1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 12:29
    "At 70 years old, if I could give my younger self one piece of advice, it would be to use the words 'f--- off' much more frequently." -- Helen Mirren
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 20:22
    @rookie54 said
    “Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax & get used to the idea.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein
    The problem with that is, women and cats will scratch, no matter how relaxed men and dogs are.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 20:25
    On the subject of dogs, one by Alexander Pope, inscribed on the collar of a dog he presented to some royal or other:

"I am his Highness' dog at Kew; pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?"
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 11:08
    "'I don't feel very much like Pooh today,' said Pooh.
    'There, there,' said Piglet. 'I'll bring you tea and honey until you do.'"

A.A. Milne
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 12:21
    Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement.
    - Charles M. Schulz
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 17:13
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in." N.N.
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 17:23
    Always acknowledge a fault.
    This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.

~ Mark Twain
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 17:27
    Nous avons tous assez de force pour supporter les maux d'autrui.
    -- François, duc de La Rochefoucauld
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 17:31
    @torunn said
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in." N.N.
    How about when a young boy plants a sapling in a suburban back yard not realising how large the tree will grow, and his father allowing it because it'll do him good?

'Cause that was me. And I still sit in its shade, nearly forty years later. And it's ridiculous in this puny garden and much too large, but the birds love it and so do I. That, too, I consider great.
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 17:39
    @shallow-blue said
    How about when a young boy plants a sapling in a suburban back yard not realising how large the tree will grow, and his father allowing it because it'll do him good?

'Cause that was me. And I still sit in its shade, nearly forty years later. And it's ridiculous in this puny garden and much too large, but the birds love it and so do I. That, too, I consider great.
    That's wonderful.
  11. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 20:41
    @shallow-blue said

Sounds like it did you good. 😁
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 20:56
    Could be worse. Not sure how, but it could be.

Eeyore
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 21:14
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Could be worse. Not sure how, but it could be.

Eeyore
    That is something to keep in mind. 🙂
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 06:542 edits
    @shallow-blue said

Nice story.
  15. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    07 Feb '21 16:15
    Whenever two people meet, there are really six people present. There is each man as he sees himself, each man as the other person sees him, and each man as he really is.

~ William James
    pragmatist, philosopher, & psychologist (1842 - 1910)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree