1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 May '19 21:29
    What do our English members think about the Royal Baby, is everyone excited?

-VR
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '19 21:34
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    What about the Scotts, the Northern Irish and the Welsh?
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    06 May '19 21:39
    and texians!!!
    we care a LOT about the lil drooler...
  4. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    06 May '19 21:42
    The half breed?
    Who cares... another mut in the world.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 May '19 21:451 edit
    @divegeester said
    What about the Scotts, the Northern Irish and the Welsh?
    Good point Dive, shows you I am from this side of the pond! 😉 I am leaving out a big group of people there! I assumed it was the British people that footed the bill, I know we don't pay a nickle for anything over here, except when we have a Royal Visit!!!

-VR
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 May '19 23:30
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    I can barely contain myself.
    [/sarcasm]
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    07 May '19 05:15

Removed by poster

8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 May '19 06:27
    @caesar-salad removed their quoted post
    According to Royalists the Royal Family bring in gazillions.
    It should be compulsory for all royals to have 10 children and build palaces for them all.

That way Britain would be thriving!
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 May '19 06:271 edit
    @very-rusty said
    I am leaving out a big group of people there! I assumed it was the British people that footed the bill
    You are leaving out about 16,000,000 people.

Yes, it is the British taxpayer who funds the monarchy and all its paraphernalia, but Great Britain is more than just “England”.
  10. Standard memberfireagate
    Grasshopper
    Honolulu
    Moves
    07 May '19 06:36
    @Very-Rusty
    I am not English. I live in Honolulu. The new royal baby was great news because along with this news there was a program that covered Harry & Megan's backstory. The royal biographer thought that their relationship was a bridge between the young English generation and the royal family. Interesting observations. Fireagate
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 May '19 06:411 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    It should be compulsory for all royals to have 10 children and build palaces for them all.

Britain is thriving and would continue to thrive without the Royal family.

The cost of the monarchy is easily covered by estimated tourism revenues it brings, however commentators and statical bodies have noted that the net receipts from tourism are huge compared to the monarchy element which is relatively small. So whether or not the overall interest in visiting the UK would be negatively impacted if there was no longer a sitting royal family remains to be speculated on.

On a theoretical distribution of value per royal head I suppose it could be hypothesised that after the first generation (William and Harry) the fiscal benefit of all the chinless wonders becomes dispensable.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 May '19 06:43
    @wolfgang59 said

Britain is thriving and would continue to thrive without the Royal family.

The cost of the monarchy is easily covered by estimated tourism revenues it brings, however commentators and statical bodies have noted that the net receipts from tourism are huge compared to the monarchy element which is relatively small. So whether or not the overall interest in visiting the UK would be negatively impacted if there was no longer a sitting royal family remains to be speculated on.

On a theoretical distribution of value per royal head I suppose it could be hypothesised that after the first generation (William and Harry) the fiscal benefit of all the other chinless wonders becomes dispensable.
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 May '19 06:55
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    As a non-English non-British Person I wish the child well. Though I fear it will be a very stressful life to be led, regardless of the perks.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 May '19 08:32
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    No I £ecking hate the royal family and Megan the most.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 May '19 08:33
    @ponderable said
    As a non-English non-British Person I wish the child well. Though I fear it will be a very stressful life to be led, regardless of the perks.
    STRESS are u taking the piss.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree