Post a random fact about yourself.

Post a random fact about yourself.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
17 Sep 19

@trev33 said
When Scotland become as independent country I'll qualify for 3 passports
I’m on my third nationality, though I have kept only two of them. One I gave up.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
17 Sep 19

@mudfinger said
Can a person have more than one passport in hand or issued at the same time?
Different countries have different rules.
A Dutch friend says he is not supposed to have another
passport if he has a Dutch one. (Dutch Law). But he ignores
that and uses Dutch or NZ passport as convenient.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
17 Sep 19

I have a project translating 1700 letters written to the Baroness von Stein by the philosopher/poet/scientist Goethe to English and learning German along the way. In March, I will travel to Weimar in Eastern Germany where they lived and work on a literary piece (either a novel or a play). The apartment where I will be staying for three weeks is located in the Alte Falknerei on the property of the cemetery where they are both buried.

It's a romantic, gothic enriching project and I am such a nerd for it...

Read a book!

Moves
17 Sep 19

@hakima said
I have a project translating 1700 letters written to the Baroness von Stein by the philosopher/poet/scientist Goethe to English and learning German along the way. In March, I will travel to Weimar in Eastern Germany where they lived and work on a literary piece (either a novel or a play). The apartment where I will be staying for three weeks is located in the Alte Falknerei on ...[text shortened]... re they are both buried.

Good luck! Will your work be published?

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
17 Sep 19

@handyandy said
Good luck! Will your work be published?
Thank you. I would like to publish it, but I am leaning more toward wanting it performed on stage if it is good enough. Charlotte von Stein was every bit the playwright as Goethe, but her plays have drifted into obscurity because of her status as a woman in the shadow of the great talent of Goethe.

Her responses to Goethe’s correspondence are lost because she burned them all after a falling out with him. My goal is to attempt to find her voice...

Probably a bit more than anyone really wants to know about this project but I’m pretty passionate over it.

Read a book!

Moves
17 Sep 19

@hakima said
Thank you. I would like to publish it, but I am leaning more toward wanting it performed on stage if it is good enough. Charlotte von Stein was every bit the playwright as Goethe, but her plays have drifted into obscurity because of her status as a woman in the shadow of the great talent of Goethe.

Her responses to Goethe’s correspondence are lost because she burned them al ...[text shortened]... ly a bit more than anyone really wants to know about this project but I’m pretty passionate over it.
It would be an important play. I wish you success in putting it all together.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
19 Sep 19

I enjoy speaking like a pirate.

Moves
19 Sep 19

@wolfgang59 said
I enjoy speaking like a pirate.
Me too matey.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19 Sep 19

@hakima said

Her responses to Goethe’s correspondence are lost because she burned them al ...[text shortened]... ly a bit more than anyone really wants to know about this project but I’m pretty passionate over it.
Best of luck to you on your project!

-VR

Moves
20 Sep 19

@hakima said
I have a project translating 1700 letters written to the Baroness von Stein by the philosopher/poet/scientist Goethe to English and learning German along the way. In March, I will travel to Weimar in Eastern Germany where they lived and work on a literary piece (either a novel or a play). The apartment where I will be staying for three weeks is located in the Alte Falknerei on ...[text shortened]... re they are both buried.

Viel Glück und genießen Sie Ihren Aufenthalt.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Sep 19

@great-big-stees said
Viel Glück und genießen Sie Ihren Aufenthalt.
Good luck and enjoy your stay? (In German)

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
13 Nov 19

@great-big-stees said
I’m on my 4th marriage.😲
I am on my first (29 years and counting)

Gothenburg

Moves
13 Nov 19

@ponderable said
I am on my first (29 years and counting)
You are both very lucky to have found each other. I know it takes more, and you have managed with that too. I'm happy for you. 😍

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
13 Nov 19

@torunn said
You are both very lucky to have found each other. I know it takes more, and you have managed with that too. I'm happy for you. 😍
Thank you

Moves
13 Nov 19

I still pick up pennies from parking lot tarmac.

Not because of their value, they're worthless, but because I think it's an inappropriate place for the image of Abraham Lincoln.