General Forum

General Forum

  1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    17 Apr '13 21:36
    Guess who just got back today?
    Those wild-eyed boys that had been away
    Haven't changed, haven't much to say
    But man, I still think those cats are great

    They were asking if you were around
    How you was, where you could be found
    I told them you were living downtown
    Driving all the old men crazy

    The boys are back in town
    The boys are back in town
    (The boys are back, the boys are back)

    You know the chick that used to dance a lot
    Every night she'd be on the floor shaking what she'd got
    Man when I tell you she was cool, she was red hot
    I mean she was steaming

    That night over at Johnny's place
    Well this chick got up and she slapped Johnny's face
    Man we just fell about the place
    If that chick don't want to know, forget her

    Friday night they'll be dressed to kill
    Down at Dino's bar and grill
    The drink will flow and blood will spill
    If the boys want to fight, you'd better let them

    That jukebox in the corner blasting out my favorite song
    The nights are getting warmer, it won't be long
    It won't be long till summer comes
    Now that the boys are here again

    The boys are back in town.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------

    Another MLB season is upon us. Come on in, have a cold one, and share with us your memories of seasons past or hopes for this season.

    Me? I'm not really into baseball, it's just a handy 'marker' in time for me. The seasons roll on, and it's now Spring. Time to get out of the workplace and head north to the mountains for a couple of days. You know, back to Nature for a bit before the Summer heat comes crashing down in all its glory.
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    17 Apr '13 21:50
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Guess who just got back today?
    Those wild-eyed boys that had been away
    Haven't changed, haven't much to say
    But man, I still think those cats are great

    They were asking if you were around
    How you was, where you could be found
    I told them you were living downtown
    Driving all the old men crazy

    The boys are back in town
    The boys are back in town
    ...[text shortened]... o Nature for a bit before the Summer heat comes crashing down in all its glory.
    Well I hope where you are you get a summer.

    All we get here is Rain. That's why this country is so green.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    17 Apr '13 21:56
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Well I hope where you are you get a summer.

    All we get here is Rain. That's why this country is so green.
    Are you kidding me? I live where, in the height of summer, you can get red skin in about 15 minutes and a real sunburn in about an hour. Not even that long.

    Pass the sunblock, please.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    67825
    18 Apr '13 00:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Are you kidding me? I live where, in the height of summer, you can get red skin in about 15 minutes and a real sunburn in about an hour. Not even that long.

    Pass the sunblock, please.
    Been there, lack of humidity makes it much easier than here.
    You can get burned and bathed at the same time.

    Fire up the air conditioner!!!
  5. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    18 Apr '13 07:09
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    After weeks of dry, cold and sunny weather, we finally have rain. This is a good time of the year.
  6. Joined
    22 Dec '11
    Moves
    19493
    18 Apr '13 08:18
    Originally posted by lolof
    After weeks of dry, cold and sunny weather, we finally have rain. This is a good time of the year.
    Yeah spring has arrived here and there is a battle between the wind and the rain to see who makes the weather headlines.:'(
  7. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    18 Apr '13 12:17
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Yeah spring has arrived here and there is a battle between the wind and the rain to see who makes the weather headlines.:'(
    Nature is slowly turning green, the winds are warmer and the trees that looked dead are showing signs of life again.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97123
    18 Apr '13 13:02
    Originally posted by lolof
    Nature is slowly turning green, the winds are warmer and the trees that looked dead are showing signs of life again.
    The songbirds, and others of course, are returning and building their nests in our forest. A hawk, I couldn't determine which kind it happened too quickly, took out a morning dove in midflight outside my kitchen window yesterday. The was a blurr then and "explosion" of grey feathers. Nature is a dichotomy isn't it?
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    95096
    18 Apr '13 13:20
    i hoping the rituals of spring will start when my other half gets back from her business trip.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97123
    18 Apr '13 13:36
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i hoping the rituals of spring will start when my other half gets back from her business trip.
    Make sure the "nest" is clean.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    95096
    18 Apr '13 14:55
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Make sure the "nest" is clean.
    are you suggesting i do some housework or that i should check to see if somebody else has been trying to fertilize her eggs?
  12. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    18 Apr '13 14:56
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    are you suggesting i do some housework or that i should check to see if somebody else has been trying to fertilize her eggs?
    Just make sure there are no surprises waiting...
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97123
    18 Apr '13 15:25
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    are you suggesting i do some housework or that i should check to see if somebody else has been trying to fertilize her eggs?
    I know not you nor your other half so that, sir/madame, is completely up to you.
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97123
    18 Apr '13 18:17
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Perhaps the male had been out to the pub and...well๐Ÿ˜. Check the nest carefully to see if there are any eggs. If there are (probably 3 maybe 4) they should hatch about 2 weeks after being laid.
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    731
    18 Apr '13 18:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Are you kidding me? I live where, in the height of summer, you can get red skin in about 15 minutes and a real sunburn in about an hour. Not even that long.

    Pass the sunblock, please.
    The Diamondbacks are off to a good start. Maybe they can beat the Yanks tonight. ๐Ÿ™‚
Back to Top