Outraged

Outraged

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
06 Oct 19

@very-rusty said
What happens to your body when you eat too much sugar?
When you eat excess sugar, the extra insulin in your bloodstream can affect your arteries, part of your body's circulatory system. It causes their walls to grow faster than normal and get tense, which adds stress to your heart and damages it over time. This can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, and strokes.

-VR
So when you said 'sugar is not good for you' what you actually meant was 'too much' sugar is not good for you.

Gothenburg

Moves
06 Oct 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
So when you said 'sugar is not good for you' what you actually meant was 'too much' sugar is not good for you.
I think hidden sugar is the dangerous kind, which there is in almost all food. Too much sugar and too much salt is bad.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Oct 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Hard to put one past you goad! 😛

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Oct 19
1 edit

@torunn said
I think hidden sugar is the dangerous kind, which there is in almost all food. Too much sugar and too much salt is bad.
True, and a lot of people don't even think about salt being bad for you! Sugar can also add weight as it turns to fat.

In general, people feel fats are less harmful than sugar and end up eating far more fat than is healthy, according to the USDA. Because they both add calories to your diet, it is important to be aware of both and make an effort to limit solid fats and added sugars as often as possible.

Summary High-sugar diets contribute to prolonged elevated blood sugar, insulin resistance, and leptin resistance — all of which are linked to weight gain and excess body fat.Apr 23, 2019
6 Ways Added Sugar Is Fattening - Healthline

https://www.healthline.com › nutrition › does-sugar-make-you-fat

Decided to give a link this time! 😉

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
06 Oct 19

@very-rusty said
What happens to your body when you eat too much sugar?
When you eat excess sugar, the extra insulin in your bloodstream can affect your arteries, part of your body's circulatory system. It causes their walls to grow faster than normal and get tense, which adds stress to your heart and damages it over time. This can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, and strokes.
Another copy/paste with no attribution.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Oct 19
1 edit

@handyandy said
LOL@ Andy:
Here Andy one for you!!! 😉

How much sugar is OK in a day?
According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the maximum amount of added sugars you should eat in a day are ( 7 ): Men: 150 calories per day (37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons) Women: 100 calories per day (25 grams or 6 teaspoons)Jun 28, 2018
Daily Intake of Sugar — How Much Sugar Should You Eat Per Day?

https://www.healthline.com › nutrition › how-much-sugar-per-day

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Oct 19
1 edit

@handyandy said
Andy you could always look it up and find out I am correct on this!!! 😉

Or don't waste your time, as you do throwing shots at me! 😉 😛

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
06 Oct 19

@very-rusty said

Or don't waste your time, as you do throwing shots at me! 😉 😛

-VR
I think we all know what sugar and salt does to our bodies.

Read a book!

Moves
06 Oct 19

@very-rusty said

Or don't waste your time, as you do throwing shots at me!
Look it up where?

No one is throwing shots at you, genius, it's forum protocol.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Oct 19

@Ghost-of-a-Duke
I thought you said you didn't have the capacity for emotion?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Oct 19

@sonhouse said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
I thought you said you didn't have the capacity for emotion?
No old chap, all other emotions are fine and dandy.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Oct 19

@torunn said
We had a friendly discussion here about anger and all of a sudden you turn in into a personal attack. That wasn't necessary.
He's probably angry.

IP

Moves
07 Oct 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Just had a Viscount biscuit (not had one in years) and it is nothing like how they use to taste. Everything about it was wrong.

If I possessed the emotion of anger I'd be fuming right now.
Biscuit rage is more common than most people realize. I estimate that it accounts for 34% of all domestic crime in the UK. I myself have murdered three people as a consequence *, and have been on medication for many years for the condition, which is thus controlled.

* Am I allowed to admit to this in a public forum? Would it be admissible in a court of law, if so I retract the statement.

Gothenburg

Moves
07 Oct 19

@indonesia-phil said
Biscuit rage is more common than most people realize. I estimate that it accounts for 34% of all domestic crime in the UK. I myself have murdered three people as a consequence *, and have been on medication for many years for the condition, which is thus controlled.

* Am I allowed to admit to this in a public forum? Would it be admissible in a court of law, if so I retract the statement.
Our Code of Honor forbids us to take this any further.

IP

Moves
07 Oct 19

@torunn said
Our Code of Honor forbids us to take this any further.
Phew....! Looks like I got away with that one then...