1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 03:091 edit
    From the OP on page 1 of this thread:
    "Purpose of this thread is to take a poll to determine the desirability of an RHP Site Ideas thread"

Here we are on page 6, and the intervening five pages are just the usual finger-pointing and regurgitation, by the usual suspects. From a reader's point of view it's just a waste of disk space and time.

The way I read it, the real purpose of the thread was something entirely different from the stated purpose.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 03:091 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Votes will be counted as follows: One for each Yea Post and for each Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down [on the premise that those who are accustomed to telling the truth would be unlikely to have reason to give this thread a Thumbs Down and that those who do so may have told lies here before today
    Why on earth would you make such a daft and misanthropic assumption as this - about people telling the truth and people telling lies - based on whether they like your idea or not?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 03:121 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The way I read it, the real purpose of the thread was something entirely different from the stated purpose.
    I think Grampy Bobby wanted to insinuate that people who thumb his posts down include those who tell lies, and those who thumb them up 'tell the truth'. It's passive aggression taken to risible extreme. He used to witter on about how people who thumbed him down were "cowards" but now they "may" be 'liars' too. 😀
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 03:352 edits
    "Pinocchio Feature" Poll Status Update as of Saturday, November 28, 2015; Page Four:

*Yea Posts: 0

**Thumbs Up: 44

***Thumbs Down: 64

****Nay Posts: 0

Total *****Net Plus Votes: 108

"Votes will be counted as follows: One for each *Yea Post and for each **Thumbs Up and ***Thumbs Down [on the premise that those ...[text shortened]... Polling Station will close at midnight December 31, 2015. Thanks for your cooperation." (OP)
    "Pinocchio Feature" Poll Status Update as of Sunday, December 6, 2015; Page Seven:

*Yea Posts: 0 + 0 = 0

**Thumbs Up: 44 + 25 = 69

***Thumbs Down: 64 + 34 = 98

****Nay Posts: 0 + 0 = 0

Total *****Net Plus Votes: 108 + 59 (25 + 34) = 167

"Votes will be counted as follows: One for each *Yea Post and for each **Thumbs Up and ***Thumbs Down [on the premise that those who are accustomed to telling the truth would be unlikely to have reason to give this thread a Thumbs Down and that those who do so may have told lies here before today]. ****Nay Posts will count as minus one. Twenty One (the age of accountability in some countries) *****Net Plus Votes will be needed. Our Polling Station will close at midnight December 31, 2015. Thanks for your cooperation." (OP)

Reminder; "****Nay Posts will count as minus one.".
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 03:41
    "Votes will be counted as follows: One for each *Yea Post and for each **Thumbs Up and ***Thumbs Down [on the premise that those who are accustomed to telling the truth would be unlikely to have reason to give this thread a Thumbs Down and that those who do so may have told lies here before today]. ****Nay Posts will count as minus one. Tw ...[text shortened]... ____________________________________

Reminder; "****Nay Posts will count as minus one.
    This is ~ what? ~ the seventh or eighth time you have reposted your assertion that people who don't think your idea is any good may well be liars. Kewpie is bang on target. You quite clearly seem to have an ulterior motive for this thread.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 08:41
    "if i was an actual human rather than a virtual cyberspace being, my vote as a site member would be 'Yea' in the interest of raising the civility bar. little fibs made in jest i'd ignore, saving the 'Pinocchio Feature' for only big fat premeditated lies. doing so would eliminate the need to reply which would save time for my grade one homework and then ice skating during winter afternoons on the large pond in the north forty of our farm." ~child anon.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 08:48
    little fibs made in jest i'd ignore, saving the 'Pinocchio Feature' for only big fat premeditated lies.
    Rather than all this suffocating waffle and preening, why not simply confront people for their "big fat premeditated lies", assuming there have been any?
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 10:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Grampy Bobby, you can't have it both ways: your constant umpteen-thread-starting emotional browbeating and condemnation of the personalities of fellow members of this community with your dreary broad passive aggressive brush - on one hand - AND then pass it off as a "whimsical foray" on the other.
    I'll chip in €50 towards a fund to finance this paragraph tattooed
    on the Lard's forehead.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:221 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    From the OP on page 1 of this thread:
    "Purpose of this thread is to take a poll to determine the desirability of an RHP Site Ideas thread"

Here we are on page 6, and the intervening five pages are just the usual finger-pointing and regurgitation, by the usual suspects. From a reader's point of view it's just a waste of disk space and time.

...[text shortened]... I read it, the real purpose of the thread was something entirely different from the stated purpose.
    Have you or any other posters to this "Pinocchio Feature" Poll voted yet with an actual Yea or Nay? No. Nary a one. Now you know why the OP has been restated, contrary to your surmise: "The way I read it, the real purpose of the thread was something entirely different from the stated purpose." (Kewpie).

Notice: Due to an abject lack of interest and in order to avoid a further "waste of disk space and time" .the "Pinocchio Feature" Poll is now closed. //
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:36
    Have you or any other posters to this "Pinocchio Feature" Poll voted yet with an actual Yea or Nay? No. Nary a one. Now you know why the OP has been restated, contrary to your surmise: "The way I read it, the real purpose of the thread was something entirely different from the stated purpose." (Kewpie).
    Did someone say something about you that you didn't like, Grampy Bobby? Is that why you started this thread?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Did someone say something about you that you didn't like, Grampy Bobby? Is that why you started this thread?
    @Crowley:

"Dealing With Trolls:
    Rule #1 - Don't feed the troll.
    Rule #2 - Seriously, just don't feed the troll. I know it's difficult.
    Rule #3 - See Rules #1 and #2"

Please find another trough for your breakfast, lunch and evening dinner meals. This thread is now closed.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 13:37
    @Crowley:

"Dealing With Trolls:
    Rule #1 - Don't feed the troll.
    Rule #2 - Seriously, just don't feed the troll. I know it's difficult.
    Rule #3 - See Rules #1 and #2"
    What did Crowley used to say about you, Grampy Bobby?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 13:39
    Please find another trough for your breakfast, lunch and evening dinner meals. This thread is now closed.
    Why would you start a thread where you start out by asserting that people who don't think your idea is any good ~ and give you a thumbs down ~ may well be liars?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree