1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 15:08
    @very-rusty said
    Just pull their chains that is what I do....rattles them everytime! 😉 Also great entertainment at this time!

-VR
    Or perhaps you simply lack the ability to recognize the nuances of a given thread and understand what is being asked of you?

Being able to follow a thread is decidedly more entertaining than pulling people's chains.

Try it sometime.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 15:08
    @hakima said
    “Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow...”
    ~William Shakespeare

Question: Did Bill advocate the Oxford comma?
    You and he were on a first name basis I see, you called him Bill not William! 😉

-VR
  3. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 15:09
    @very-rusty said
    You and he were on a first name basis I see, you called him Bill not William! 😉

-VR
    “Alas! I knew him well...”
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 15:11
    @hakima said
    Nice come back, and you didn't bite! 😉

-VR
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 15:12
    @hakima said
    It is said that I am the queen of obscurity, which often leads to my being misunderstood by everyone and attempts (especially by literalists) of schooling me whilst I smirk gleefully inside.
    If you are referring to The Queen of Obscurity, the converted barge I have moored on the Watford to Rickmansworth canal, there is a book in the galley drawer called The Schooling of Literalists by Vladimir Smirk. You're welcome to borrow it. Is that what you meant?
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 15:13
    @fmf said
    If you are referring to The Queen of Obscurity, the converted barge I have moored on the Watford to Rickmansworth canal, there is a book in the galley drawer called The Schooling of Literalists by Vladimir Smirk. You're welcome to borrow it. Is that what you meant?
    NO, I think it went right over your head!

-VR
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 15:15
    @very-rusty said
    NO, I think it went right over your head!

-VR
    Perhaps it was a plausible misunderstanding?

(Quick Sherlock, check the title of the thread).
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 15:17
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Being able to follow a thread is decidedly more entertaining than pulling people's chains.
    Good Lord. You really should invest in a discreet vacuum exhaust footpedal which sucks the stools away Boeing 737 style. Chains are so yesterday.
  9. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 15:19
    @very-rusty said
    Nice come back, and you didn't bite! 😉

-VR
    No sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, but I do bite my thumb.”

*Today, I shall plagarise Bill by replying only with his words.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 15:23
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Perhaps it was a plausible misunderstanding?
    Ah, now I see what you did there! Unfortunately, even though it distracted me momentarily, and just so there's no misunderstanding going forward, I know for a fact you whipped off my underpants, pulling them through a hole in my pocket, as I looked away. Impressive sleight of hand, undoubtedly. But hardly a plausible way for us to go on.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 15:28
    @fmf said
    Ah, now I see what you did there! Unfortunately, even though it distracted me momentarily, and just so there's no misunderstanding going forward, I know for a fact you whipped off my underpants, pulling them through a hole in my pocket, as I looked away. Impressive sleight of hand, undoubtedly. But hardly a plausible way for us to go on.
    That's absurd! How could I possibly whip your underpants? Are they made out of cream sir?!

I think not...
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 15:28
    @hakima said
    Today, I shall plagarise Bill by replying only with his words.
    Presumably, to "plagiarize" here is a euphemism for some kind of massage service where you do not initiate the conversation with "Bill" which I take it is a generic term for a customer.
  13. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 15:30
    @hakima said
    Surely not Brian Alas, I went to school with him, more and more spooky coincidences!
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 15:33
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    That's absurd! How could I possibly whip your underpants? Are they made out of cream sir?!
    If you are referring to Unwin der Pantz, the half Dutch Tory Whip 1947-1958, I think you will find it was, in fact, custard and not cream on his rhubarb crumble, weekdays.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 15:38
    @petewxyz said
    Surely not Brian Alas, I went to school with him, more and more spooky coincidences!
    You're perhaps thinking of Brain Aloo, a starter served at the Indian restaurant run by the castrated spouses of groundbreaking female experts at Delhi Rocket Science Institute.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree