1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 May '20 18:28
    @ponderable said
    ze won wiss ze heavy German accent is mine 😉

I also look forward to discuss things I have read all f the stories now and made my small notes. I will vote tomorrow after thinking a bit more.
    And I think I don't know the authors at this time.
    It's great how this competition seems to accumulate every year an ever-growing number of creative writers.
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    12 May '20 18:30
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It's great how this competition seems to accumulate every year an ever-growing number of creative writers.
    This is a big event - almost like Christmas! 🙂
  3. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    12 May '20 18:36
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    What I like about the contest is that hardly a story is left without getting appreciation (by gaining points).
    And even if I don't connect to each and every one, they are fun to read and often provide food for thought.
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    12 May '20 20:03
    I have a nice chunk of time blocked out for tomorrow AM. I'm looking forward to reading them all then.
  5. The World
    Moves
    13 May '20 09:31
    How will the second round work?

Will it be an open vote like this one, or will it be just for those who voted in the first round?

Will our votes in the first round count to the second round, for example I voted Dogma as my top choice, so if that is in the top 3, will my vote automatically carry to it?

With it be a secret vote, or on a thread, or can it be one with multiple choices that we click on to choose?

Sorry for all the queries, particularly if I've missed where this was explained previously.
  6. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 May '20 10:30
    @paul-a-roberts said
    How will the second round work?

Will it be an open vote like this one, or will it be just for those who voted in the first round?

Will our votes in the first round count to the second round, for example I voted Dogma as my top choice, so if that is in the top 3, will my vote automatically carry to it?

With it be a secret vote, or on a thread, or can it be one ...[text shortened]... oose?

Sorry for all the queries, particularly if I've missed where this was explained previously.
    Probably they haven't been explained in depth…

The second round of voting starts new. Everybody ahs casts the one vote for their favourite.

As of yet I would have thought of open voting. Since we do have one vote per Person I would establish a new thread and include a Ballot as offered by the site. So your vote is partly anonymous, but you see the result after Voting. Tactical Voting could only occur if People send results to those who have not yet voted...but I sincerely hope that there is no tactical Voting anyway.
  7. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 May '20 12:17
    Wow, it has been very difficult to compose the lsit:

#1 Release
    #2 Reginald goes for a walk
    #3 This Little piggy

I will give some comments and critique on every Story after the final results (and if authors want them).
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    13 May '20 17:21

Removed by poster

9. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    13 May '20 21:22
    @ponderable said
    Wow, it has been very difficult to compose the lsit:

#1 Release
    #2 Reginald goes for a walk
    #3 This Little piggy

I will give some comments and critique on every Story after the final results (and if authors want them).
    I've finished the first seven. I take notes and assign values as I go.

The writers here are incredible!
    Originality counts for everything and there's plenty.
  10. Joined
    01 May '20
    Moves
    13 May '20 23:20
    If first place is well above second place then she/he should get the victory.

No votes for the escaping fart?
    It was the only funny story.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 May '20 07:47
    @the-pickled-walrus said
    The rules have already been set old chap, but I'd imagine a runaway winner would do well in the final round. (And there is still plenty of voting time left).
  12. The World
    Moves
    14 May '20 10:41
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The rules have already been set old chap, but I'd imagine a runaway winner would do well in the final round. (And there is still plenty of voting time left).
    I agree, the rules were known before the competition was set in motion, so needs to be fair to all.

I'm not sure there is a run away leader yet, and they are phenomenal stories.
  13. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 May '20 11:19
    @the-pickled-walrus said

No votes for the escaping fart?
    It was the only funny story.
    Mr. Wilson's board Meeting has two Points already…. and funny is not all that counts 😉
  14. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 May '20 11:20
    @paul-a-roberts said
    I agree, the rules were known before the competition was set in motion, so needs to be fair to all.

I'm not sure there is a run away leader yet, and they are phenomenal stories.
    There are Five stories that would make the second round at this time. If you Count the leader as "runaway" is a Question of Definition, in mine there is None.
  15. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 May '20 11:25
    A chronological listing of all entries to ensure prompting:

1 - "Victoria's Wedding"
    2 - "Release"
    3 - "Lucky Me!"
    4 - "Dogma"
    5 - "Soul Searching"
    6 - "In Which Reginald Goes for a Walk"
    7 - "Mr. Wilson's Board Meeting"
    8 - "Lockdown"
    9 - "This Little Piggy"
    10- "Escape"
    11- "A Reason to Live"
    12- "Cynthia"
    13- "Rose Colored Glasses"
    14- "Billy Southridge"
    15- "Beyond the Horizon"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree