1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 20:38
    Maybe you are NOT yet convinced. Do you need more facts?

The child claimed he was hanging upside down on the monkey bars at lunch time and his hearing aids both fell out at once.

Another child (the bully) picked them both up and threw them into a nearby lake.

There are two elementary schools in Nampa. Neither is anywhere near a lake.

This is in northern Idaho, in MARCH. Even if there were a small pond, it would have been frozen over.

The hearing aids were immediately retrieved and Amy Glover, the mother, attempted to dry them out...most hearing aids are water resistant

The 'lost' hearing aids were reconditioned
    new hearing aids cost $4200
    Some guy named Rory Conrad who is married to another woman since 2008, yet referred to Koltin as "our dear sweet boy" set up the account. It was the second of 3 times he used facebook.
    A local audiologist gave the boy new hearing aids.
    $5000 was grifted in the first day
    And yet, 6 months later, she (or he) is still asking for more money
    All of this information was readily obtained by me in less than 15 minutes.
  2. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 20:41
    Originally posted by Red Night
    You posted yesterday:

"[b]Last night
    I read a campaign about a young special needs boy who was repeatedly bullied at school. Someone stole or damaged his hearing aid and the parents were asking for donations to replace it. I sent in a modest amount"

The child in question got free hearing aids back in March.
    The GoFundMe request for $5000 was fil ...[text shortened]... are not the first person to be taken advantage of on the internet and you will not be the last.[/b]
    Red Night, Red Night, Red Night....
    *sigh*

You intentionally left off the rest of that quote in which I said this was ONE (yes, just ONE) donation I made on that site to an unknown person. I CLEARLY stated that I knew that there was a chance it was a scam, but in my reality (which seems to be just a tiny bit more kinder and compassionate than yours 😉 ) I will, on occasion, "risk" helping out a stranger and take that "chance."

I was in no means taken advantage of by anyone. I made a donation to a stranger and risked that it was not true and I said in that post (which again - you left off...) that I have no regrets. It turned out to be a hoax.... very unfortunate. But I believe in karma, so I don't lose sleep over such things.

You also purposely did not mention the three KNOWN people I did help and how I repeatedly emphasized in several of my posts that donating on that site to strangers may not feel comfortable to many, so I suggested donating to KNOWN people/causes - which is EXACTLY what I have done on three occasions on that site.

What on Earth, Red Night? Are you ok?

What do you care what I do and why do you feel the need to reem me every last chance you get? You do not even know me...lol I do not need your less-than-sincere "advice," ok? If you do not like anything I say (which clearly is the case), that's fine. But I am not going to do battle with you. It is just really odd behavior in my book. lol

I do thank you though...I think there was some screwy compliment in your post somewhere. lol I think? lol
  3. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 20:46
    Maybe you are NOT yet convinced. Do you need more facts?

The child claimed he was hanging upside down on the monkey bars at lunch time and his hearing aids both fell out at once.

Another child (the bully) picked them both up and threw them into a nearby lake.

There are two elementary schools in Nampa. Neither is anywhere near a lake.

This is ...[text shortened]... king for more money
    All of this information was readily obtained by me in less than 15 minutes.
    Are you losing sleep over MY donation? It sounds like you are. lol

No convincing needed, Red Night. I BELIEVE YOU. lol It is fine. Everything is fine. It was a scam. No big deal. I knew the possibility existed when I donated and like I said - I was ok with that.

I actually have a heart and believe in taking that kind of risk sometimes in the small chance that it is legit. This clearly bothers you. lol

Wow. I think you spent too much time on this? 😲
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 20:471 edit
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170

What do you care what I do and why do you feel the need to reem me every last chance you get? You do not even know me...lol I do not need your less-than-sincere "advice," ok?
    I care because I find it reprehensible that a woman and man in Idaho, the man most likely cheating on his spouse, used her child to scam you and hundreds of other people out of money, money that might have been used to do some real good.

As for your attempts to belittle me, I am sure you feel stupid right now. I am truly sorry for that. You came in here ready to tell us all about this great new site you had found and the humanitarian act you had done, only to find out you had been scammed. But, your ridiculous attempts to belittle me will not change the facts.

I think the smart thing for now would be to just keep quiet about it and live and learn.
  5. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 21:06
    I care because I find it reprehensible that a woman and man in Idaho, the man most likely cheating on his spouse, used her child to scam you and hundreds of other people out of money, money that might have been used to do some real good.

As for your attempts to belittle me, I am sure you feel stupid right now. I am truly sorry for that. You came in h ...[text shortened]... cts.

I think the smart thing for now would be to just keep quiet about it and live and learn.
    It is reprehensible what they did. Once a liar, always a liar. Eventually, they will get what they deserve in life. I am not worried.

I was not scammed. I knew the risk. And decided to take it. End of story.

The site has helped THOUSANDS of people. I can attest to that since I have known a few who's lives were changed. I see it as a positive thing & because a few bad apples have tarnished it (much like forums), I do not believe the honest people who might benefit should suffer.

I was simply sharing something I thought was something good in this world. I did not mislead anyone. I stated time and time again that while there were genuine stories on the site, there were also scammers. Buyer beware I said.

I am sorry you feel belittled. Not my intention. I am not as mean-spirited as you.

Thanks for all of your free advice.

I am done discussing this as you will drag this out forever - for what purpose, I haven't a clue.
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 21:17
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    It is reprehensible what they did. Once a liar, always a liar. Eventually, they will get what they deserve in life. I am not worried.

I was not scammed. I knew the risk. And decided to take it. End of story.

The site has helped THOUSANDS of people. I can attest to that since I have known a few who's lives were changed. I see it as a positive thi ...[text shortened]... am done discussing this as you will drag this out forever - for what purpose, I haven't a clue.
    mean spirited?

and I will drag it out forever.

I am sorry you got scammed. I am sorry you feel stupid.
    Please do not take it out on me.
  7. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    28 Aug '15 09:01
    mean spirited?

and I will drag it out forever.

I am sorry you got scammed. I am sorry you feel stupid.
    Please do not take it out on me.
    mean spirit ....did someone call ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree