1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 11:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    As president. In that way.
    It's a runaway train. Nobody can fix it.

What do you think?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 11:27
    Originally posted by josephw
    It's a runaway train. Nobody can fix it.
    So you think Trump would be exactly the same as Obama?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 11:31
    What do you think?
    I think Obama has been a reasonably successful president. Trump has not yet offered much indication that he has what it takes to do the job.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 11:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think Obama has been a reasonably successful president. Trump has not yet offered much indication that he has what it takes to do the job.
    It's all in how the media spins it. People follow like sheep whoever looks like the winner. I say "looks like the winner" because that's how it's spun, but at the end of the day everything man lays his hands to turns to dust.

It's folly not to see that it's the rich and powerful that runs the show. The higher you go the deeper the corruption.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 11:461 edit
    It's all in how the media spins it. People follow like sheep whoever looks like the winner. I say "looks like the winner" because that's how it's spun, but at the end of the day everything man lays his hands to turns to dust.
    My impression of the state of your country pretty much coincides with what was posted by one of the prominent Republican posters ~ and most certainly not a supporter of Mr Obama ~ a few days ago on the Debates Forum:

"Sure, things could be improved, but things are not that terrible. Unemployment is under 6%. The economy is growing slowly, but growing. Inflation is low. Interest rates are low. Energy is cheap. Healthcare is crazy expensive (unless the government is paying for yours) but is at least accessible to almost everyone. Illegal immigration rates are down. Crime is generally down across the board from one or two decades ago. It's really not that bad out there, folks."
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 12:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    My impression of the state of your country pretty much coincides with what was posted by one of the prominent Republican posters ~ and most certainly not a supporter of Mr Obama ~ a few days ago on the Debates Forum:

[b]"Sure, things could be improved, but things are not that terrible. Unemployment is under 6%. The economy is growing slowly, but growing. Infl ...[text shortened]... wn across the board from one or two decades ago. It's really not that bad out there, folks."
    [/b]
    That's the spin!
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 12:18
    That's the spin!
    "Spin" as in not truthful? Which bits of what that Republican RHP poster wrote are not true in your estimation?

~ Unemployment is under 6%.
    ~ The economy is growing slowly, but growing.
    ~ Inflation is low.
    ~ Interest rates are low.
    ~ Energy is cheap.
    ~ Healthcare is crazy expensive but accessible to almost everyone.
    ~ Illegal immigration rates are down.
    ~ Crime is generally down across the board.
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 13:03

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 23:29
    I prepared and saved an avatar (Trump with special hair) when he is elected.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 14:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Spin" as in not truthful? Which bits of what that Republican RHP poster wrote are not true in your estimation?

~ Unemployment is under 6%.
    ~ The economy is growing slowly, but growing.
    ~ Inflation is low.
    ~ Interest rates are low.
    ~ Energy is cheap.
    ~ Healthcare is crazy expensive but accessible to almost everyone.
    ~ Illegal immigration rates are down.
    ~ Crime is generally down across the board.
    Artificial. Everything is not as it may appear to be.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 14:12
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I prepared and saved an avatar (Trump with special hair) when he is elected.
    I saw the cover of his book. Trumps picture is on the cover. Angry face.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 14:14
    Artificial. Everything is not as it may appear to be.
    Which of the items on the list do you mean?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 15:021 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I agree, although only because that is my own perspective of the two (not because of the link). Trump has a buffoonery about him but if you look past that, he does have a air of honesty about what he says. I think those Americans supporting him are drawn to this and feel secure that his policies will be diluted and harnessed by the House of Representatives. Clinton is just horrible. I find her dishonest and untrustworthy.

Btw, I'm neither conservative nor labour/democrat, I'm a floating voter, always. I admire Obama for his stance on free healthcare. Like free education, equal rights etc free healthcare should be a fundamental.
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 15:10
    Have you seen this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-35732423

I think people who perceive an air of honesty in Trump are mistaken.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 15:241 edit
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Have you seen this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-35732423

I think people who perceive an air of honesty in Trump are mistaken.
    I watched the first few minutes and will watch the rest later. All of what the BBC are reporting could be true, but here's the thing, I trust the bbc even less than I trust Trump. In my opinion, base on my own observations, BBC has become increasingly biased over the years. Funded entirely by the UK government via tax, how could it not be.

Now why would they want to run a 28 minute piece exposing Trumps previous business deals? Who would the British government prefer in power in the U.S.? Anyone except an independent funded candidate.

I'm not a Trump supporter. But I'm even less of a BBC supporter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree