1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 17:22
    4. "And the root of all evil was never money but the love of it, Mammon, the servant and footman of the unrequited."
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 23:45
    Prevarication
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 13:10
    5. "Neither is hell denied its fury, nor a woman ignored or deceived who prefers not being scorned."
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 13:30
    California's #8...Boooooooo😠
    Wait I think it was "overturned".😀
  5. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 13:33
    Prelate
  6. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 14:312 edits
    I don't quite understand this thread - what are we supposed to do and why are there numbered quotes? (You might say that it is not my English that is insufficient, it's my intelligence)
  7. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 14:48
    Originally posted by lolof
    I don't quite understand this thread - what are we supposed to do and why are there numbered quotes? (You might say that it is not my English that is insufficient, it's my intelligence)
    Both your English and you Intelligence are sufficient for this thread.

Ma Proposition: It is a meta-thread in which one poster is posting (numbered) proposition, while the others play an association game. Do you have a counter-proposition?
  8. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 14:54
    Originally posted by Ponderable

Ma Proposition: It is a meta-thread in which one poster is posting (numbered) proposition, while the others play an association game. Do you have a counter-proposition?
    No, I leave this thread 🙂
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 15:26
    Originally posted by lolof
    lolof, "Propositions" is this thread's topic title. Since, 6 propositions and 18 off topic posts. My apology for the confusion. Hope you'll reconsider your decision and stay. Propositions should fit nicely with your obvious love of language. -Bob
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 15:334 edits

"Do you have a counter-proposition?"

Since when has it become necessary or desirable or respectful to deviate from a site member's public forum thread topic by design (or to encourage others to follow suit)? Doesn't one of the site's "Forum Guideline" Points discourage doing so? -Bob

Edit: "propositions: 3rd person singular present, plural of prop·o·si·tion. Noun: A statement or assertion that expresses a judgment or opinion." (The Free Dictionary, online) In context, the "Verb Form" isn't applicable.

Edit 2: "Please stay on topic. There is clearly a subjective judgment to be made as to whether a post strays off topic and in the majority of cases the post will not be deleted unless it is considered to be disruptive to the thread and its participants." (Red Hot Pawn FAQ: Forum Guidelines)
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 15:381 edit
    7-9. That the following statements may be true: "And a female is not a woman, nor a woman a lady and young girls rape their own futures in the early sun. And a boy is not a man before his mother. Furniture is seldom if ever made in the woods."
  12. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 15:57
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Do you have a counter-proposition?"

Since when has it become necessary or desirable or respectful to deviate from a site member's public forum thread topic by design (or to encourage others to follow suit)? Doesn't one of the site's "Forum Outline" Points discourage doing so? -Bob

Edit: "propositions: 3rd person singular present, plural o ...[text shortened]... pinion." (The Free Dictionary, online) In context, the "Verb Form" isn't applicable.
    So you claim, that deviations introduced by you are not by design?

PS: I apologize for the weak spelling, however I can't see where I used a "verb-form" while I admit to have left out a plural-s.
  13. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 15:58
    7. That the following statement may be true: "And a female is not a woman, nor a woman a lady and young girls rape their own futures in the early sun. And a boy is not a man before his mother. Furniture is seldom if ever made in the woods."
    These are three statements.
  14. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 16:00
    lolof, "Propositions" is this thread's topic title. Since, 6 propositions and 18 off topic posts. My apology for the confusion. Hope you'll reconsider your decision and stay. Propositions should fit nicely with your obvious love of language. -Bob
    I would like to see my post as a Proposition.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 16:03
    So you claim, that deviations introduced by you are not by design?

PS: I apologize for the weak spelling, however I can't see where I used a "verb-form" while I admit to have left out a plural-s.
    All seven (7) numbered posts contain propositions and, therefore, are by definition on topic. Reference to "Verb Form" was included simply for the sake of completing the quoted definition. Nothing whatsoever to do with you or your comments.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree