1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 16:07
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    These are three statements.
    Sharp Eyes, Ponderable. Thanks for enabling me to correct the incidental error.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 16:11
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I would like to see my post as a Proposition.
    ... me, too (and many more).
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 16:13
    10. "And having a pleasant day is less pleasant than outright possession of the unpleasant truth."
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 16:15
    One encouraging hope is worth more than 10 dry truths.
  5. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 16:57
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Do you have a counter-proposition?"

Since when has it become necessary or desirable or respectful to deviate from a site member's public forum thread topic by design (or to encourage others to follow suit)? Doesn't one of the site's "Forum Guideline" Points discourage doing so? -Bob
    I apologise for hijacking the thread, Bob. I thought it suited the irreverent nature of the general forum, but perhaps I was wrong. No offence intended.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 17:321 edit
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    I apologise for hijacking the thread, Bob. I thought it suited the irreverent nature of the general forum, but perhaps I was wrong. No offence intended.
    As you know from one of the site's private club forums and messages, we both enjoy swapping of the wall thoughts and odd observations. Fact is that without your good natured series of proposition examples the thread would already be dead. Ha,

11. That, "Neither is all well that appears to end well, if held together subjectively and in place with pins."
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 23:45
    OK, I was enjoying the Pre-Pro series, but if it's going to revert to boring stuff I'm outta here.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 00:05
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    OK, I was enjoying the Pre-Pro series, but if it's going to revert to boring stuff I'm outta here.
    No need to leave, Kewpi, especially since you apparently enjoy word games as well as conversation.
    There's room for both "Pre-Pro series" and Pro-Pre series in this mixed greens salad of a thread.
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 11:37
    No need to leave, Kewpi, especially since you apparently enjoy word games as well as conversation.
    There's room for both "Pre-Pro series" and Pro-Pre series in this mixed greens salad of a thread.
    Salad bowl is a more appropriate descritpion of the US Society than melting pot.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 12:05
    How long five minutes are depend on which side of the toilett door you are.
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    16 Sep '13 15:55
    [b]Propositions

1. "That Hell is the denial of the ordinary; that nothing lasts; that clean white paper
    waiting under a pen is the gift beyond history and hurt and heaven." (Ciardi)[/b]
    Do you know where hell is?
    Hell is in "Hello".

from a song
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '13 23:22
    14. a) That negative people desperately seek drama, because it's like oxygen to them; b) That remaining positive in their presence unsettles and irritates them because doing so robs them of a target and, in so doing, takes their breath away.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree