1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 19:39
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Only after eating a Pomegranate or using it's juice as a mix. You?
    Pomegranate Juice (mixed with cider and several Bolthouse Farms Fruit and Veggie Juices) with a healthy splash of Canada Dry Ginger Ale daily over ice. It's my H2O. Recently met, an athletic looking tall blond lady in the Publix Market Produce Section. I asked if she jogged. She said, "Yes, I try to Jog every day" and also approved of my healthful drink. "Jogging in a Jug" was her description as we laughed and said good bye. You could easily substitute Canadian Beer for the Ginger Ale.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 20:49
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Pomegranate Juice (mixed with cider and several Bolthouse Farms Fruit and Veggie Juices) with a healthy splash of Canada Dry Ginger Ale daily over ice. It's my H2O. Recently met, an athletic looking tall blond lady in the Publix Market Produce Section. I asked if she jogged. She said, "Yes, I try to Jog every day" and also approved of my healthful drink ...[text shortened]... we laughed and said good bye. You could easily substitute Canadian Beer for the Ginger Ale.
    I may give it a go, not that I need to get into shape of course. 😀
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 21:33
    I may give it a go, not that I need to get into shape of course. 😀
    Segue: stretch your arms out straight with both thumbs up in a natural position, as if getting ready to embrace someone.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 21:58
    Segue: stretch your arms out straight with both thumbs up in a natural position, as if getting ready to embrace someone.
    I've done the first part in the middle of a highway, caring not which way my ride was heading.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 22:11
    I've done the first part in the middle of a highway, caring not which way my ride was heading.
    (2 of 3) Did you experience any discomfort or strain?
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 22:25
    (2 of 3) Did you experience any discomfort or strain?
    Only once in France and I was able to discourage the "gentleman's" desire to relieve me of my money.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 22:50
    Only once in France and I was able to discourage the "gentleman's" desire to relieve me of my money.
    (3 of 3)

Okay, you've stretched your arms out straight with both thumbs up in a natural position,
    as if getting ready to embrace someone, and doing so felt quite natural.
    Now, Stees, please stretch those same arms out straight with both thumbs down.
    Any discomfort or muscle strain?
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 22:59
    (3 of 3)

Okay, you've stretched your arms out straight with both thumbs up in a natural position,
    as if getting ready to embrace someone, and doing so felt quite natural.
    Now, Stees, please stretch those same arms out straight with both thumbs down.
    Any discomfort or muscle strain?
    I would tend to be, as is evident from my previous postings in this thread, a thumbs pointing up one. So to answer your question concerning any discomfort in the positioning of my thumbs in the down bent, I'd have to say yes.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 23:18
    I would tend to be, as is evident from my previous postings in this thread, a thumbs pointing up one. So to answer your question concerning any discomfort in the positioning of my thumbs in the down bent, I'd have to say yes.
    Related: Next time you look in a mirror, smile; now, please do so a second time.
  10. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 05:14
    you probably know the story about that temple with thousand mirrors?

A dog went in and saw suddenly 100 other dogs, so he went into an aggressive stance. HOwever all the other 1000 did, too. The dog fled and was convinced that the world was full of aggressive dogs.
    Then another dog came to that temple and saw 1000 other dogs. He was happy and waved his tail, and all the other dogs did so, too. He went away in the conviction that the world was full of friendly dogs.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 05:281 edit
    Notes for Stees: 1) By design, it's natural to extend our arms with upward pointing thumbs. Pointing down's uncomfortable. 2) It's also natural to smile and requires less effort than a frown. Our eyes tend to widen and brighten with a smile; frowning makes them squint or partially close. 3) Saying, "Yes" and "No", produces about the same changes within our face and eyes.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 14:26
    Notes for Stees: 1) By design, it's natural to extend our arms with upward pointing thumbs. Pointing down's uncomfortable. 2) It's also natural to smile and requires less effort than a frown. Our eyes tend to widen and brighten with a smile; frowning makes them squint or partially close. 3) Saying, "Yes" and "No", produces about the same changes within our face and eyes.
    I have heavy rings on my thumbs so it's more comfortable for me to have them pointed down but I fight Uncomfortably to keep them in the upright position. As for my facial expressiveness I've had Botox treatments and no matter my expression my face always looks the same...taute.
  13. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 18:181 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Round numbers are mostly easier to say, seventy-nine has 4 syllables, eighty has 2. Three hundred and four has two syllables more than three hundred.

Exact numbers always offer encouragement to others to question your source and accuracy, because they sound real. Round numbers sound as if they were pulled from the air and are unlikely to be questioned in the same way.
    It's three hundred four, the and is superfluous. Three hundred and four is an addition problem. 😛
  14. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 18:25
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    It's three hundred four, the and is superfluous. Three hundred and four is an addition problem. 😛
    This is quite a challenge. In German the "and" in that number is about to vanish, is it the same in English? I feel like an old man, if I use Dreihundertundvier.
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 18:30
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    This is quite a challenge. In German the "and" in that number is about to vanish, is it the same in English? I feel like an old man, if I use Dreihundert[b]undvier.[/b]
    German is different, ein-und-zwanzig=twenty one

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree