Postmodernism Thread

Postmodernism Thread

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
355d

@fmf said
Don't be so naive.
Keep on with the typical male fantasy about women. You're two peas in a pod, but that's more probably because you're both men.

It goes back to my original premise, which is about men saying stupid stuff (about women, usually). It usually takes the form of "women don't have good judgement". Usually because women find them somewhat less than satisfactory.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
355d
1 edit

@fmf said
you have an axe to grind

I would say no, I haven't. But if you have to see it this way to rationalise our disagreement, do be it.
Most men have an axe to grind, but that's my entire point here. You're not special.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
355d

@suzianne said
It's exactly what "most men" I referenced would say. At best, it's incorrect, to the point of bordering on stupid. It's assuming women can't make a proper decision about men.
Your decision to classify the male population as being “most men” who develop “bad attitudes” towards you, is a purely subjective Suzianne.

F

Moves
355d
1 edit

@suzianne said
Keep on with the typical male fantasy about women. You're two peas in a pod, but that's more probably because you're both men.

It goes back to my original premise, which is about men saying stupid stuff (about women, usually). It usually takes the form of "women don't have good judgement". Usually because women find them somewhat less than satisfactory.
Talking to you on this thread involves absolutely no "male fantasy" in any shape or form. Women are just as likely to say naive doctrinaire things about men as men are to do likewise about women.

F

Moves
355d

@suzianne said
Most men have an axe to grind, but that's my entire point here. You're not special.
I have no axe to grind but if that's your chosen debating point in lieu of genuinely engaging what I am saying, so be it.

F

Moves
355d

@suzianne said

For someone who seems to think she is battling against sweeping statements, you seem to be making a lot of sweeping statements.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
355d

@divegeester said
Have you considered that your “honest and accurate assessment of most men”, that they “develop a bad attitude towards you” might have more to do with your judgment in selecting them as possible friends than it does with males as a general population?
You're missing the point. The "bad attitude" isn't just "about me", but women in general. You're typifying it right now.

People go on dates all the time. Women are generally hopeful, but the truth is that many more of these dates are getting thrown back than are being kept. And that is because women have good judgement, not bad.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
355d

@fmf said
For someone who seems to think she is battling against sweeping statements, you seem to be making a lot of sweeping statements.
Play another tune, for once.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
355d

@fmf said
I have no axe to grind but if that's your chosen debating point in lieu of genuinely engaging what I am saying, so be it.
Your particular bent viewpoint on this is because it's me, and not what I'm saying. This can't be the first time you've heard this.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
355d
1 edit

That's all the time I have right now for all the "mansplaining".

Thanks for proving my initial point.

F

Moves
355d

@suzianne said
Play another tune, for once.
Don't run away.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
355d
2 edits

@suzianne said
You're missing the point. The "bad attitude" isn't just "about me", but women in general. You're typifying it right now.
You said you weren’t going to say any more; pleased you changed your mind as this is interesting.

Anyway… I’m not missing the point at all. As I said earlier, your generalisation and opinion of men is based on your subjective experience.

What evidence outside of your personal experience do you have that the “bad attitudes” you experienced in the many men you have met is applicable to the majority of men in general?

F

Moves
355d

@suzianne said
Your particular bent viewpoint on this is because it's me, and not what I'm saying. This can't be the first time you've heard this.
I would say exactly the same thing to anyone, man or woman, who was making similar simplistic sweeping generalizations.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
355d

@suzianne said
People go on dates all the time. Women are generally hopeful, but the truth is that many more of these dates are getting thrown back than are being kept. And that is because women have good judgement, not bad.
Yes people go on dates all the time, isn’t this obvious.

Wether or not women are hopeful (another generalisation) on these dates remains to be proven, some probably are, other not.

Given that there are people on dates all the time and that most people don’t find a meaningful relationship with the first person that date, I’d say it was accurate for you to say that “more of these dates are getting thrown back than are being kept”

Not sure what any of this has to do with your generalised assertions about men though.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
355d

@suzianne said

Do you not see the projection and self parody in this post of yours?