1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 12:40
    Spell check for forum posts and automatic profanity detector(prior to actually posting)!
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 12:43
    Originally posted by Russ
    I'm not sure we really need all that stuff - variable font sizes and colours. They could be added very easily...but we choose not to.
    Good. Font sizes and colours are not necessary. But being able to underline would be good.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 13:11
    Upgrades and enhancements impact incremental increases in investment costs. Some portion may be offset by net gains in capacity, operating costs and administrative expenses. Unrecovered balances along with inflation will result in higher subscription fees. How much will the market bear?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 13:361 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Upgrades and enhancements impact incremental increases in investment costs. Some portion may be offset by net gains in capacity, operating costs and administrative expenses. Unrecovered balances along with inflation will result in higher subscription fees. How much will the market bear?
    You sound Gareth Keenan trying to "fellate" David Brent with managerspeak. 😀
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 13:54
    Originally posted by FMF

You sound Gareth Keenan trying to "fellate" David Brent with managerspeak. 😀
    My Beloved Older Twin:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/gareth/

(Thanks, F M)
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 14:06
    My Beloved Older Twin:
    Not really. I was just having a bit of fun with your pretentious blather. That's all. 😀 Just try to relax and enter into the spirit of things! 😛
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 14:201 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not really. I was just having a bit of fun with your pretentious blather. That's all. 😀 Just try to relax and enter into the spirit of things! 😛
    Of course we're related (though accidentally separated at birth). Please note the likeness of the guy in the link profile

and the one standing next to Songbird by that Misty California Fountain One Memorable Summer Night in mine. (<3)
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 14:23
    Of course we're related (though accidentally separated at birth). Please note the likeness of the guy in the link profile

and the one standing next to Songbird by that Misty California Fountain One Memorable Summer Night in mine. (<3)
    Hey now, just try to enter into the spirit of things rather than bristle. 😀
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 16:21
    Effective Elimination of Forum Spam and Chess-Smart Boxes.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 20:071 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am already behind the times. My wife has an old Kindle without a touchscreen. I did not know you could get on RHP from a kindle. I thought it only connected to Amazon.com.
    on a Kindle Fire you can go anywhere on the web, just like your computer. You can on the old Kindles too, but the Fire is better for that. The older Kindles are really best as e-readers only. I have one of each, they both have their best uses.

The screen is smaller tho, so you really need a stylus so you don't click on a wrong link.
  11. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    24 Feb '13 00:17
    I want Star Wars chess. Something appealing about "bantha bodyslams tan tan - check".
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Feb '13 02:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    on a Kindle Fire you can go anywhere on the web, just like your computer. You can on the old Kindles too, but the Fire is better for that. The older Kindles are really best as e-readers only. I have one of each, they both have their best uses.

The screen is smaller tho, so you really need a stylus so you don't click on a wrong link.
    MY wife has the older kindle for reading books and she says you can only go on the web to buy your books. You can not search the web like on a laptop and read your e-mail.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '13 05:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    MY wife has the older kindle for reading books and she says you can only go on the web to buy your books. You can not search the web like on a laptop and read your e-mail.
    You can search the web (and read email and access this site) just fine from some older Kindles.

From the home page, click the Menu button and choose the last item on that list, "Experimental".

From there, a web browser is the first item, click on "launch browser".

Of course you should make sure your wireless access is on first.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree