1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 12:453 edits
    "Pinocchio Feature" Poll

The New York Times awards "Pinocchios" to people in the public media news who in its editorial judgment have misrepresented facts with fabrications and/or have told outright lies. Purpose of this thread is to take a poll to determine the desirability of an RHP Site Ideas thread which would recommend that the present Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down Features be expanded to include a Pinocchio Feature as well. Votes will be counted as follows: One for each Yea Post and for each Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down [on the premise that those who are accustomed to telling the truth would be unlikely to have reason to give this thread a Thumbs Down and that those who do so may have told lies here before today]. Nay Posts will count as minus one. Twenty One (the age of accountability in some countries) Net Plus Votes will be needed. Our Polling Station will close at midnight December 31, 2015. Thanks for your cooperation.

Footnote: Pinocchio is the "fictional character and the protagonist of the children's novel The Adventures of Pinocchio (1883) by Italian writer Carlo Collodi. Carved by a woodcarver named Geppetto in a small Italian village near Florence, he was created as a wooden puppet but dreamed of becoming a real boy. He has also been used as a character who is prone to telling lies and fabricating stories for various reasons.The story has appeared in many adaptations in other media. Pinocchio has been called an icon of modern culture and one of the most re-imagined characters in the pantheon of children's literature." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinocchio
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 12:51
    This is a public service announcements brought you by the Betty Ford Center

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Thank you.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 13:17
    Grampy Bobby, do you think someone has said something untrue about you? Is that what this is all about?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 16:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Grampy Bobby, do you think someone has said something untrue about you? Is that what this is all about?
    "Purpose of this thread is to take a poll to determine the desirability of an RHP Site Ideas thread which would recommend that the present Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down Features be expanded to include a Pinocchio Feature as well. Votes will be counted as follows: One for each Yea Post and for each Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down [on the premise that those who are accustomed to telling the truth would be unlikely to have reason to give this thread a Thumbs Down and that those who do so may have told lies here before today]. Nay Posts will count as minus one. Twenty One (the age of accountability in some countries) Net Plus Votes will be needed. Our Polling Station will close at midnight December 31, 2015. Thanks for your cooperation." (OP)
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 21:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Purpose of this thread is to take a poll to determine the desirability of an RHP Site Ideas thread which would recommend that the present Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down Features be expanded to include a Pinocchio Feature as well. Votes will be counted as follows: One for each Yea Post and for each Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down [on the premi ...[text shortened]... Our Polling Station will close at midnight December 31, 2015. Thanks for your cooperation." (OP)[/b]
    Bobby, do you think someday you'll become a real boy?
  6. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 22:331 edit
    Cinderella, Superman and Pinocchio die and go to heaven. On their way they talk:
    Cinderella: "I want to be remembered as the most beautiful girl in the world"
    Superman: "I want to be remembered as the strongest person in the world"
    Pinocchio: "I want to be remembered as the greatest fraud in the world"
    It's Cinderella's turn. She goes into the room and comes out smiling, saying "It's done. I'm the most beautiful girl in the world!"
    Then goes Superman. He goes into the room and comes out happy, saying "It's done. I'm the strongest person in the world!"
    Last comes out Pinocchio, angrily he says: "Damn! who's this Grampy Bobby guy?"
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 23:21
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Bobby, do you think someday you'll become a real boy?
    even better than the real thing Randers, 4sure.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 00:161 edit
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Cinderella, Superman and Pinocchio die and go to heaven. On their way they talk:
    Cinderella: "I want to be remembered as the most beautiful girl in the world"
    Superman: "I want to be remembered as the strongest person in the world"
    Pinocchio: "I want to be remembered as the greatest fraud in the world"
    It's Cinderella's turn. She goes into the room ...[text shortened]... rson in the world!"
    Last comes out Pinocchio, angrily he says: "Damn! who's this Grampy Bobby guy?"
    "Thanks, Pinocchio; that's my boy." ~Geppetto lol
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 00:29
    "Thanks, Pinocchio; that's my boy." ~Geppetto lol
    Has someone said something about you that don't like? Is that your personal agenda with this? 😉
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 00:50
    "Pinocchio Feature" Poll Status Update as of Tuesday, November 25, 2015; Page One:

*Yea Posts: 0

**Thumbs Up: 20

***Thumbs Down: 25

****Nay Posts: 0

Total *****Net Plus Votes: 45

"Votes will be counted as follows: One for each *Yea Post and for each **Thumbs Up and ***Thumbs Down [on the premise that those who are accustomed to telling the truth would be unlikely to have reason to give this thread a Thumbs Down and that those who do so may have told lies here before today]. ****Nay Posts will count as minus one. Twenty One (the age of accountability in some countries) *****Net Plus Votes will be needed. Our Polling Station will close at midnight December 31, 2015. Thanks for your cooperation." (OP)
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 00:58
    Who was it and what did they say? 😉
  12. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 01:161 edit
    [b]"Pinocchio Feature" Poll Status Update as of Tuesday, November 25, 2015; Page One:

*Yea Posts: 0

**Thumbs Up: 20

***Thumbs Down: 25

****Nay Posts: 0

Total *****Net Plus Votes: 45

"Votes will be counted as follows: One for each *Yea Post and for each **Thumbs Up and ***Thumbs Down [on the premise that those ...[text shortened]... ling Station will close at midnight December 31, 2015. Thanks for your cooperation." (OP)[/b]
    Just cut and paste into site ideas and be done with it.

edit: In other words .... take it to 'site ideas' spanky ---->
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 01:25
    Originally posted by orangutan

I don't think this suits Grampy Bobby's ulterior motive. 😉
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 01:46
    Originally posted by orangutan

Since it involves lying, a sin, it should more properly be taken to Spirituality.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 04:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Has someone said something about you that don't like? Is that your personal agenda with this? 😉
    And what is YOUR personal agenda for constantly riding his back?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree