General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Joined
    22 Jan '13
    Moves
    1834
    16 Apr '13 03:28
    What are some of the unbelievable things you've heard people say? A few of mine:

    At a party one night we were talking about an upcoming solar eclipse when I asked a friend if he knew what caused one. His answer: That's when the sun comes between the earth and the moon.

    When I was a kid, my brothers and I went to the grocery store with my dad. While looking at the steaks my dad balked at the price of filet mignon steak saying "I'm not paying 5 bucks a pound for a piece of cow." (This was 1967ish)
    My 9-year old younger brother said "Filet Mignon comes from a cow? I thought it came from some rare animal."

    I spent the night with an old girlfriend years ago and in the morning around 6 a.m. a couple knocked on her door to drop of their child for her to babysit. My gf didn't respond. They knocked again and this time she answered the door. "Sorry, I didn't hear you the first time."

    Driving home from the beach one day with another one of my bright girlfriends I noticed and mentioned we were almost out of gas. She said "Better hurry up and get home before we run out."
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    322193
    16 Apr '13 03:571 edit
    You want unbelievable, just read some of the discussion forums. It doesn't matter what the topic is, someone will make a statement that is off the planet. Comments threads on news sites are another goldmine.
  3. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Joined
    22 Jan '13
    Moves
    1834
    16 Apr '13 04:01
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    You want unbelievable, just read some of the discussion forums. It doesn't matter what the topic is, someone will make a statement that is off the planet. Comments threads on news sites are another goldmine.
    That's true. I actually saw someone post that if evolution was a fact, then sodomy should make the anus evolve into a vagina!!
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    16 Apr '13 09:04
    Years ago this famous politician was on the radio
    and he said to the presenter the following,


    There are people out there making wild allegations about me,

    and when I find these alligators............................................................

    ( Silence after realizing what he said )
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    16 Apr '13 15:38
    "Wait, Wait, I Dreamed a Dream."
  6. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Joined
    22 Jan '13
    Moves
    1834
    16 Apr '13 18:00
    I should add something that came from me.

    One morning one of my dogs, Cutie Pie, was barking loudly. I looked outside and she was barking at a group of high school girls on their way to school. I yelled out "CUTIE PIE!" and they all turned around.

    I am now officially the neighborhood creep.
  7. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    1810
    16 Apr '13 18:28
    "And the USA is Dumbing Down its Military?"

    - GB
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97138
    16 Apr '13 19:22
    Why is it when someone says, "Did you hear that (insert a name) died?" Lots of people respond with, "You're kidding".
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    16 Apr '13 20:55
    During teacher-training I pointed out to the class teacher that what she had
    just told the class was a commonly held misbelief and actually untrue. She
    replied "It doesn't matter - so long as they learn something"
    😲
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97138
    16 Apr '13 21:21
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    During teacher-training I pointed out to the class teacher that what she had
    just told the class was a commonly held misbelief and actually untrue. She
    replied "It doesn't matter - so long as they learn something"
    😲
    If what you were teaching were slugs then I agree with her.
  11. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    138490
    16 Apr '13 21:25
    you stop and ask for directions...
    yer given what's asked for, then comes,

    "you cain't miss it"...

    yep...
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97138
    16 Apr '13 21:29
    Originally posted by rookie54
    you stop and ask for directions...
    yer given what's asked for, then comes,

    "you cain't miss it"...

    yep...
    or how about "you can't get there from here" or "just drive down till you come to where the old gas station/taxidedermist used to be and hang a right"
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    16 Apr '13 21:37
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    or how about "you can't get there from here" or "just drive down till you come to where the old gas station/taxidedermist used to be and hang a right"
    Similar
    looking for a B&B in Ireland which we had pre-booked we phoned the owner
    for directions to be told
    "It's 2 miles before you get to the big white house"
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    16 Apr '13 22:06
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Similar
    looking for a B&B in Ireland which we had pre-booked we phoned the owner
    for directions to be told
    "It's 2 miles before you get to the big white house"
    You think that's bad?

    I used to work in a food warehouse preparing orders
    for delivery to various shops all over the island.

    One order had the following address,

    WATERFALL
    NEAR CORK.

    That was all that was on the address label.
  15. Standard memberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Joined
    08 Sep '08
    Moves
    18331
    17 Apr '13 02:54
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    I should add something that came from me.

    One morning one of my dogs, Cutie Pie, was barking loudly. I looked outside and she was barking at a group of high school girls on their way to school. I yelled out "CUTIE PIE!" and they all turned around.

    I am now officially the neighborhood creep.
    My husband wouldn't let me name our blonde hound dog "Honey" for a similar reason. He feared what the neighbors would think if she got out and he had to chase her down the road calling, "Honey, come back!"
Back to Top