the flag was held up by the dead bodies of patriots?
Less than a handful died in the fort. The British ships we way too far out!
It was handbags at forty paces.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
You have not defined "Pavlovian Denial" nor substantiated that ridiculous "history" video.

You really think the flag was held up by the dead bodies of patriots?
Less than a handful died in the fort. The British ships we way too far out!
It was handbags at forty paces.
"Here's a final tribute to Memorial Day 2015, previously sent to family members and a few other close family friends. Its audio narration with video illustrations has captivated the interest of 2,300,122 patriotic citizens since it was published on July 6, 2013."

Guess yours truly is one of "2,300,122 [mistaken] patriotic citizens since it was published on July 6, 2013". "Or a kneejerk gut reaction of denial": did you notice the Thumbs Down on a slow day along with your reply? Miss Wiki rests her case.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Jun 15

"Here's a final tribute to Memorial Day 2015, previously sent to family members and a few other close family friends. Its audio narration with video illustrations has captivated the interest of [b]2,300,122 patriotic citizens since it was published on July 6, 2013."

Guess yours truly is one of "2,300,122 [mistaken] patriotic citizens since it wa ...[text shortened]... ": did you notice the Thumbs Down on a slow day along with your reply? Miss Wiki rests her case.[/b]
So the more people that watch it the truer it becomes?
Unfortunately not - like your religious mantras - quantity is no substitute for quality.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Jun 15
6 edits

So the more people that watch it the truer it becomes?
Unfortunately not - like your religious mantras - quantity is no substitute for quality.
In the comments section of this Youtube prior to its Red Hot Pawn reformatting, the creator acknowledged that some of the historical text was a bit fanciful. This in no way minimized the impact of historical event itself for me. wolfgang59, of course the answer to your question "So the more people that watch it the truer it becomes?" is patently false. Daily recitation of an opinion that "God does not exit. God does not exist. God does not exit." within a man or woman's frontal lobes may qualify as an example.

Only one relevant question remains: Whose authority do you accept? "Someone once remarked that if you combine British pessimism with American optimism, you get divine realism. Maybe this is why Churchill, with his British father and American mother, is such an Olympian figure." -Michael Ward (Fellow of Blackfriars Hall, University of Oxford, May 2015) Thanks.

Star Spangled Banner As You've Never Heard It [2,368,086 Hits] Published on July 6, 2013

"The story of how our national anthem came to be. This is a story every American should hear. It's a little lengthy, but I'm sure it'll be worth your time. If you think the info in this is wrong, that's fine. Just keep it to yourself. I was asked to make this video for someone and upload it here, so that's what I did. I don't plan on making any changes to this. Hope you enjoy it anyways though Oh, and sorry about the typos in the anthem. *I don't own the audio or pics and the flag video that I used towards the end belongs to FarWestTexas." Standard YouTube License:

Read a book!

Moves
07 Jun 15

In the comments section of this Youtube prior to its Red Hot Pawn reformatting, the creator acknowledged that some of the historical text was a bit fanciful. This in no way minimized the impact of historical event itself for me. wolfgang59, of course the answer to your question "So the more people that watch it the truer it becomes?" is patently false. ...[text shortened]... belongs to FarWestTexas." Standard YouTube License: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxGNQE5ZLA
A bit fanciful? You still get an F in American history, Bobby, though you do rate a B+ in tap dancing.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Jun 15

... some of the historical text was a bit fanciful. This in no way minimized the impact of historical event itself for me.

"The story of how our national anthem came to be. This is a story every American should hear."
EVEN THOUGH IT IS FALSE
The truth doesn't matter to you?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Jun 15
1 edit

The truth doesn't matter to you?
Yes, the truth matters; in this instance, this once proud republic's national celebration of an actual historical event is the focal point rather than the flawed details of an amateurish video presentation accompanying our national anthem.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Jun 15

Originally posted by HandyAndy
A bit fanciful? You still get an F in American history, Bobby, though you do rate a B+ in tap dancing.
Thank you.

F

Moves
07 Jun 15

7th June 1974

The Allman Brothers Band at Roosevelt Stadium, Jersey City, NJ, USA

Wasted Words ~ Done Somebody Wrong ~ One Way Out ~ Call It Stormy Monday (But Tuesday Is Just as Bad) ~ Midnight Rider ~ Southbound ~ In Memory of Elizabeth Reed ~ Statesboro Blues ~ Come and Go Blues ~ Ramblin' Man ~ Trouble No More ~ Jessica ~ You Don't Love Me ~ Will the Circle Be Unbroken? ~ Les Brers in A Minor ~ Hot 'Lanta ~ Mountain Jam

I love the Allmans to bits but one sad thing to reflect is that this set list could have been from any show in the 41 years since this one was played... the Grateful Dead, with their 500+ song repertoire and ability to play six three hour shows in a row without repeating a song, the Allmans most certainly were NOT.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Jun 15

Yes, the truth matters; in this instance, this once proud republic's national celebration of an actual historical event is the focal point rather than the flawed details of an amateurish video presentation accompanying our national anthem.
"actual" historical event?!?! All historical events are actual.
What event are you talking about?
The actual unhistoric holding up of a flagpole?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Jun 15

"actual" historical event?!?! All historical events are actual.
What event are you talking about?
The actual unhistoric holding up of a flagpole?
"What event are you talking about?"

"On September 14, 1814, U.S. soldiers at Baltimore's Fort McHenry raised a huge American flag to celebrate a crucial victory over British forces during the War of 1812. The sight of those “broad stripes and bright stars” inspired Francis Scott Key to write a song that eventually became the United States national..." (Summary displayed at the top of Google's Menu)

Read a book!

Moves
07 Jun 15
1 edit

"What event are you talking about?"

"On September 14, 1814, U.S. soldiers at Baltimore's Fort McHenry raised a huge American flag to [b]celebrate a crucial victory over British forces during the War of 1812.
The sight of those “broad stripes and bright stars” inspired Francis Scott Key to write a song that ...[text shortened]... eventually became the United States national..." (Summary displayed at the top of Google's Menu)[/b]
What was the point of posting your distorted and exaggerated view of the actual events? Was it more entertaining?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Jun 15

What was the point of posting your distorted and exaggerated view of the actual events? Was it more entertaining?
Since this identical post received an exceptionally warm welcome on another popular online forum
I mistakenly thought there might be a few American Patriots on Red Hot Pawn as well.

That's why.

Read a book!

Moves
07 Jun 15

Since this identical post received an exceptionally warm welcome on another popular online forum
I mistakenly thought there might be a few American Patriots on Red Hot Pawn as well.

That's why.
Perhaps the American patriots on this site are more interested in historical accuracy than escapist fiction.

What was the other forum?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Jun 15

Perhaps the American patriots on this site are more interested in historical accuracy than escapist fiction.

What was the other forum?
"What was the other forum?"

None of your business, Sir. Red Hot Pawn Terms of Service Policy serves to protect the privacy of all members.