1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 15:161 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    That was what I was looking for, you have had other accounts.
    It's hardly a secret. I have been open about it and mention it quite often. I've posted over 50,000 times as FMF and maybe a few hundred times (I can't remember) with the other two.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 15:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's hardly a secret. I have been open about it and mention it quite often.
    FMF,
    Sorry, must have missed it along the way. I don't really cling on to every word you say. It certainly isn't a priority for me. 😉

-VR
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 15:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    What proportion of the people here do you think do this?
    FMF,
    That is not for me to say, or even judge for that matter. I just said in my opinion I think they lead a very sad life. This doesn't make me correct or wrong.

-VR
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 15:33
    Sorry, must have missed it along the way. I don't really cling on to every word you say. It certainly isn't a priority for me.
    And yet you are exhibiting a peculiar, tangential interest in it all of a sudden on this thread. Nobody has even gone anywhere near the notion that you might - or that anyone might even think for one moment that you - "cling on to every word" I post... except you ~ in the post above. Very peculiar.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 15:38
    That is not for me to say, or even judge for that matter. I just said in my opinion I think they lead a very sad life. This doesn't make me correct or wrong.
    I would have thought that people who come here come to play chess at varying levels of seriousness and if they make a few friends through in game chats then that's just natural and harmless. I can't see how such a thing means they live a "very sad life" and people might "feel sorry for them". What an odd thing for you to blurt out. There's an unmistakably misanthropic smell coming from it. 😛
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 15:533 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would have thought that people who come here come to play chess at varying levels of seriousness and if they make a few friends through in game chats then that's just natural and harmless. I can't see how such a thing means they live a "very sad life" and people might "feel sorry for them". What an odd thing for you to blurt out. There's an unmistakably misanthropic smell coming from it. 😛
    Bot,
    Obviously you are missing my point altogether. I said: IF people come on here just to make FRIENDS, in my opinion they lead a very sad life. Do you acknowledge the difference? 😉

What you could be smelling is your own breath blowing back in your face. Have you brushed, flossed and gargled today. 😛

-VR
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 15:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    And yet you are exhibiting a peculiar, tangential interest in it all of a sudden on this thread. Nobody has even gone anywhere near the notion that you might - or that anyone might even think for one moment that you - "cling on to every word" I post... except you ~ in the post above. Very peculiar.
    FMF,
    You did say you have mentioned it many times about having different accounts. I have just never noticed. Meaning I don't cling on to every word you say, a lot of it isn't worth remembering in my humble opinion. Don't mean to hurt your feelings. 😉

-VR
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 16:17
    Obviously you are missing my point altogether. I said: IF people come on here just to make FRIENDS, in my opinion they lead a very sad life. Do you acknowledge the difference?
    Not really. Either way, I think you are simply talking a load of mean-spirited nonsense about the cardboard cut out versions of people who seem to populate your dreary mindscape. 😉
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 16:18
    What you could be smelling is your own breath blowing back in your face. Have you brushed, flossed and gargled today.
    It seems I hit the nail on the head by describing you as "misanthropic". 🙂
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 16:551 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    It seems I hit the nail on the head by describing you as "misanthropic". 🙂
    FMF,
    LOL....Are you sure your middle name isn't Robbie?

-VR
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 16:57
    😴
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 17:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    😴
    FMF,
    You both have similar mannerisms...perhaps he would make a good friend for you. 😛

-VR
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 18:41
    Originally posted by divegeester
    They don't exist. Remember that.

Best.
    I think they do, if we can accept them for what they are.
  14. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 19:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    Send me a challenge, I feel I am your chum in a strange kind of way.
    Likewise Dive and robbie although robbie will kick my ass.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '16 19:53
    Originally posted by Torunn
    I think they do, if we can accept them for what they are.
    Don't get me wrong, I think friendliness and goodwill can exist online of course. I just don't think that true friendship is possible without at least phone contact.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree