General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    94
    13 Nov '15 12:14
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Duh.
    You have reading difficulties?
    I thought the Services had minimum IQ requirements?
    Next time think before you spew.
    Here are your own words:

    "I'm not celebrating any deaths.
    Nor any heroes.
    Just the innocent. (ie the vast, vast majority)"

    This implies that some/all must be celebrating deaths on Veteran's Day...but you yourself are not.
    Yes, there is a minimum IQ to get in which helps to understand why you were not eligible. That and being a coward. Easy to criticize while others step up and actually serve their countries.
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    94
    13 Nov '15 12:22
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yea, he seems like a real deep guy.

    All soldiers of all nations love war. It's so true. Nothing better. We join so we can kill and destroy. It's a great life.

    Balanced? In here? You can't be serious.

    After reading through some of your posts it is obvious what you like your role to be in here.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Hero of the masses
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    19094
    13 Nov '15 12:27
    Originally posted by faithj323
    Yea, he seems like a real deep guy.

    All soldiers of all nations love war. It's so true. Nothing better. We join so we can kill and destroy. It's a great life.

    Balanced? In here? You can't be serious.

    After reading through some of your posts it is obvious what you like your role to be in here.
    You mean a nice person?

    You have a problem with nice people?!
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    13 Nov '15 12:38
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    326101
    13 Nov '15 15:04
    Originally posted by faithj323
    Yea, he seems like a real deep guy.

    All soldiers of all nations love war. It's so true. Nothing better. We join so we can kill and destroy. It's a great life.

    Balanced? In here? You can't be serious.

    After reading through some of your posts it is obvious what you like your role to be in here.
    It's not actually true that all soldiers of all nations love war and join up so they can kill and destroy.

    Many soldiers join up with the explicit intention of defending their country. I can only speak for Britain, but I know that the young men and boys who took the King's shilling in 1914 did so very much to protect their mothers, sisters and wives, to defend their country and do their bit to fight for the King.

    Of course, probably none of them had any idea of what was to follow.
  6. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    94
    13 Nov '15 15:29
    Originally posted by Startreader
    It's not actually true that all soldiers of all nations love war and join up so they can kill and destroy.

    Many soldiers join up with the explicit intention of defending their country. I can only speak for Britain, but I know that the young men and boys who took the King's shilling in 1914 did so very much to protect their mothers, sisters and wives, ...[text shortened]... to fight for the King.

    Of course, probably none of them had any idea of what was to follow.
    I was being sarcastic.

    NO soldiers I know join to kill and destroy. The great majority of soldiers (not just American - I know top notch Australian, British, Italian, Canadian, Jordanian soldiers...to name a few...) believe in goodness and peace in the world. They have the grave and selfless task of destroying evil when evil shows itself. It is a heavy cross to bear.

    Pisses me off when cowards spew from the safety of their homes - criticizing, mocking, mis-characterizing good men & women as killers or assassins. Total shameful losers in life.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    326101
    13 Nov '15 15:35
    Originally posted by faithj323
    I was being sarcastic.

    NO soldiers I know join to kill and destroy. The great majority of soldiers (not just American - I know top notch Australian, British, Italian, Canadian, Jordanian soldiers...to name a few...) believe in goodness and peace in the world. They have the grave and selfless task of destroying evil when evil shows itself. It is a heav ...[text shortened]... ing, mis-characterizing good men & women as killers or assassins. Total shameful losers in life.
    Fair enough!

    I was puzzled and hadn't spotted the sarcasm. That's all! 🙂
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    111347
    13 Nov '15 15:52
    I respect every man or woman who takes it upon themselves to serve in their country's armed forces. The shame is that we need armed forces in the first place.
    I'm not really that naive but wouldn't it be nice if we didn't?
  9. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Joined
    26 Aug '06
    Moves
    60368
    13 Nov '15 16:20
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I respect every man or woman who takes it upon themselves to serve in their country's armed forces. The shame is that we need armed forces in the first place.
    I'm not really that naive but wouldn't it be nice if we didn't?
    Abolishing all religion would be a start. Most wars seem to have some stupid religious background.
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    13 Nov '15 16:302 edits
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Abolishing all religion would be a start. Most wars seem to have some stupid religious background.
    Your statement is demonstrably false, most wars are political, economic or are perpetrated on an ethnic basis. The two greatest wars, the first and second world wars we political. The Khmer rouge killed one millions persons attempting to establish an aesthetic state.

    http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/atrox.htm
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    111347
    13 Nov '15 17:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Your statement is demonstrably false, most wars are political, economic or are perpetrated on an ethnic basis. The two greatest wars, the first and second world wars we political. The Khmer rouge killed one millions persons attempting to establish an aesthetic state.

    http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/atrox.htm
    No matter the reasons no one "wins" in the long run save for the firms that manufacture the weaponry.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '11
    Moves
    42144
    13 Nov '15 17:31
    Originally posted by Startreader
    It's not actually true that all soldiers of all nations love war and join up so they can kill and destroy.

    Many soldiers join up with the explicit intention of defending their country. I can only speak for Britain, but I know that the young men and boys who took the King's shilling in 1914 did so very much to protect their mothers, sisters and wives, ...[text shortened]... to fight for the King.

    Of course, probably none of them had any idea of what was to follow.
    Agreed....
  13. Standard memberdrewnogal
    Rocky 2008-2019
    Ecofreak
    Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    40750
    13 Nov '15 19:45

    This post is unavailable.

    Please refer to our posting guidelines.

  14. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    94
    13 Nov '15 20:39
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I did not say that about you.
    I was referring to comments made by other posters - ones that were insulting to our troops.

    Although - you agreeing with this Seitse lowlife on page 2 is a bit concerning.
  15. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    94
    13 Nov '15 20:43
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I respect every man or woman who takes it upon themselves to serve in their country's armed forces. The shame is that we need armed forces in the first place.
    I'm not really that naive but wouldn't it be nice if we didn't?
    It would be. A utopia. Sounds great.
    I only respect men and women around the globe who take it upon themselves to serve in their country's armed forces if they are an ally of ours. Those nations who of course have cultural differences and beliefs, but wish to live in peace and find common ground between us.
    The rest of them can burn in hell.
Back to Top