1. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 13:31
    The Sex Pistols in my case.
    Afterwards, I discovered bands and musicians both before and after them, but I have always been and will remain a Pistols Guy.

I will listen Tony Bennett (born 1926) in a duet with no other than Lady Gaga in July, but I will remain Pistols Guy.

What about you?
  2. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 13:501 edit
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    The Sex Pistols in my case.
    Afterwards, I discovered bands and musicians both before and after them, but I have always been and will remain a Pistols Guy.

I will listen Tony Bennett (born 1926) in a duet with no other than Lady Gaga in July, but I will remain Pistols Guy.

What about you?
    Peter Greens Fleetwood mac/ Free/ Jethro Tull all around 1970/ actually saw the pistols at Middlesbrough Rock Garden
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 15:23
    I am deaf.
  4. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 15:28
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I am deaf.
    Def Leopard?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 20:27
    I am deaf.
    Ok, your idol is Beethoven...😛
  6. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 20:57
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Ok, your idol is Beethoven...😛
    2 nice replies to a tasteless post.

My step son is profoundly deaf. He cannot appreciate music, but sees the enjoyment that others get from it. It breaks my heart to answer his questions.

Anyways ..

Alice Cooper doing 'Schools Out' on TOTP in 1972 for me. I just thought 'I want to do that!!'
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 21:16
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    2 nice replies to a tasteless post.
    So what exactly is tasteless about my disability, uh?
  8. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 21:20
    So what exactly is tasteless about my disability, uh?
    keep digging
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 21:45
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    keep digging
    Dig this. Some of us are douchebags too. Romanticizing it won't make our lives better.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 21:59
    Originally posted by redbadger
    Peter Greens Fleetwood mac/ Free/ Jethro Tull all around 1970/ actually saw the pistols at Middlesbrough Rock Garden
    I seen Johnny at the Glasgow Barrowlands, it was a shame people kept spitting on him and he got fed up.. someone threw a bottle and it him him and he left, but not before playing pretty vacant, was too awesome.
  11. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 22:00
    Dig this. Some of us are douchebags too. Romanticizing it won't make our lives better.
    if you really are deaf..I apologise, but why you would add a post to this perfectly reasonable thread that is inaccessible to the deaf is a puzzle

if you aren't..shame on you

only you know which is correct
  12. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 01:40
    Well, let the old folks chip in here.

My uncle's 45's and 33's of Elvis (Oh Lord, just look it up children) showed me that good music didn't have to mention Jesus. Since I was born in 1952, just the roll of the dice meant I started becoming aware around 1964. And yes, we still talk about those guys and girls, don't we?
  13. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 03:04
    The Beatles, of course...

I was two years old and my 14 year old aunt had one of those phonograph record players that folded up, latched shut and had a handle like a suitcase...She also had a copy of a 45 RPM record of The Beatles 1963 release, "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" to which I bounced up and down and attempted to sing at the top of my lungs...

A few years later, I remember my family visiting my father's Navy subordinates who lived on the North Shore of the island of Oahu, Hawaii...They were playing tunes of The Doors, The Association, Van Morrison, Jefferson Airplane, The Fifth Dimension, The Seekers, The Rolling Stones, and many more...not the least of which continued to be The Beatles...

I can still hear those songs and one of the sailors telling his buddy, "Watch this little girl dance," as he turned volume of the phonograph up...and come to think of it, that is about the time my parents gathered me up along with my brothers and sister. I don't think that we children ever returned to the North Shore...but the music never left me...

...and I'm still dancing...
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 May '15 09:24
    even if it was not state of the time anymore:

Bill Haley and his Comets
  15. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    02 May '15 09:48
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    even if it was not state of the time anymore:

Bill Haley and his Comets
    R

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree