1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 16:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    Grampy Bobby is not the biggest problem in life. What makes you base an entire forum post upon the suggestion that he might be?
    How about creating an entire thread to discuss it. I see no end world hunger thread. Must be a huge problem then.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 16:34
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    How about creating an entire thread to discuss it. I see no end world hunger thread. Must be a huge problem then.
    Take World Hunger to Debates, spanky!
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 22:16
    I thought that was like Jeopardy or something.
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 22:291 edit
    i feel left out
    don't i deserve an occasional PM asking me not to get a PM?

What do i have to do to get noticed?
    Do I need to be the first to send the PM complaining about getting a PM that I didn't get?
  5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 22:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    The only "private conversation" we have had is me asking you not to PM me. No more PMs please. I am asking politely.
    I think you'd be the last person who would be annoyed by someone else's annoying persistence, given that you yourself indulge in it so regularly.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 23:05
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    I think you'd be the last person who would be annoyed by someone else's annoying persistence, given that you yourself indulge in it so regularly.
    I send out very few PMs. If anyone were ever to ask me not to PM them, I would respect the request immediately. My "persistence" is all to be found in the public domain, where it belongs.
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 23:08
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Guess that makes me a crybaby then.
    It feels like I missed something. Kewpie is solid, as far as I know.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 23:382 edits
    Originally posted by apathist
    It feels like I missed something. Kewpie is solid, as far as I know.
    You don't know me very well, do you? Just look at my rating. 😕
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 23:391 edit
    You don't know me very well, do you? 😕
    Isn't that the truth! 😉
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 23:44

What if RHP routinely calculated and recorded each member's Forum Posting Rating along side the Chess Game Rating

in the profile? How would you build the equation? This foray's probably worthy of a thread. Run with it, if you'd like.
    -
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 23:49
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    What if RHP routinely calculated and recorded each member's Forum Posting Rating along side the Chess Game Rating

in the profile? How would you build the equation? This foray's probably worthy of a thread. Run with it, if you'd like.
    -
    Sounds like you're talking about the popularity contest that has already been established. 😉
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    01 Jan '13 17:36
    No one said you have to be great. You like chess, and i gotta shut up now
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jan '13 18:57
    Originally posted by Very Rusty

Sounds like you're talking about the popularity contest that has already been established. 😉
    "Players are rated using the following formula: New Rating = Old Rating + K * (Score - Win Expectancy) K is a constant (32 for 0-2099, 24 for 2100-2399, 16 for 2400 and above) Score is 1 for a win, 0.5 for a draw and 0 for a loss. The Win Expectancy is calculated using the following formula: Win Expectancy = 1 / (10^((OpponentRating-YourRating)/400)+1) The Win Expectancy is used in the rating calculation but is interesting on its own. For example, the calculation below is for a rating difference of 200. This shows that if you have a rating 200 points higher than another player, you can expect to beat them, on average, three times for each four games played. Win Expectancy = 1 / (10^(-200/400)+1) = 0.76. Note: ^ = "to the power of", e.g. 2^3=8." (RHP/FAQ/Chess Rating)

Course not. That would feed the poster species that grossly engorges itself upon every scrap of praise and morsel of applause it can find in the empty lunch pails of its beholden peers. Unfortunate attack dogs, sock puppets and lurking shadows (with ten ingrown thumbs) would be fed back in halfway houses where they belong. An equation for the objective calculation of a member's Posting Index (PI) would account for at least as many Human Ego and ID Variables as their Chess Ratings.
    -
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    01 Jan '13 22:08
    I skipped over that. Bobby you have some skills but stfu.
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 01:031 edit
    Originally posted by apathist
    I skipped over that. Bobby you have some skills but stfu.
    He just quoted the FAQ - he doesn't need any skills to do thatReveal Hidden Content
    other than Help -> FAQ, <b>Ctrl-F</b>, "formula", <b>Ctrl-C</b>, Forums -> General -> {PMs from Grampy Bobby}[last] -> {Reply & Quote},<b>Ctrl-V</b>, {type some of own gibberish}, Post

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree