1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 21:37
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    or how about "you can't get there from here" or "just drive down till you come to where the old gas station/taxidedermist used to be and hang a right"
    Similar
    looking for a B&B in Ireland which we had pre-booked we phoned the owner
    for directions to be told
    "It's 2 miles before you get to the big white house"
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 22:06
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Similar
    looking for a B&B in Ireland which we had pre-booked we phoned the owner
    for directions to be told
    "It's 2 miles before you get to the big white house"
    You think that's bad?

I used to work in a food warehouse preparing orders
    for delivery to various shops all over the island.

One order had the following address,

WATERFALL
    NEAR CORK.

That was all that was on the address label.
  3. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 02:54
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    I should add something that came from me.

One morning one of my dogs, Cutie Pie, was barking loudly. I looked outside and she was barking at a group of high school girls on their way to school. I yelled out "CUTIE PIE!" and they all turned around.

I am now officially the neighborhood creep.
    My husband wouldn't let me name our blonde hound dog "Honey" for a similar reason. He feared what the neighbors would think if she got out and he had to chase her down the road calling, "Honey, come back!"
  4. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 03:321 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    or how about "you can't get there from here" or "just drive down till you come to where the old gas station/taxidedermist used to be and hang a right"
    That reminds me of the time I drove a co-worker home after work. When I dropped him off, he said "Do you remember how to get back?"

I said "Refresh me"

He said "Go and make a right at the corner, around the bend until you see the gas station, go past that one block and turn left. Drive a half mile and if you pass the store you went too far. go back and make a left, another left, then a right. You get that?"

"I think so.'

"Or you can go tht way up to that stop sign, make a right, and it'll take you straight to the freeway."

😲
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 10:46
    Here are some:

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/48093470152/two-explosives-went-off-at-the-boston-marathon-on

It's from a thread on the Debate Forum, but it is all so outrageous, there's little or nothing to debate.
  6. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 11:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Here are some:

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/48093470152/two-explosives-went-off-at-the-boston-marathon-on

It's from a thread on the Debate Forum, but it is all so outrageous, there's little or nothing to debate.
    Teenagers and idiots on twitter are the worst.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 12:03
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Teenagers and idiots on twitter are the worst.
    Some of those twitterists at that link remind me of an RHP poster called sasquatch672
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 15:011 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Some of those twitterists at that link remind me of an RHP poster called sasquatch672
    I always have a problem with posters like that.

I mean, I know, intellectually speaking, that people like that exist. Of course I do. I just can't believe they do, however much I try. My mind just rebels at the concept of their actual existence.
  9. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 21:34
    What is a female cow named?
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 21:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 21:46
    Originally posted by Kegge
    What is a female cow named?
    Bessie?

Elsie?

'That woman supervisor at work that you just can't stand'?
  12. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 21:581 edit
    lol. A female cow is called a COW
  13. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    09 Jun '13 18:141 edit
    Just remembered another one. I was playing a trivia game with my brother, his wife, and her sister.

The game allowed you to choose between 3 difficulty levels. The sister chose the easiest. The question was: He invented the modern thermometer. There was also a clue. The name began with 'F'. (I really didn't know the answer but my educated guess would've been Fahrenheit).

She said "I remember that from school. It was Sigmund Frood."
  14. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 15:45
    This isn't so much about something outrageous someone said, but what I had to say to someone.

I pick up biohazardous waste from hospitals and doctors offices. After retrieving said waste, I hand them the manifest and ask them to print and sign, bottom left(which I've also highlighted as even with such simple instructions most people still can't find the spot). At one particular office last Tuesday, I instructed a lady at the receptionist desk in the usual manner. She proceeded to sign only and hand the manifest back to me. I then asked her to print her name as well. She was all deer in the headlights without a clue as to what I meant. After a few seconds of watching the gears in her head come to a grinding halt, I then proceeded to say to her,
    "print, ya know not cursive".
  15. In your face
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 22:49
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    lol. A female cow is called a COW
    Bull s**t. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree