1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 07:491 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    “Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas.” ~Charles Stewart
    Why don't you address your detractors directly and honestly instead of making passive aggressive little jabs wrapped up a copy/pasted unoriginal platitudes?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 07:50
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Apart from threads specifically titled "quote threads", where quotes belong, can we [b]please reduce the sheer overwhelming volume of inapposite quotes cluttering up so many general forum threads? Originality is so much more interesting.[/b]
    Well said.

Grampy Bobby has to be the most unoriginal poster in these forums.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 07:51
    [b]A Poem by Pinocchio's Good Friend Child Anon About Tedium

today i asked my grade one language teacher, Emily Wordsmith,
    what the word "tedium" meant. she said: "the state of being tedious".
    after thanking her, i asked one more question before morning recess:
    Miss Wordsmith, what does "the state of being tedious' mean"?

she said: 'child ...[text shortened]... s."

i'll tell her what i found during our next language class Monday. the end.

~child anon[/b]
    Good grief.

*vomits*
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 08:04
    Since Grampy Bobby created this thread, and nothing's happening in it, why don't we just all leave him to it and go somewhere that we can get something happening?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 08:351 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    ... but at least it's an original palm leaf ...
    "i dun good?" ~child anon
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 08:44
    Originally posted by divegeester
    People are voting you down, not your post, do you not get that? This seems to be your new way of turning your usual plethora of thumbs down into some sort of pseudo-positive interesting in yourself.
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    "Pinocchio Feature" Poll

"The New York Times awards "Pinocchios" to people in the public media news who in its editorial judgment have misrepresented facts with fabrications and/or have told outright lies. Purpose of this thread is to take a poll to determine the desirability of an RHP Site Ideas thread which would recommend that the present Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down Features be expanded to include a Pinocchio Feature as well. Votes will be counted as follows: One for each Yea Post and for each Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down [on the premise that those who are accustomed to telling the truth would be unlikely to have reason to give this thread a Thumbs Down and that those who do so may have told lies here before today]. Nay Posts will count as minus one. Twenty One (the age of accountability in some countries) Net Plus Votes will be needed. Our Polling Station will close at midnight December 31, 2015. Thanks for your cooperation.

Footnote: Pinocchio is the "fictional character and the protagonist of the children's novel The Adventures of Pinocchio (1883) by Italian writer Carlo Collodi. Carved by a woodcarver named Geppetto in a small Italian village near Florence, he was created as a wooden puppet but dreamed of becoming a real boy. He has also been used as a character who is prone to telling lies and fabricating stories for various reasons.The story has appeared in many adaptations in other media. Pinocchio has been called an icon of modern culture and one of the most re-imagined characters in the pantheon of children's literature." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinocchio"

Reminder: Voting in this Poll is optional. Some RHP Members will vote while others may choose to decline this invitation.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 08:46
    Good grief.

*vomits*
    About @divegeester:

"Just an ordinary guy, with nothing to lose."
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 08:501 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    [b]"Pinocchio Feature" Poll

"The New York Times awards "Pinocchios" to people in the public media news who in its editorial judgment have misrepresented facts with fabrications and/or have told outright lies. Purpose of this thread is to take a poll to determine the desirability of an RHP Site Ideas ...[text shortened]... Poll is optional. Some RHP Members will vote while others may choose to decline this invitation.[/b]
    Copy pasting your own verbal diarrhoea is not forum engagement Grampy Bobby.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 08:511 edit
    About @divegeester:

"Just an ordinary guy, with nothing to lose."
    Your point to being...?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 09:17
    Copy pasting your own verbal diarrhoea is not forum engagement Grampy Bobby.
    An excellent Site Ideas Forum thread:

Copy & Pasting Poll

Issue Under Discussion: Should Red Hot Pawn Members be allowed to Copy & Paste at will?
    Please vote "Yes" or "No". Refrain from posting quotations. Thanks for your cooperation.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 09:223 edits
    Your point to being...?
    You're an accomplished individual who takes vacations with his dear wife to far away exotic
    destinations and who has everything to lose by not fulfilling your God given potential.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 09:30
    An excellent Site Ideas Forum thread:

[b]Copy & Pasting Poll

Issue Under Discussion: Should Red Hot Pawn Members be allowed to Copy & Paste at will?
    Please vote "Yes" or "No". Refrain from posting quotations. Thanks for your cooperation.[/b]
    Why didn't you just address my point?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 09:332 edits
    You're an accomplished individual who takes vacations with his dear wife to far away exotic
    destinations and who has everything to lose by not fulfilling your God given potential.
    What potential am I not fulfilling Grampy Booby?

Is me disagreeing with you and not being impressed by you, indicative to you of me not "fulfilling my potential"?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 09:34
    3 edits...what's the matter, your notes on me not up to date?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 12:51
    Why didn't you just address my point?
    People have the right to like or dislike any other person they choose on the world stage,
    at work, in their neighborhoods or families and in online internet forums.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree