RHP General Forum Conversation

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
15 Aug 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]RHP General Forum Conversation

Sole purpose of this thread: to disprove my already posted view to Ponderable (in the "jimslyp forum killing champion" thread) that, "... the cause of this forum's gradual decline is disinterest in conversation". If you will commit to helping 'our conversation' achieve one hundred plus (100+) posts by August 31, ...[text shortened]... exciting things or life changing events happen lately? I'm finally back to feeling well.[/b]
Wes das Herz voll ist, des geht der Mund über.

As Luther noted 500 years ago, talking is a human condition.

l

Moves
15 Aug 13

Originally posted by Ponderable

Varav hjärtat är fullt, därav talar munnen (same thing)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Aug 13

"If you sail to an Island, defeat a giant and scale a mountain top, 'Ponderable' is still stronger than you."
('Altoids' Mint Container Parchment Paper Insert Ad)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Aug 13

Originally posted by lolof
Varav hjärtat är fullt, därav talar munnen (same thing)
No more \_/@ for lolof. lol

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Aug 13

Sole purpose of this thread: to disprove my already posted view to Ponderable (in the "jimslyp forum killing champion" thread) that, "... the cause of this forum's gradual decline is disinterest in conversation". If you will commit to helping 'our conversation' achieve one hundred plus (100+) posts by August 31, ...[text shortened]... exciting things or life changing events happen lately? I'm finally back to feeling well.[/b]
Let me guess. When you were a kid in school, you were one of these ones who would pass notes in class, for example:

"I do not like Bobby
I do like Bobby

Please check the box next to the one you choose and hand it back."

I always hated these kinds of notes, the audience participation ones. Just give me something I can glance at and shove in my backpack so I don't get caught with your stupid note in my hand, you know?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Aug 13
3 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
Let me guess. When you were a kid in school, you were one of these ones who would pass notes in class, for example:

"I do not like Bobby
I do like Bobby

Please check the box next to the one you choose and hand it back."

I always hated these kinds of notes, the audience participation ones. Just give me something I can glance at and shove in my backpack so I don't get caught with your stupid note in my hand, you know?
Only notes I ever sent in grades 3 and 4 were Homemade Valentine's Day Cards (with light weight construction paper and pink, lavender, yellow and blue crayons) to my heartthrob, Judy Holmes all year long, usually walking home after school. High School Yearbook Caption beneath my candid photo: "Rugged Individualism", written by Class Secretary. Pat Nasuti. Anticipating your next question, unfortunately, no never dated either. Why? Joanne Guerin in the next town and Leslie White (from near Philadelphia and an American Bandstand Regular) several working summers on Cape Cod. Her dear parents trusted one teenager explicitly with their only daughter. Wow. You seem to be in the know about the practice of private 'note passing'; was it one of your own forms of expression in those memorable years now so long ago? Honesty, please. lol

Note: "Sole purpose of this thread: to disprove my already posted view to Ponderable (in the "jimslyp forum killing champion" thread) that, "... the cause of this forum's gradual decline is dis-interest in conversation". = a true statement. Thanks for helping increase the activity levels of this forum. -Bob

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
17 Aug 13

I always like it when someone says, "Answer me this." What the hell, Glad to meet you Yoda.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
20 Aug 13

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
I always like it when someone says, "Answer me this." What the hell, Glad to meet you Yoda.
Answer me this: Is it better to expand a question by adding "answer me this"?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
23 Aug 13

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
If we about Yoda talk, his Syntax we should adopt?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
29 Aug 13
1 edit

Despite my efforts we won't reach the Magic mark of 100 Posts (I could of course post the missing 15 or so, but that wouldn't be a conversation at all).

It Shares the fate with Thread 153332, deceased.

Since the latest three Posts are all by me I can ask myself about my skills as a conversationalist.

Read a book!

Moves
29 Aug 13

Since the latest three Posts are all by me I can ask myself about my skills as a conversationalist.
You possess superb skills as a conversationalist. You are insightful, witty and well-informed.

N

Moves
04 Sep 13

Originally posted by HandyAndy
You possess superb skills as a conversationalist. You are insightful, witty and well-informed.
This thread failed to acquire the required 100+ posts before the deadline of August 31st. Perhaps someone in authority should be notified.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Sep 13
1 edit

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason

This thread failed to acquire the required 100+ posts before the deadline of August 31st. Perhaps someone in authority should be notified.

"Sole purpose of this thread: to disprove my already posted view to Ponderable (in the "jimslyp forum killing champion" thread) that, "... the cause of this forum's gradual decline is disinterest in conversation". If you will commit to helping 'our conversation' achieve one hundred plus (100+) posts by August 31, 2013, please sign here: 1) Grampy Bobby; 2) _____; So, has anyone had any exceptionally exciting things or life changing events happen lately? I'm finally back to feeling well." (OP)

August 5 - September 4, 2013 (31 days/ 87 Posts, less than 3/day). How disappointing. Thank you for bringing this lapsed thread to the foreground. Let's await Ponderable's reply.

Moves
05 Sep 13

"Sole purpose of this thread: to disprove my already posted view to Ponderable (in the "jimslyp forum killing champion" thread) that, "... the cause of this forum's gradual decline is disinterest in conversation". If you will commit to helping 'our conversation' a ...[text shortened]... u for bringing this lapsed thread to the foreground. Let's await Ponderable's reply.[/b]
Sheldon will wait till the last possible moment at which time he'll apply the paddles.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
05 Sep 13

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
you are right.

With your post you acquired the rank of "post observer 3rd class" go on and you will be the authority in about no time.