Prince Harry’s latest revelations

Prince Harry’s latest revelations

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
07 Jan 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I think it's a money thing. (Cashing in).
Oh no! not another case of "follow the money"! I am mortified.

<smile>

Moves
07 Jan 23
7 edits

@divegeester said
What on earth is he thinking.

Especially the account of how many Taliban he personally killed when serving in Afghanistan; 25 apparently.

But also details of; drug taking as a teenager, being allegedly assaulted by William, losing his virginity in a humiliating episode, wanting a new investigation into Diana’s death to hold people accountable, blaming Will & Kate ...[text shortened]... y claiming that he wants a reconciliation.
Narcissistic, naive and personally humiliating for him.
I generally agree with you.*

Yes, it is incongruent for Harry to publish a book that is likely to cause great embarrassment to his family while concurrently seeking reconciliation.

It seems we have learned that he is too open and plain-spoken to be King or heir -- at least in the near-term. Maybe later in life he will be heralded and appreciated as the King who speaks his mind, without pretense.

I seem to remember he has been a great advocate for disabled people and people with mental-health issues.

The easy and obvious option for "The Firm" would be to say, "Poor Harry has mental-health issues, but we still love him."

The more difficult, probably more generally beneficial, and therefore possibly more noble approach would be for the King and the Queen Consort and other members of "The Firm" to acknowledge their contributions to this situation and vow to help patch it up -- as opposed to casting Harry as a pitiful lone madman completely detached from reality, throwing a tantrum for no reason whatsoever.

That King Charles has asked his youngest son** not to make his 'last years a misery' seems rather one-sided to me.

_____
* But given your double mention of "humiliating" and according to my working model of primary psychological axes, I wonder if "humiliation" is one of the primary axes you tend to focus on: i.e., humiliating others (or enjoying their humiliation) while trying to avoid humiliation oneself. For an unrelated example, I once worked with a woman whose primary axis seemed to be assigning blame and avoiding blame.

** I nearly wrote "youngest known son" -- but I imagine Charles is too self-controlled (in his own way) to have allowed that to happen.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 23
1 edit

@kevin-eleven said
I generally agree with you.*

Yes, it is incongruent for Harry to publish a book that is likely to cause great embarrassment to his family while concurrently seeking reconciliation.

It seems we have learned that he is too open and plain-spoken to be King or heir -- at least in the near-term. Maybe later in life he will be heralded and appreciated as the King who spe ...[text shortened]... les has asked his youngest son** not to make his 'last years a misery' seems rather one-sided to me.
Okay. Yes it is completely incongruent. More than that, I would say it’s even manipulative.

Harry is not an heir to the throne in practical terms, as he is fifth in line. He’s also given up his HRH title. So he is most unlikely to ever be heralded as “the king who speaks his mind”.

The “Firm” are unlikely to make any comment whatsoever on Harry’s book and it’s contents. They certainly won’t be “casting Harry as a pitiful lone madman completely detached from reality, throwing a tantrum for no reason whatsoever.”

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
07 Jan 23

@divegeester said
Okay. Yes it is completely incongruent. More than that, I would say it’s even manipulative.

Harry is not an heir to the throne in practical terms, as he is fifth in line. He’s also given up his HRH title. So he is most unlikely to ever be heralded as “the king who speaks his mind”.

The “Firm” are unlikely to make any comment whatsoever on Harry’s book and it’s cont ...[text shortened]... pitiful lone madman completely detached from reality, throwing a tantrum for no reason whatsoever.”
There’s a pattern forming whereby the younger siblings of those in direct line to the throne find themselves lost in their pursuit of a meaningful life as they get older.

Princess Margaret was an excessive drinker and heavy smoker who spent a lot of time partying on the Caribbean island of Mustique. She suffered 3 strokes and depression and died 20 years before Queen Elizabeth. Prince Andrew has ruined his life following his association with Jeffrey Epstein and their involvement in the sexual exploitation of young females. He’s become a virtual prisoner in the palace grounds as he hides from public view and sadly it’s now Prince Harry who seems to be on a very troubled journey.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 23

@woodgirl said
Shocking and very worrying! He’s lost the plot.

Who is now left to have any respect or trust for him and wonder how long it will take until the ‘older woman in the field behind the pub’ gives her blow by blow account?
literaly

Über-Nerd

Moves
07 Jan 23
1 edit

@woodgirl said
There’s a pattern forming whereby the younger siblings of those in direct line to the throne find themselves lost in their pursuit of a meaningful life as they get older.

Princess Margaret was an excessive drinker and heavy smoker who spent a lot of time partying on the Caribbean island of Mustique. She suffered 3 strokes and depression and died 20 years before Queen Eli ...[text shortened]... e hides from public view and sadly it’s now Prince Harry who seems to be on a very troubled journey.
That may be exactly why Harry chose to ditch the whole thing and run. Can’t say as I blame him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 23

@divegeester said
Correct; like the vast majority of the civilised population I have never been in a bar or street fight.

In the UK we call people who fight in bars or in the streets “thugs” or “hooligans”. It is nothing to be proud of especially at your age one would think you would have realised you are demeaning yourself.
2 guys tried to mug me in a telephone box on linthorpe rd mbro,so i told them that i would take 1 of them with me...they decided that at 16 nstone and 6 ft 2 i had the potential to hurt them they decided not to bother, i swear if they had started i would have at least beaten one of them but that does not make me a thug, been in a few rucks over the years but i have never started any of them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 23

@divegeester said
Because your an all-mouth lightweight pussy.
said the mouse

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 23

@badradger said
2 guys tried to mug me in a telephone box on linthorpe rd mbro,so i told them that i would take 1 of them with me...they decided that at 16 nstone and 6 ft 2 i had the potential to hurt them they decided not to bother, i swear if they had started i would have at least beaten one of them but that does not make me a thug, been in a few rucks over the years but i have never started any of them.
That doesn’t make you a thug, of course not.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 23

@badradger said
said the mouse
We had a mouse in our house once.

True story.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 23

@divegeester said
We had a mouse in our house once.

True story.
they seek it here

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 23

@badradger said
they seek it here
We caught it in a humane mouse trap using a Cadbury chocolate button and released it into the undergrowth at my workplace.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 23
1 edit

@divegeester said
We caught it in a humane mouse trap using a Cadbury chocolate button and released it into the undergrowth at my workplace.
i applaude your humanity, i dont like killing anything, when i was floorlaying it was difficult whilst spreading adhesive not to kill the odd insect,

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 23
1 edit

@badradger said
i applaude your humanity, i dont like killing anything, when i was floorlaying it was difficult whilst spreading adhesive not to kill the odd insect,
My wife named it “Button” and threw a couple of strawberries in the undergrowth after it. I asked her how she new mice ate strawberries and she said “who doesn’t like strawberries?”

Can’t argue with that logic.

Edit: I was going to reply with “after eating a third it’s body weight in chocolate buttons it’s probably diabetic and you’ve just given it a hyperglycaemic coma.”

But I decided not to.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 23

@divegeester said
My wife named it “Button” and threw a couple of strawberries in the undergrowth after it. I asked her how she new mice ate strawberries and she said “who doesn’t like strawberries?”

Can’t argue with that logic.

Edit: I was going to reply with “after eating a third it’s body weight in chocolate buttons it’s probably diabetic and you’ve just given it a hyperglycaemic coma.”

But I decided not to.
8 strawberrys a day would help repair the damage caused by over indulging in chocolate .... straight from a diabetics mouth