1. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 12:59
    Anybody else didn't notice what day it is?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 13:02
    @petewxyz said
    I am an atheist but married to a serious Roman catholic so I know its Good Friday and its fish for tea.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 13:06
    @badradger said
    I am an atheist but married to a serious Roman catholic so I know its Good Friday and its fish for tea.
    I must "confess", I am not catholic but fall, more into the agnostic zone.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 13:071 edit
    @badradger

I am also Roman Catholic, better half Pentecostal we have both always eaten fish on Good Friday. Not a big difference between the two religions really.

-VR
  5. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 13:08
    Nobody religious in our house. No disrespect intended to people who are, just weird to not even notice until I saw something just now!
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 13:121 edit
    @petewxyz said
    Nobody religious in our house. No disrespect intended to people who are, just weird to not even notice until I saw something just now!
    It really doesn't matter so long as we are respectful of those who have religion and there are different religions, many guite different than the Roman Catholic, but we have to be respectful of everyones beliefs, even if you don't believe in any religion.

Mind you I haven't been inside a church since my niece was baptized and I was the godfather, and a sisters funeral back in 2013, but I do say my nightly prayers every night.

-VR
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 13:12
    @petewxyz said
    When I was gainfully employed (years ago) I always considered every Friday...good.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 13:15
    @great-big-stees said
    When I was gainfully employed (years ago) I always considered every Friday...good.
    Yes of course gbs you were looking forward to the week-end off!!!! 😛

-VR
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 13:21
    @very-rusty said
    Yes of course gbs you were looking forward to the week-end off!!!! 😛

-VR
    It's Långfredag (Long Friday) here, and I just happen to have fish for dinner. It was the longest day of the year because there was nothing to do. There was only one cinema open and they showed Konungarnas konung (King of kings).
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 13:24
    @torunn said
    It's Långfredag (Long Friday) here, and I just happen to have fish for dinner. It was the longest day of the year because there was nothing to do. There was only one cinema open and they showed Konungarnas konung (King of kings).
    I assume you "passed it over" then? 🤔
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 13:282 edits
    @petewxyz said
    Does anyone know what time it is?

Does anyone even care?

Now that we have Covid, we are in a perpetual states of indifference and apathy just sitting around waiting for our political leaders to tell us it's safe to breath once again and resume our lives.

And to think, many thought their lives were already pathetic before Covid.

LOL.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 13:29
    @whodey said
    Does anyone know what time it is?

Does anyone even care?

Now that we have Covid, we are in a perpetual states of indifference and apathy just sitting around waiting for our political leaders to tell us it's safe to breath once again and resume our lives.

And to think, many thought their lives were already pathetic before Covid.

LOL.
    You really are a "Downer Dan"?
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 13:36
    we had no meat (neither fish nor otherwise). We eat a kind of cake called "struven"
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 13:37
    @great-big-stees said
    I assume you "passed it over" then? 🤔
    That was in the old days, when religion mattered here. Now everything is closed for other reasons.
  15. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 13:402 edits
    I think it was fish every Friday when I was at school although it wasn't a religious school. Maybe that was religious. Maybe it was cheaper! I had an uncle who worked on the fish docks in Hull. He said they always had to choose the worst fish to sell cheap to schools and hospitals! On the other hand my aunt had a chip shop in Hull which was in a different league!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree