1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 13:13
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I always used to find that one thing that made France feel friendly, safe, and easy to travel around was Michelin Maps.

Maybe, for you to feel good about going to the Philippinnes, Israel or Tunisia, you just need to get hold of good maps.
  2. Joined
    11 Oct '12
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 13:261 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I always used to find that one thing that made France feel friendly, safe, and easy to travel around was Michelin Maps.

Maybe, for you to feel good about going to the Philippinnes, Israel or Tunisia, you just need to get hold of good maps.
    What difference would a map, of somewhere I do not want go to make?

I loved France even without a map!

3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 13:441 edit
    Originally posted by aranya10
    What difference would a map, of somewhere I do not want go to make?
    You're not in the mood for a lighthearted comment, clearly. 🙁
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 15:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have tried it and it was not to my taste, I don't really like any spirits other than whisky with a single ice cube and usually only after a fine British ale, nom nom nom
    robbie, what were the ingredients of the high potency adult beverage you recommended to alleviate my nasal congestion a few winters ago?
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 15:19
    No.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 15:262 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    robbie, what were the ingredients of the high potency adult beverage you recommended to alleviate my nasal congestion a few winters ago?
    Yes sir! prescription for GB from Dr Bobs ancient herbal remedies

A good shot of whisky (blended will do), a large teaspoon of honey, the juice of half a lemon squeezed (use orange if you prefer but it should be citrus and acidic to complement the sweetness of the honey) and top it up with boiling water from the kettle, find some treasured book of New Englands finest poetry and let the essence of the mixture take your dreams to far away places of times now forgotten.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 15:30
    Originally posted by aranya10
    Beautiful places all over our amazing planet, so it is a personal choice where one chooses to visit, not ignorance.
    I think you replied to the wrong person, I didn't mention ignorance.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 15:43
    Yes sir! prescription for GB from Dr Bobs ancient herbal remedies

A good shot of whisky (blended will do), a large teaspoon of honey, the juice of half a lemon squeezed (use orange if you prefer but it should be citrus and acidic to complement the sweetness of the honey) and top it up with boiling water from the kettle, find some treasured book o ...[text shortened]... y and let the essence of the mixture take your dreams to far away places of times now forgotten.
    "A good shot of whiskey" or was it a VS French Brandy? Seem to recall one additional ingredient; perhaps it was an Elderberry
    or some other sour/bitter tasting wine. Did I enjoy it? Oh, yeah, a wee tad. lol And haven't had a winter or summer cold since.
    _________

Note: With an apology to divegeester for veering way off topic in his fascinating vacation travel destination thread.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 15:491 edit
    "A good shot of whiskey" or was it a VS French Brandy? Seem to recall one additional ingredient; perhaps it was an Elderberry
    or some other sour/bitter tasting wine. Did I enjoy it? Oh, yeah, a wee tad. lol And haven't had a winter or summer cold since.
    _________

Note: With an apology to divegeester for veering way off topic in his fascinating vacation travel destination thread.
    Yes brandy will do, It might even have been Jamaican Rum mixed with blackcurrant and topped up with hot water, its very tasty as well, for a Caribbean flavour 😀
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 15:493 edits
    It's fine, I don't get precious about thread development unless the sidetracking is done deliberately to derail the thread topic.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 15:521 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's fine, I don't get precious about thread development unless the sidetracking is done deliberately to derail the thread topic.
    Thank you.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 15:55
    Yes brandy will do, It might even have been Jamaican Rum mixed with blackcurrant and topped up with hot water, its very tasty as well, for a Caribbean flavour 😀
    " blackcurrant and topped up with hot water" Yes, that's the final ingredient.
    That same winter I gave your recipe to a neighbor named Carolyn.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 15:55
    Thank you.
    You might want to take this leaf from divegeester's book. 😉
  14. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 17:12
    It's based on too much bovine faeces you have been fed, so is wrong.

Sounds like that start to a sentence by racist people "I'm not a racist, but..."
  15. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 17:26

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree